Replaced Leather Seats

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-01, 01:33 PM
Whitmanpc1
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Intro offer

Keith (and all),

Put me down for "ready to go" for such an introductory offer. I too want to replace front and back seats, armrest. If they could more closley match the light tan OEM color that would be ideal.

We'll post our pics online, and up the sales go!

This is a real win-win and what better recommendation than one from an actual SC owner who is active in the ClubLexus forum!

Getting excited about new interior.
Old 10-09-01, 04:41 PM
The Ikon
Lexus Champion

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Okay, here we go... I'm getting the driver's seat re-do in a "leatherette" urrrr premium vinyl on Wed. of next week.

I'm getting it for $150! I'll be the test mule for you guys... The regular price is $175 each seat, but since I told the shop owner that there is about 10 guys interested he gave me a discount to see if I like the job.

He has a great rep. in the custom car market so a standard seat should be a peice of cake. He had a "black" SC there doing the whole interior in an ebony vinyl. I told the owner about CL, he was not interested... (older guy about late 50's I guess, oh well his loss...)

He is going to make the pattern of the seats and use it for any other orders if we at CL want to order. He said he will sell the seats in pairs only for around $300 bucks give or take a dollar, if we can get 5 or more orders... In any color we want... I will check on shipping to see if it's included...

I'll check on the ease of the install, too...

I'll keep you posted.. I also found a place for the steering wheels and shifter. I will post a new thread with the info later and try to post a pic...

The Ikon

ImpToys, give us the 411 on the leather kits too... We are interested...
Old 10-09-01, 04:59 PM
importtoys
Pole Position

IKON Email me: importtoys@yahoo.com
Old 10-09-01, 05:08 PM
YuuDawg
Driver

are those front seats only?
Old 10-09-01, 06:16 PM
The Ikon
Lexus Champion

$300 front... complete set fr. and rr. is about $600...
Old 10-10-01, 08:40 AM
The Ikon
Lexus Champion

Anyone others interested?

I do prefer real leather as offered by leatherseats.com or importtoys.com, but my driver's seat is really in bad shape!!!<the pass, seat as well as the other seats are perfect...> Therefore when the chance to get it done for a few $$$ even if only temporary I jumped at the chance.

Who knows it may turn out "perfect" considering it is vinyl.. I WOULD get leather if the pricing is right... We have to be serious about getting it done. The more of us want it the better the $$ we will get from wherever we purchase it...

Well the search continues...
Old 10-10-01, 08:57 AM
Taka
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I might wanna get it if it's good price.
my driver seat is out of shape and lil bit ripped. and I guess previous owner put some stuff so you cant tell it's ripped but it's really hard material. anyways, my pass, and rear seats are perfect condition. I like to see the pic first though. thanks
Old 10-10-01, 09:14 AM
The Ikon
Lexus Champion

I'll try to post some once I get my car back...
Old 10-10-01, 12:41 PM
Whitmanpc1
Driver

Default leatherseats.com

Hey all!

I am seriously considering the kit/solution from leatherseats.com.

For the sake of the board (and me) I hope I go through with it. I'll post all sorts of pictures.

Also, maybe some people with good color vision could help me with a color selection. I want to pick something that is going to blend in well with the old color, since other parts are matched to the OEM color. Mine is from 93 and is the ligher tan/beige color.

Check out their colors if you can and please post here your opinions:

http://www.leatherseats.com/pages/colors.htm

Keep in mind that the old color will still remain in the back side armrest panels, front door armrests and panels, and front pieces of the dash. My goal is for it go unnoticed, like a good MLB umpire, and just look like it blends in.

Thoughts? Thanks all!
Old 10-10-01, 12:47 PM
The Ikon
Lexus Champion

Sand stone, bisque and cream are the closest to the color to me... I will bring in my head rest to match the color to the screen to get the exact match...

I'll post in a lil' while...
Old 10-10-01, 03:04 PM
Whitmanpc1
Driver

Default color suggestions

Thank Ikon I appreciate you doing that. I know it is a bit of personal preference, but let me/us know which of those colors looks like it would blend in with the color scheme.

My fear is picking something that is a shocking contrast and therefore looks bad...easy for a colorblind person like me to do!
Old 10-10-01, 05:45 PM
The Ikon
Lexus Champion

It's a toss up between the cream and bisque. Honestly on the monitor I placed the headrest near the screen and it was still hard. Plus my leather may be lighter or darker than yours depending on the dying process day to day, hide qualitym age of hide, temp at drying/dying etc...

You can always send them a sample peice from under the seat of a square inch of clean leather.... Also call your dealer and get the interior color code for your car and send the info to L-S.com

Also they should "KNOW" what color is in each make and model year of the car leather kit they are SELLING. That's their expertise, I would hope to go out on a limb and say they should know....

Plus get the guarantee in writing about the color matching or at least be an oem match. I'm sure the color may vary slightly, but not to the extreme.

Maybe some of the other guys may post their opinion of which is the closest match....
Old 10-11-01, 03:59 PM
matt7184
Pole Position

How much should stock used whole front seats go for?
Old 10-11-01, 07:41 PM
The Ikon
Lexus Champion

I've been quoted from $450 ea. to $700 ea.

*It depends on the conditioning of the seat.

*where you are getting it from salvage yard or individual

*year of the seat...

*plus most salvage yards don't want to sell the seats seperately only in a pair or entire set...

*your best bet is a individual seller, just trying to make some cash...
Old 10-11-01, 10:21 PM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i once came across a whole set (front and rear) for only 400 bucks, but i passed on the deal. there's a guy in my area who wants 900 for the whole set! what a waste. i'd rather just get my seats re-done for about 600 bucks.

Quick Reply: Replaced Leather Seats