View Poll Results: YOUR sc goals?
speeeeeeeed!
18.91%
classy beauty like Lexus intended
35.49%
I have a goal of both moreso than just 2 upgrades each
45.60%
Voters: 772. You may not vote on this poll

Class or sass.......... what is YOUR SC goal?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-11, 08:51 AM
BigSticks
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Speed... Anything sitting in first gains a flair of awesome sexyness and makes it look that much better...
Old 09-14-11, 09:15 AM
Tabaka
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by FrshPrince
I'm going for class, it cost too much to compete with these newer cars in my SC400
This is truth! Most cars these days are coming out with 300hp from the factory. I had a discussion the other day with a friend about how standard cars will be near or over 400hp in the next 10 years. Pretty crazy to think that the average camry, accord, maxima, etc will have such high hp.
Old 11-16-11, 08:59 AM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 350 Likes on 226 Posts

Gonna do one of each now.
Old 11-16-11, 02:52 PM
Toyboxx
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Class, ***, sass, fast, all while making it last.
Old 11-24-11, 07:42 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Default What makes the perfect SC?

I have read about three million threads and seen what everyone has did with their own SC. I wanted to know what makes an SC perfect? Is it a slammed one on coilovers, tinted windows, window reflectors, black, white, red, gold package, single exhaust or twins, single turbo, and duals, auto's, R154's, V160's, 1JZ or 2JZ, and so on. What's everyone's opinion on the perfect SC?

Let the discussion begin.

I think a white with black/chrome TT wheels, all black interior, and 1JZ/2JZ swap with R154/V160, single turbo.
Old 11-24-11, 07:46 AM
skirts
Lead Lap

Well you have a nice one. It needs some tt wheels though.
Old 11-24-11, 08:57 AM
levie
Lexus Test Driver

well what makes a perfect soarer for me is air suspension, very nice wheels, proper fitment, black leather interior, flawless body, and minor performance upgrades. i think this would be perfect becuase you have the classy look of the sc, but you can still get performance when you need it. IMO
Old 11-26-11, 04:39 PM
LEXXIUM
Pole Position

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

I dont know what category I fall into. I'd like for it be cool and fast looking car and great street handling machine. Oh at the same time, with agressive low stance and natural sexxxy body comfortable natural interior
I'm I asking for too much?
Trying to figure out the suspension right now, doing homework on the setup I'm going with, and a home made fiberglass splitters something different just want something mean and cool!!!
Old 11-29-11, 07:36 PM
GitFast
Driver School Candidate

I'm purely going for speed, I've seen my fair share of luxuriors SC300/400 kinda want to be one of the few performance oriented sc300 out there.

I dont plan on making it a 800 horse power puking car, I honestly (just like i said) want my ride to be different from everyone elses, I'm planning on keeping my ride NA and just squeezing everybit of power out of it which should get me at the 300 - 400HP range. Just enogh power for some hooning around, Highway cruises too and from work and some weekend drift events.
Old 04-11-12, 10:07 PM
Bassrocker
Rookie

i have a 92 ls400 wih 118k miles exterior is a 8/10 intieror is a 9.5/10

think my first goal is to get it running right get headlights for it,
make all the power stuff work (dome light, power windows tilt steering wheel, climate control lights are out ac blows cold door locks dont work dont have the wireless door lock keyfob so going to get that from the dealer)
get the windows tinted get a nice radio (i want pandora in my car and good subs probably going to go infiniti kappa
sometime between all of that do a complete tune up coolant, transission fluid and filter swap, plugs, cap, rotor change, new o2 sensors, AC flush and recharge, timing belt and maybe add a transmission cooler just for peice of mind
custom true dual exhaust with offroad H pipe and spintech super pro streets and handmade tips.
really badass suspension nothing too crazy tho just something awesome also do the ls400 big brake upgrade and get some good friction probably brembo rotors and EBC pads or maybe contacting baer and getting the most economical big brake kit they can fab for me

then lastly are the power mods i want a 6 speed manual at all costs, LSD probably from a mk4 supra,

as for the engine im still unsure i want to keep the v8 but not sure what im going to do with it to get more horsepower or how much i really want i know this car will never be a corvette but if i can get maybe 90% of it in a more comfertable car that is somewhat more reliable then thats good for me. i want to be able to take this to track days at barber motorsports park do auto x and maybe dabble in some drift events. im thinking about forced induction options, maybe boring the engine out a little i think just with the more agressive cams combined with my exhaust system i can surpass the 290hp 300tq of the VVTI 1uz and hten evrything else is water under the bridge

did i mention im planning on painting my sc the oem porsche macadamia metallic brown color

this is all floating in my head right now i know i want to at least get this performing as good or better then the day it rolled off the factory wich considering besides the few issues like high idle, the car taking off by itself and the transmission not going int neutral or reverse the car has lots of usable power and the suspension is really tight so once i get to the bottom of these issues i'll have lots of fun racking up milesin this car
Old 04-11-12, 10:14 PM
2BENVD
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Toyboxx
Class, ***, sass, fast, all while making it last.
This

Reliability is key, all other bells and whistles are just a a plus.
Old 02-23-13, 03:51 PM
TRDHon
Driver School Candidate

My sc would beat the1995 Toyota Supra Mk IV from The Fast and the Furious.
LOL Just playing maybe one day.

I just want to get it on the road.
Old 02-23-13, 05:29 PM
RogueSC3
Driver School Candidate

I'm going for more of an OEM+ GT cruiser style car.
375-425 HP with a single (NON supra size turbo)
Lowered on some stock wheels from an M5 or something, just nice springs and shocks.
Full interior restoration, maybe get my dash and needles redone with LEDs and Blue needles.
Stock body, HIDs, just really nice and clean. nothing too JDM crazy Drifto
Stock exhaust even, just maybe with remote dumps when I feel like Hooning.

Who knows.
Old 02-24-13, 11:53 AM
bigwes
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My perfect SC..... gangsta style sitting on 24s...jk😄. a clean street luxury look wit a little bit of kick to it. Dropped on ASD esplier springs, wit black 350z anniversary wheels, and a lip kit. A m90 supercharged 1uz wit a full exhaust. Stock interior. That wind be my dream SC. Which is what I'm shooting for, Except I don't kno where Imma get the money for a M90 😭
Old 02-25-13, 12:25 PM
Smokeygsi
Rookie

Mines probably going to end up being to no-ones taste but my own!

Rough ideas rolling round my tiny little mind are:
More JDM - Super Advans are sat in my garage awaiting a refurb and spacers
More Power - A nice single turbo to replace the ageing twin ceramics
An interior overhall, getting rid of the grey and going black with carbon fibre and alcantara
Outside - colour change, the porsche dark olive isnt floating my boat, it just looks black most of the time

Quick Reply: Class or sass.......... what is YOUR SC goal?