SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Locked my keys in trunk!

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-06, 08:02 PM
IronCobra
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the best idea yet.

Sell the car on ebay, leave that part out of the desciption. Let them run their Car Fax and pay with PayPal. Deposit the money.

Now, it's their problem

Buy another SC and let the modding begin (again)
Old 06-23-06, 08:32 PM
Lex*Toy
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Idrewfelix
OKay this is what you need to do.

1. Go to Walmart, Autozone, Pepboys, etc. Buy yourself a retractable magnet.
2. Go to your car
3. Pull up your back seat, and remove the back.
4. Pop out center brake light
5. Unbolt
6. Unclip subwoofer and remove all bolts.
7. Get your arm in there and push out inner molding of trunk.
8. Use your extending magnet and fish around for your attractive metal keys.

Goodluck
I agree that this is your best bet. It is also not a bad idea to have a friend hold a flashlight through the back glass into the subwoofer hole to possibly reflect anything metal.

That also make extendable mirrors to look into tight spaces.

Hope you keep your trunk clean if you try this method and good luck!
Old 06-24-06, 06:27 PM
OakTwnPnoy
Rookie

Why don't you just go to Lexus with your vin number and an I.D., pay $50 to make you another key. This happened to me before, that's what I did. Some Lexus dealerships cut the keys on the spot.
Old 06-24-06, 06:57 PM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by OakTwnPnoy
Why don't you just go to Lexus with your vin number and an I.D., pay $50 to make you another key. This happened to me before, that's what I did. Some Lexus dealerships cut the keys on the spot.
Lexus doesnt go by that anymore. They wont accept just the VIN. You must have an ID card along with your registration or insurance card to prove that you are the owner of the vehicle. At the time, my ID, registration, and insurance card were all locked in the glove box and only the Master key which was locked in the trunk at the time, could have opened it.

Lexus requires all of the above in order to say, "Yes, we can make you one." Next you have to pay $260 for the key. That includes a new remote and reprogramming. Luckily, the friendly service guy refered me to a locksmith that does alot of work with Lexus. I drove to his shop and they didnt even ask me for any type of identification or proof that the car is actually mine. They know about the final cut in the master key that is not on the Valet key. So I gave them my Valet key and moments later it was done. I ended up paying $40 for an aftermarket Master key with no remote. I got my keys out of the trunk and everything ended up working out well.

-The End
Old 06-24-06, 07:03 PM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by NYLexSC
Why is it that everyone who locks their keys in their trunk has a broken trunk release? .
I never said I had a broken trunk release. The trunk lock was accidentally pushed in by my friends. I cant unlock it with the Valet key which made the situation even worse.
Old 06-25-06, 03:16 PM
jrmoskal
Driver

I did the same thing when i was packing my trunk for vacation a while back, the car was locked and my girlfriends key was inside the car on the passenger seat, luckily i had the sunroof tilted up and it was just enough room for me to use a large stick i found laying next to the car, i fished the stick in through the sunroof and was able to press the unlock button on the drivers door, unfortunately if the car is locked and the alarm is set the button is disabled, so i had to reposition the stick to actually unlock the door with the latch by the handle, once i did that the alarm started going off in the middle of campus and everyone is watching me with a large tree branch through the roof. once i opened the drivers door i used the other key to turn the ignition on to disable the alarm and open the trunk to retrieve my other keys. haha, i would love to see someone try to steal that car, it seems impossible.
Old 06-26-06, 06:43 AM
sxylxy
Lead Lap

So what happened?! Did this guy ever get his keys?!
Old 06-26-06, 07:04 AM
BiZ
Intermediate

This may or may not work. I had a Lincoln MKVII some years ago and when I would disconnect and then reconnect the battery it would pop the trunk. I don't know why it did that. But I would have to go back there and shut the trunk after I changed the battery. Give it a shot.
Old 06-26-06, 11:52 AM
sxylxy
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by BiZ
This may or may not work. I had a Lincoln MKVII some years ago and when I would disconnect and then reconnect the battery it would pop the trunk. I don't know why it did that. But I would have to go back there and shut the trunk after I changed the battery. Give it a shot.
No that doesn't work
Old 08-04-06, 10:01 PM
jmlex
Rookie

Angry

I just did this tonight, yea i used the search button
Old 08-04-06, 11:21 PM
Shrummi
Lead Lap

i've done it before with a busted trunk release as well. I called a locksmith and they wanted to charge me 300. I had no other choice since i despereately needed my car and it was late at night. We tryed the subwoofer and reached that didnt work, My windows were down so he couldnt get to the information inside the door to make me a new key and then we ended up taking apart the column underneath the steering and cut the wires to the trunk release aniput the oppisite ends together and it popped the trunk. but i wouldnt recommend doing it unless you know what wires to cut. Or that could be bad news.
Old 08-05-06, 08:40 AM
jibbby
Banned - could not follow forum rules

How does one lock their keys in the trunk? No offense but you guys need to cut down on the THC intake....Weed has an effect with short term memory loss.....With that being said I think I will take a bong load.....
Old 08-05-06, 08:43 AM
Sc dRifta
*****Do not buy from this member until further notice *****

hahahahaha omfg thought i was the only one who had to go through this ok so you locked ur keys in ur car can you still get in ur car? if so on driver side running board thats at teh bottom wher your door meets ur car. remove the platic trim and pull up the carpet youll see a harness of wires that runs through it find the fattest wire that is black now splice it and add a - (ground) to it and itll open ur trunk its similar to wiring up a trunk pop alarm. another way of getting ur keys out with out too much damage is remove rear seats remove speaker deck and middle speaker get a bunch of extensions remove the 2 12 mm bolts on the hinge imma include a link to help u find the black wire if u decide to go that route let me know if u need help i live in orange county. i use to work at a dismantler yard so i get this all the time. and those are the 2 methods i use on sc's with out tearing the car apart. heres teh link look at the trunk release.

wiring diagram
Old 08-05-06, 08:45 AM
Sc dRifta
*****Do not buy from this member until further notice *****

Originally Posted by jibbby
How does one lock their keys in the trunk? No offense but you guys need to cut down on the THC intake....Weed has an effect with short term memory loss.....With that being said I think I will take a bong load.....
ahahaha im a medical miracle that proves prolong use of THC doesnt cause memory loss or any other handicap. ahahahah saying that has anyone seen my cell phone lol.
Old 08-05-06, 10:55 AM
jmlex
Rookie

Sc drifta this is a dumb question when you said - ground that means any piece of metal right? Also I have 98 sc, and i looked up the wiring diagram and looks like I have to cut the blue one and it is in the trunk release switch that is in the trunk though right?

http://www.directwholesale.net/diagr...8892&MakeID=27

So now I'm gonna try taking out the rear subwoofer.

Quick Reply: Locked my keys in trunk!