SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

New Works

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-06, 07:38 AM
2JZGTE-SC
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im just asking a question, trying to figure it out why you'd want 19's.
i couldn't care less what size rims you personally want to run.

all im saying is i don't get it....seriously why 19's? would the 20's or 22's not fit?
and you're saying it looks high because he hasn't modified the suspension yet...ok maybe..but i doubt it. just looks plain ghetto to me and im sure many others here feel the same way
Old 07-21-06, 08:15 AM
TRD_Power
Lead Lap

Received 78 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by 2JZGTE-SC

all im saying is i don't get it....seriously why 19's? would the 20's or 22's not fit?
and you're saying it looks high because he hasn't modified the suspension yet...ok maybe..but i doubt it. just looks plain ghetto to me and im sure many others here feel the same way
Dude my car looks tall on the 18s I put on it, suspension IS a life saver with these cars... It will look a lot better than it already does now once it is lower. But for now, this isn't an SRT-4 or Civic forum, respect the other users please. Nice car dude!
Old 07-21-06, 08:49 AM
Batmobile
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

alright alright... let me play mediator.

hey, i think you're just wording things a bit poorly, which leads to offending others. Alot of people have that setup here, including myself. It doesn't look like we're going off roading. It's a good size to choose. anything bigger than 19's it fits... but to a certain extent there are more rubbing issues and ect. As for commenting on how it looks plain ghetto (referring to the gap between the wheel and fender)..... he's not finished..... it's not a finished product and he said he will get things looking nice and flush. These things will come off offensive and put the person down. Above everything the poster is just an innocent bystander he didn't say anything....there's no need to bash him. But yes, mostly ALL of the aftermarket sizes were not INTENDED for cars at all, other than 15 or 16's nothing else was recommended from manufacturer. but yet, we all still change our rims to 17,18,19,20's.

if you sit there and are able to say "You know what, i know what he's talking about" it would make it alot easier to establish a solution here.

i think cherplex and also myself was a bit offended because you said it looks like your going off roading. Referring to the size of the rim not the gap between the rim and the fender.

then followed up right after that why the hell would you choose 19's anyway? as if it were a stupid decision rather than it REALLY being a question.

Originally Posted by cherplex
Wow...........it's his choice to run 19's I have em along with a lot of other people..........It looks high because he hasn't done suspension yet........so what size wheel would you say was intended for the car?
Plex, if you read just above, when he said it looks like he's going off roading he was only referring to the gap not the rim size. and following was just a question. there weren't any indirect sarcasm entailed. Also, when he said the car was not intended to have on 19's, it was more or less saying our cars were meant to have on 15 or 16's. Factory sizes. there seems to be just a misunderstanding between you and him.

Let's keep this place friendly....
Old 07-21-06, 10:58 AM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im sure many others here feel the same way
lol, obviously you don't know anything about this forum. Look around and see.
Old 07-21-06, 11:12 AM
bruce van
Lexus Champion

Yes, what Batmobile said.

Now, back to the thread. I love those Works. Definitely a good look set of rims. I think the choice
of tires is what is throwing me off. Maybe it's the photography, but they look fairly tall.

19's look great on the SC, just needs a little suspension work and it's golden. One thing I like
about this forum is MOST people are mature and if they offer some critizism, they are respectful.
Most people come here to learn and share what they've done with their cars with others.

If you don't like what someone has done to their car, you can at least try to be polite about it.
Old 07-21-06, 07:58 PM
Sc400on20s
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

lol, obviously you don't know anything about this forum. Look around and see.
Werd!!
Old 07-21-06, 08:04 PM
twizted
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Man my 20's dont look near that huge lol
Old 07-21-06, 09:12 PM
indypwr
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

let's stretch those tires and it will look real sick !!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-22-06, 12:46 AM
Deceptik1
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

[QUOTE=2JZGTE-SC]Im just asking a question, trying to figure it out why you'd want 19's.

Sounds contradicting. You're trying to figure out why he's running 19's but you don't care when other people with 19s respond to your post. By the way I run 19s I hope you and the "others" that agree with you don't bash me too much.
Old 07-22-06, 01:21 AM
phrozen
Lead Lap

tires are a bit too big imo, and car needs to be lower... looks like what we call a scraper here in the bay area, got my "S-C-4 DOUBLE O" yadadada blah blah, god i hate the gehtto here
Old 07-22-06, 08:38 PM
mrhappi
Lead Lap

To answer your questions, I bought the wheels/tires from a friend who had those tires on. He hardly used those wheels so the tires are fairly new. So for the time being that is what i have to work with, but when the time comes I will be using a stretched tires in the rear possibly 255 or 265. As to lowering the car, ofcourse I will. I recently received my tein coilovers (super sport - any comments or inputs on these coilovers welcome, not to sure how they are) today andnow I'm waiting for my bushings. So I will be pulling the quarter panels to make room for the wheels hopefully within the next following week.

I got the idea from a member of club lexus, I would post a link or a name but i can't find it anymore. I the person with a white sc happens to read this, you made a great thread. i hope you don't mind i follow suite.
Old 07-22-06, 08:45 PM
mrhappi
Lead Lap

By the way thanks for the good comments, hopefully I can keep posting updates on the vehicle.
Old 07-22-06, 09:20 PM
BLK13X
Mortgage Slave

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

VS-XX! Very nice wheel. What's the offsets on them? Looks like if it's dropped enough they won't rub when they're on stretched tyres.
Old 07-23-06, 03:27 PM
skpark70
Lexus Champion

Looking good man... keep up the good work.
Old 07-23-06, 05:25 PM
Technics
Lexus Champion

that should tell you 19" rims were never intended for the car.

also makes the car look like you're going to go off-roading or something...why the hell would you want 19" rims anyway?

Yeah, those 15"s and 16"s really fill out the wheel well.....

On a stock bodied car, 19"s are perfect, kitted cars can sport 20's wheel with the proper suspension adjustments. Even 17"s are an improvement over the stockers.

Quick Reply: New Works