SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Work S1C Termists on the SC

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-06, 05:40 PM
MikeFD3S
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lower your car and get some wider tires! You mentioned that you dont want 19's because you want to protect your wheels, but you are running a fairly stretched tire.

btw, the:

is running SSR Professor SP1's (see decal on car) hehe they look similar to the Termist's, but Professors much much better IMO. You are correct though, that style of wheel is more of a Sport wheel, and not a "VIP" style wheel
Old 06-28-06, 06:42 PM
TRD_Power
Lead Lap

Received 78 Likes on 66 Posts

I was going to order the SP1 Professors but whenever I called SSR it seemed as if they didn't know their head from their a$$... They never knew what was going on and didn't even know what colors the wheels came in, it's no wonder they went bankrupt. They're the cheap man's Work wheel I like both though. I just ordered some 265s for the rear and some 225s for the front so it will look much better! I will put some pics up when I do so.
Old 06-29-06, 12:22 AM
VinnyQH
Lead Lap

how much did you pick them up for? offsets?
Old 06-29-06, 08:04 AM
TRD_Power
Lead Lap

I actually remembered that when we bought our Impala SS it seemed as if the suspension were busted on it because it was a lot higher on one side but we found out it was the weird way that the driveway made the car sit... So this morning I moved the Tundra and took a shot of how the car actually rides and I was right! a little more than 1" lower no excuses though, I am going to lower it soon but just thought I'd share! kinda get rid of the 4X4 look
Attached Thumbnails Work S1C Termists on the SC-scside.jpg  
Old 06-29-06, 08:37 AM
MikeFD3S
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by TRD_Power
I was going to order the SP1 Professors but whenever I called SSR it seemed as if they didn't know their head from their a$$... They never knew what was going on and didn't even know what colors the wheels came in, it's no wonder they went bankrupt. They're the cheap man's Work wheel I like both though. I just ordered some 265s for the rear and some 225s for the front so it will look much better! I will put some pics up when I do so.

Do you mean Tire Rack?
Old 06-29-06, 09:31 AM
SickSC3
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by roo
what are the specs on the wheels and tires? and no excuses! hehe They should be labels on the wheels and the sizes are written right on the tires

I love that design on the SC but they're sport wheels, not VIP. The tires are short but not that stretched. My guess it it will be a decent fitment when you lower the car. Not aggressive but not super battleship either.

[edit] Team Target Demo Car with the same wheels
those are actually SSR SP1
nice wheels tho
Old 06-29-06, 09:40 AM
roo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol, you guys are right. Brain fart. They're the same style wheel, just different manufacturers.

Called SSR? ehhhh unless you called Japan, or Tanabe USA, I doubt you were talking with SSR. The SSR line is new to Tanabe so they might be a lil clueless about specs but still....that has nothing to do with the original company going bankrupt. It had more to do with increased manufacturing costs and SSR's refusal to raise prices than anything.

SSR is alot cheaper than Work but they're damn good wheels.
Old 06-29-06, 09:58 AM
MikeFD3S
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by roo
lol, you guys are right. Brain fart. They're the same style wheel, just different manufacturers.

Called SSR? ehhhh unless you called Japan, or Tanabe USA, I doubt you were talking with SSR. The SSR line is new to Tanabe so they might be a lil clueless about specs but still....that has nothing to do with the original company going bankrupt. It had more to do with increased manufacturing costs and SSR's refusal to raise prices than anything.

SSR is alot cheaper than Work but they're damn good wheels.
Yeah... It was probably Tire Rack, since they are handling the distribution in the US and Tanabe USA unfortunately has no say in how SSR is handled ...AFAIK, I continuously hear about a lot of disgruntled customers regarding the lack of information Tire Rack has regarding that line. Hopefully it changes, and soon. *crossing fingers* SSR's are one of the best, and no one can touch their SSF wheels.

I'd like to put SP1's on my car, but I might use it's sister, the Garson Ryugi (Deep Racing/SSR) which is slightly more luxury oriented and has some cool option pieces.
Old 06-29-06, 11:28 AM
TRD_Power
Lead Lap

It was Tire Rack, my bad everyone!
Old 06-29-06, 11:33 AM
roo
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by MikeFD3S
Yeah... It was probably Tire Rack, since they are handling the distribution in the US and Tanabe USA unfortunately has no say in how SSR is handled ...AFAIK, I continuously hear about a lot of disgruntled customers regarding the lack of information Tire Rack has regarding that line. Hopefully it changes, and soon. *crossing fingers* SSR's are one of the best, and no one can touch their SSF wheels.

I'd like to put SP1's on my car, but I might use it's sister, the Garson Ryugi (Deep Racing/SSR) which is slightly more luxury oriented and has some cool option pieces.
Garson's are insanely expensive!!! hehe

As far as SSR goes, I can answer just about any question about them I can get them from Japan....just like several other dealers I know. TireRack.....they'll always be clueless generic wheel fitting sales people, you guys need to do more searching for dealers than handle stuff like this
Old 06-29-06, 11:39 AM
hass
Lexus Champion

Nice
i wanted to buy the same setup used but they were not staggered. What are the wheel and tire size? Just curious, thanks
-hass
Old 07-02-06, 09:36 PM
CyberSC4
Lexus Test Driver

they fit pretty flush with the fenders.
I peek an exhaust. What kind?
Old 07-02-06, 09:43 PM
TRD_Power
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by CyberSC4
I peek an exhaust. What kind?
It's Rod Millen Motorsport
Old 01-13-08, 08:47 PM
jgdynamics
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeFD3S
Lower your car and get some wider tires! You mentioned that you dont want 19's because you want to protect your wheels, but you are running a fairly stretched tire.

btw, the:

is running SSR Professor SP1's (see decal on car) hehe they look similar to the Termist's, but Professors much much better IMO. You are correct though, that style of wheel is more of a Sport wheel, and not a "VIP" style wheel

sorry to revive this thread but i didnt wanna create a new thread... but does anyone know the size and offsets of these wheels?
Old 01-13-08, 09:11 PM
King7Two
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by jgdynamics
sorry to revive this thread but i didnt wanna create a new thread... but does anyone know the size and offsets of these wheels?

20's and rediculous. its pulled

Quick Reply: Work S1C Termists on the SC