SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

tickets and more tickets

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-06, 10:20 AM
MikeFD3S
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Never got harassed. Only time I got a ticket was because my registration was 1 year expired
Old 07-10-06, 01:40 PM
sc250tt
Lexus Champion

never had a problem,then again my car is pearl white with 19's.with my civic it was a everyday thing.
Old 07-10-06, 01:41 PM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

maybe your driving tendencies have changed since you got into an SC, even thought about that? Are you driving like Ricky Racer now? If so slow down...
Old 07-10-06, 06:43 PM
jrmoskal
Driver

Nothing yet, *knocking on wood* I have a D.a.r.e tag on my car here in PA, it seems to keep the cops away since you're donating money to them every year when you renew the registation. plus it's black so it matches the car well, I don't usually drive stupid either. I live in a small town and the cops here have nothing at all better to do than pull people over, there are never any actual police calls.
Old 07-10-06, 08:24 PM
jibbby
Banned - could not follow forum rules

WELL, I have an answer for that.... First off, when I first lowered my SC400, tinted the windows and had straight thru mufflers I was a cop magnet...I always see cops behind me when driving that car.. Got a speeding ticket in the first week of mods... This was over a year ago...I was about to sell the car then I got smart and stuck two American flag stickers on my rear bumper which actually covers up the three holes where the SC400 emblem was removed ...Since then my driving habits have not changed and a year later I have no more speeding tickets to report...Cops are always behind me but instead of pulling me over they turn off..ALL THE TIME..I have been pulled over twice with the stickers on - the first pull over the motorcycle cop let me off with a warning for speeding and said he thought I was a nice guy, the second I laid down rubber for half a block with a CHP car right behing me like an idiot... I should have gotten a exhibition of speed ticket for sure but he gave me a Exhaust noise ticket and agian said he thought I was a nice guy and he was giving me a break.... Believe me I am polite but not that nice of a guy to warrant ticket let offs like that..., That never happened to me in all my years of tickets growing up..Never got off once....I don't think this is happening by chance either....

I can only imagine the royal treatment I might get if I slapped a D.A.R.E. sticker on too....Besides what's wrong with showing a little patriotism and a good show of support for our troops fighting over seas?...It may take away from a certain stock and sleek racing look to my SC400, but I must say my license is still very very valid and looking good for years to come hopefully......

I don't have a good picture of the rear of my car but maybe the flags can be seen in this photo...
Attached Thumbnails tickets and more tickets-hpim0312.jpg  

Last edited by jibbby; 07-11-06 at 04:22 PM.
Old 07-10-06, 09:19 PM
BLK13X
Mortgage Slave

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

I haven't had a ticket of any sort in the past two years... *knocks the table*

I'm usually a little over the speed limit (no more than 10km/h in surburb/metro traffic and about no more than 15~20km/h over on freeways). The only time I won't speed up is going through a school zone (very big here in Australia... once it hits 8.00~9.30am and 2.30~4.00pm everyday the roads drop to 40km/h). I have driven about 5km/h over the limit with a copper behind me but they usually don't pull you over unless you're doing more than 10km/h over the posted.

And you guys that are allowed radar detectors, consider yourself lucky.

Jose
Old 07-11-06, 12:57 PM
Sweetser
Driver

I just got harassed by a cop today. He pulled me over in the middle of traffic just to check if everything is current. He asks for my Registration, Insurance, Drivers License and asks if I have any warrants for my arrest, ever been arrested, etc. After he finds out that I'm not doing anything illegal he lets me go.
Old 07-11-06, 02:01 PM
lfrers
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default .

Profiling happens. Maybe you looked like you shouldent be in a Lex.