SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Locked my keys in trunk!

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-06, 09:17 AM
joshthorsc
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Same thing happened to me on Christmas Eve about 2 years ago. I had to wait until after Christmas before I could go to the Lexus dealership and order another key. That was the worst Christmas ever for me!!

~Josh
Old 06-23-06, 09:25 AM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 356 Likes on 229 Posts

Originally Posted by tttp5
am i miss something?
Yep................
Old 06-23-06, 09:56 AM
scsrock
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry dude.
Old 06-23-06, 12:28 PM
tttp5
Pole Position

Originally Posted by O. L. T.
Yep................
hahah good eye. u catch everything don't u?

but seriously am I missing something such as is there a mechanisim that u can switch inside the cabin to prevent the trunk from being opened from the inside?
Old 06-23-06, 12:33 PM
Drocay
Pole Position

lol, the little key hole next to it locks it if u wish, so the valet doesnt steal your stuff.
Old 06-23-06, 03:41 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Originally Posted by JspecSC3
OMG that is exactly what I wanted to do! They were screwing around with my car trying to figure out a way to open it while I was talking on the phone. I cought them trying to pull out fuses and pry off my back seats.
What the heck kind of friends do you have? It's like giving a monkey a puzzle.

"I'll figure it out..... ooga ooga....yank, push, twist, tear apart............"

LOL

So any progress?
Old 06-23-06, 04:25 PM
CleanCL
Lead Lap

ah, i had a full key made and use the valet key as my third backup, so i have never even used the valet key.

can't anyone just bring a copy of a registration down and get a key made?? registration seems silly, i'm sure they want the official title in hand. also since i keep my registration in my car if i locked my keys in the car, how would i get the registration.
Old 06-23-06, 04:30 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Originally Posted by jtucci
also since i keep my registration in my car if i locked my keys in the car, how would i get the registration.
Main Entry: co·nun·drum
Pronunciation: k&-'n&n-dr&m
Function: noun
Etymology: origin unknown
1 : a riddle whose answer is or involves a pun
2 a : a question or problem having only a conjectural answer b : an intricate and difficult problem

Lol, dealing with Lexus over a key........... Ain't it grand? Our dealers are fine people, but the rules set by Corporate are not always fun.
Old 06-23-06, 06:13 PM
ZSC3
Lead Lap

Default keys locked in trunk!

so today i went to get something outa the trunk and the shocks for the trunk are blown so i guess i put the keys inside my trunk grabbed what i needed and closed it. later on i realized that i left them in my trunk, i dont have any spares what so ever so that solution is out. i got inside the car but my trunk release doesnt work. i called AAA and they told me they would have to drill it out, and as of right that i want that to be my last resort kind of thing, is there any way i can get into my trunk without damaging anything? like some kind of line to pull or something. and also if there is no other solution how much would it cost for me to replace the keyhole if they drill it out. help is very much appreciated thanks
Old 06-23-06, 06:20 PM
ISC400
Pole Position

their's a thread 4 line under this one called "Locked my keys in trunk!" good luck with that trunk.
Old 06-23-06, 06:40 PM
IronCobra
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a few ideas.

1. If you can get into the cabin of your car you can manually disable the truck lock feature by removing that assembly, bypassing the button and touching the leads together..

2. You might be able to remove the subwoofer and reach back there with a close hanger and hook your keys.
Old 06-23-06, 06:41 PM
PsiQo1
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by JspecSC3
I locked my keys in the trunk today by mistake. Then a couple of my friends tried to get it open somehow and ended up accidentally locking the trunk because they thought it was the release. . Anyway, I have alot of important keys in there and I would like to find out how you guys have gotten your trunk to open without using a key. Thanks. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

were these the kids we were hangin out with out there bro?...wow..oh yeah and i lost my phone pm me ur number...i feel bad for you but at least your aunt didnt break inside door handle because the door was locked and she pulled an incredible hulk
Old 06-23-06, 06:55 PM
DETUNED
Lexus Test Driver

Same thing happened to me a couple years ago. I was putting something in my trunk and had my jeys under it, and when I set it down, I accidentally dropped my keys and shut the trunk.

I tried to pop the trunk from the inside, but the valet button was pushed. We tried everything, removed the whole mechanism where the valet button is, removed the rear seat only to find NOTHING behind it, haha. removed the sub, etc etc. I then called a locksmith and he wanted $230. So I waited til the next morning (Sat) and went to Lexus with my registration and had them order me a key for $50, but I had to wait 4 business days for it and since it was a Sat, they had to order it on Monday. So basically, I waited a whole week to get my car back on the road.

The ****ty part of all this is that I got the car registered the same day I locked my keys in the trunk.
Old 06-23-06, 07:28 PM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

Received 324 Likes on 235 Posts

Why is it that everyone who locks their keys in their trunk has a broken trunk release? You would think they would take more car to not do such things knowing that they have no way in if it happens or at least get a spare key!!! Yeesh. I have 2 master keys, a valet key, and a wallet master key for my car. Also, my trunk release still works.

Anyway, you probably have to go to the Lexus dealer and have them cut you a new key. Do it. and then keep it as a spare. Kill 2 birds with 1 stone here. Don't let AAA cut up your car.

Sorry if this sounded harsh, it wasn't meant to be.

Edit: This post was made in another thread that got merged to this one.

Last edited by np20412; 06-23-06 at 08:01 PM.
Old 06-23-06, 07:38 PM
SUPRMSC
Lexus Test Driver

OKay this is what you need to do.

1. Go to Walmart, Autozone, Pepboys, etc. Buy yourself a retractable magnet.
2. Go to your car
3. Pull up your back seat, and remove the back.
4. Pop out center brake light
5. Unbolt
6. Unclip subwoofer and remove all bolts.
7. Get your arm in there and push out inner molding of trunk.
8. Use your extending magnet and fish around for your attractive metal keys.

Goodluck

Quick Reply: Locked my keys in trunk!