window wont roll down...a couple questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-06, 05:50 PM
sc3dreamz
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default window wont roll down...a couple questions

Hey guys/gals,
I have a couple quick questions before I order any parts. The passenger side window one day, just decided to not do anything. It was stuck down, so I thought maybe its because the door is ajar'd, so I re-shut the door and it went up. Cool, no biggie.....well then it wouldnt go down, and that is kind of where I'm at with the whole thing.
My thought is it is the motor, when you press the button to go down or up, you can see the power strain and the lights dim but obviously nothing happens. I've taken the door panel off and removed the motor to look and see if maybe something had just broken but it appears to be fine. I have no problem ordering a new one, I just wanted to check here first and make sure there is nothing else it could be. I saw the thread for the window regulator replacement but, I don't think that is it. All thoughts, comments and advice welcom. Thanks.

On a side note, there should be a sub-thread for how-to and technical threads....just a thought.
Old 01-04-07, 12:10 PM
zegnaguy
Pole Position

Default what was the solution for you window?

Originally Posted by scdreamz
Hey guys/gals,
I have a couple quick questions before I order any parts. The passenger side window one day, just decided to not do anything. It was stuck down, so I thought maybe its because the door is ajar'd, so I re-shut the door and it went up. Cool, no biggie.....well then it wouldnt go down, and that is kind of where I'm at with the whole thing.
My thought is it is the motor, when you press the button to go down or up, you can see the power strain and the lights dim but obviously nothing happens. I've taken the door panel off and removed the motor to look and see if maybe something had just broken but it appears to be fine. I have no problem ordering a new one, I just wanted to check here first and make sure there is nothing else it could be. I saw the thread for the window regulator replacement but, I don't think that is it. All thoughts, comments and advice welcom. Thanks.

On a side note, there should be a sub-thread for how-to and technical threads....just a thought.
From the other threads i've been reading they were daying is a loose wire being pinched in the door jam area.

Did you find out the answer
Old 01-04-07, 06:58 PM
sc1jzgte
Pole Position

on my roomates 240 he had to zip tie the clip together real tight because the connection came loose sumtimes
Old 01-06-07, 08:10 AM
1fastmutha
Driver School Candidate

my driverside window did the same thing,even with the light on and power strain it was the door switch better check it with a volt meter.it put out half as much as the passenger side,. just a thought