SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Replaced Leather Seats

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-01, 05:51 AM
CmputerWiz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Something else I found out this weekend... Supra seats will bolt right into the SC. So if you like the style of those better, just get some Supra TT seats and throw 'em in. (thanks Toyomoto for that knowledge)

I like the SC seats, but the Supra seats look nice too. Also this means that you can put ANY aftermarket seat in the car, just use the bracket for the Supra! Hmmm...Momo seats would be nice...

SR
Old 10-12-01, 07:06 AM
The Ikon
Lexus Champion

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

i once came across a whole set (front and rear) for only 400 bucks, but i passed on the deal.
Do-Luck are you crazy to pass on a great deal like that?:eek: You could have bought them and sold the set for at least $700 - 900 bucks on Ebay!
Supra seats will bolt right into the SC. So if you like the style of those better, just get some Supra TT seats and throw 'em in.
Will the memory seat control work with the Supra seats?

I also like our seats better for the true luxury look/feel...
Old 10-12-01, 07:28 AM
CmputerWiz
Lexus Test Driver

Ya I also like the SC seats for the luxury feel. Don't know about the memory seat thing, I'll ask Toyomoto when I go by there today.

SR
Old 10-12-01, 10:36 AM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

lkon, i know! stupid me the guy was parting out his car at a autobody in cali...but damn, i didn't need seats, and i didn't know there was a market for it on ebay. grrr!!!!! i was actually thinking about them to use as my custom seats, so i can keep my stock ones, but now i'm thinking to tell them to take the leather off and i'll keep the piece, just in case. ya know? i saw a guy with interior in his SC, the same guy in "fast and furious" and it looked sweet! i just want the seats though. i'm thinking two-tone...
Old 10-12-01, 12:59 PM
The Ikon
Lexus Champion

what color is your car? I like solid colors basically, but two-tone on certain colors really work! Especially if the piping is tight!
Old 10-12-01, 06:08 PM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

i have a charcoal color car. thinking maybe grey and black. what do you think??? nice?
Old 10-12-01, 07:09 PM
The Ikon
Lexus Champion

Thumbs up

That's cool on a charcoal or black car... Black with the inner parts gray or is it going to gray with the black inserts?
Old 10-12-01, 07:16 PM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

Arrow

im heading towards grey with black inserts. you think it will be weird if i just did my front seats? my back seats are still really really good.
Old 10-12-01, 08:05 PM
Whitmanpc1
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool just fronts...

Doing only the front seats is an option, and the car will look great with the new leather. I know some people put in custom seats and they don't match the backs and they don't seem to mind.

As a matter of personal taste, I would prefer matching it all. I keep my SC400 pretty much stock, no body kit, no big tires and slick sporty rims, and my goal is to maintain the original luxury feel it came with.

Others who have posted their SC's modded, I love those too!!! It's a nice car to put some slick rims on, 17"+ tires...remember those Japanese convertible SC's with about 1" clearance from the road? Sharp cars, but not for me!

Old 10-12-01, 11:18 PM
The Ikon
Lexus Champion

Talking I bet you have a wild side too...

I like to keep my car subtle too... I do however would love to give it some personality. I'm searching for some more 18" rims. The other ones got away from me! Well he tried to up the price at the last minute so I told him to bump that! (I know you are smiling Manaray no eagles on the Lex!)

Whitmanpc, did you get the color right? Did you call the dealer or did L-S get the right match?

Do-luck it's your car, but if you are going to go custom you have to go all the way.. Unless you are doing the front now and the back a lil' later...
Old 10-12-01, 11:45 PM
Hermosa
Lexus Champion

Ikon I am still cracking up when I read the earlier post about

Do they used a "special Lexus COW" to get the leather
I have a a black SC with grey interior and am thinking grey with perforated light grey in the middle.

Old 10-12-01, 11:56 PM
'S'Low Rider
Driver

Post Leather & Custom Fronts

Orders will be in next week with Leatherseats in the US for a couple of Soarers in the UK, with the addition of the red & silver Soarer Lion logo on the front seats

A new front nose for the Soarer is under private development here in the UK, should fit the SC300/400 without problems. It will include two new air intake horns to fill those engines with loads of cold air (style and substance!) and a mesh grille similar to the Jaguar XK8. Completed by early next year, I'll post development photos shortly, comments so far have been outstanding. Costs are expensive (isn't everything from our little country )

Dont forget the Japanese soft top and normal Soarers have air suspension, we can lower them to the ground when they are parked and lift them for driving. We even have 'toys' that will change the car height automatically depending on the speed we are travelling, the faster we go, the lower the car, the better the handling
Old 10-13-01, 02:38 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

'S'LowRider - Ok, so you guys get TEMS....why don't you just rub it in some more! I like your Avatar!

The only bad thing about perforations is that it collects junk...please post picts of that new body kit!
Old 10-13-01, 07:06 AM
Whitmanpc1
Driver

Exclamation questions for those with perforated leather

I guessed that perforated leather might "collect junk" and perhaps even wear out earlier.

Anyone out there have perforated leather? When you condition the leather, does the conditioner clog up the perforations and get all gunked up? Is it as simple as getting a vaccum in there to suck it all up?

I like the perforated look and probably will have them do that for the seat bottom/back (like the OEM later model SC's).
Attached Images  
Old 10-13-01, 07:09 AM
Whitmanpc1
Driver

Thumbs up Bisque color

I will probably use this color (see last post). I think it will go well with the lighter OEM leather color that will remain in the dash, back sides, doors...

I don't think anyone could match EXACTLY so that's not really a concern. I just want it to look nice. I think the bisque is slightly darker than the OEM creme color and (in my mind) that color pattern would look great.

Quick Reply: Replaced Leather Seats