SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)
View Poll Results: How long do you think SC beauty will last (before we admit to give up our cars)?
2 years
4.02%
5 years
14.07%
10 years
10.05%
20 years
5.53%
A long time!
66.33%
Voters: 199. You may not vote on this poll

How long does that beauty last?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-06, 01:00 AM
604_Coast
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CyberSC4
Style-wise the 97+ body holds up well next to todays sports coupes. With a little lowering (today Japanese manufactureres are finally closing some of that fender gap), some nice larger wheels and HID's; the car looks thoroughly modern. The long hood and sleek profile are classic and never get old.
I agree. A few slight aftermarket pieces and these things look like theyre right off the showroom floor
Old 07-14-06, 01:25 AM
Black_SC
Lexus Champion

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

beauty is within the eye of the beholder

i will always think my SC is beautiful, its why i bought in the first place and plan to spend a lot of money making it look and feel better
Old 07-14-06, 08:39 AM
chingpo05
Lead Lap

^^^ Agreed
Old 07-14-06, 11:15 AM
bruce van
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The original SC coupe by Lexus is an iconic design. It is one of only a few cars that were designed
completely 3D models. This shows in the elegant lines of the car which can be appreciated from
any angle. I remember hearing that they never did any sketches fro the SC.

With the direction of current automobile design, the low slung hood and well proportioned greenhouse of the SC will never be produced again. Parked next to a G35, the SC is a little
lower and the belt line is at a level where you don't feel the driver is swimming in the car like
you do in the G35.

This is my main complaint with most new cars. Even the SC430, the supposed successor to
the original coupe, has such a high belt line it looks like the driver is in a bathtub.

I think in another 15 years the original SC will be a classic.
Old 07-14-06, 03:52 PM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

one of the best modernized interior on here
Old 07-14-06, 07:01 PM
Sweetser
Driver

^WOW, that can definatley pass as an 06 interior. I'd like to upgrade my interior like that soon..
Old 07-16-06, 06:38 PM
Afrokid
Driver

only if i could find one of those damn airbags . nice shifter and ebrake.
Old 07-17-06, 11:35 AM
CleanSC
Pole Position

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by xknowonex

one of the best modernized interior on here
LOL thanks for the props but *cough* that's my "old" modern interior.

I made a small revision. Now it's truly up to date. CD/MP3/DVD/Touchscreen

Old 07-18-06, 06:20 AM
scsrock
Pole Position

Wow, that interior looks awsome! ... especially the color match. Very modern.
Old 07-18-06, 11:57 AM
High PSI
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just put a double-din Pioneer AVIC N1 in my car. Details on how you did the .5din filler piece please. Now.....please?
Old 07-18-06, 12:21 PM
CleanSC
Pole Position

Actually it's not a .5 DIN filler. If you look closely it's a complete custom one-piece bezel from top to bottom.

The bezel is really the stock radio face with the Alpine custom recess-mounted into it.

I will soon post a complete DIY with pics and such outlining the entire system build. Stay tuned for that.
Old 07-18-06, 12:27 PM
High PSI
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CleanSC
Actually it's not a .5 DIN filler. If you look closely it's a complete custom one-piece bezel from top to bottom.

The bezel is really the stock radio face with the Alpine custom recess-mounted into it.

I will soon post a complete DIY with pics and such outlining the entire system build. Stay tuned for that.
Yeah I noticed that, VERY nice. I don't know if I'll be able to blend mine into the bezel like you did as with the N1 the bezel doesn't fit (the head unit itself fits flush to the A/C controls and the trim piece on the side). I still can't wait to see how you made the bottom piece, though. I was just about to go to work this weekend with some bondo and who knows what else. I think I'll wait now...

By the way, have you gotten a new ash-tray? My original ash-tray and shifter-surround had a gloss black finish. My shifter-surround was beat up, so I bought a new one from the dealer...but it's matte black.

It looks odd and ruins the "flow" when placed next to the ashtray. I was wondering if I bought a new ash tray if it would come in the matte black finish like yours.

Hurry up and do another reveal so I can get some ideas on where I should stash my boost gauge too.

Last edited by High PSI; 07-18-06 at 12:33 PM.
Old 07-18-06, 12:40 PM
CleanSC
Pole Position

Yep, bondo and sandpaper. Have at it.

Yes, I bought a new ashtray. They come with a nice matte finish. With age they get glossy from being touched and ArmourAll'ed. They are hellishly expensive tho. You can try just sanding and painting it with the same flat black you use to paint your bezel.
Old 07-18-06, 01:16 PM
Cannonbear
Lexus Test Driver

i wondered how having at tri-color interior would look but that looks damn nice

i may have to give this a try.
Old 07-19-06, 12:06 AM
lfrers
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default .

Anyone can have a new car and put wheels on it to try and make it look diffrent than everyone elses.

But people who know what they like, who know cars and don't mind doing some work on them find something they really like and see the potential. There are a lot of cars out there like that. Semi-Old cars. Like the Starion, Corolla, 240, and of course the SC 300/400.

You can keep your viper and the payment that goes with it. You give me a viper and I'll sell it then buy a NA-T and put a down payment on a house.

The irony of car manufacturers going "retro" and trying to recapture the earlier body styles look that really were cool is not lost on me.

Ever see the old guy driving the 50s Chevy that he probably bought as a teenager? That will be me. In my Sc3. 80 years old still with the SC. But it will be converted to run on Hydrogen of course.

Last edited by lfrers; 07-19-06 at 12:14 AM.

Quick Reply: How long does that beauty last?