SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Anyone Know Where Fuse For Park Light Is?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-06, 01:29 AM
Lexusalex
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone Know Where Fuse For Park Light Is?

Trying to figure out with front park lights not working .
Anyone have a clue where the fuses for this thing are?, I checked under hood and under sterring wheel, not there.
Help
Old 07-21-06, 06:15 AM
Tammy
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

As most models are different, may I suggest you research your owners manual for the fuse locations.
Old 07-21-06, 09:48 AM
95 Integra
Lead Lap

Front drivers side kick panel (basically you'll have to pull up the carpet on the left side of the brake/clutch pedal and its over there in the bottom corner. Really a ****ty place to put a fuse box, but what else would you expect from toyota. Also, oddly enough, when I blew my parking lights, it was the injector fuse under the hood.....wtf is that?
Old 07-21-06, 01:01 PM
Lexusalex
Driver

i checked under the panel on the left side. lights for the front park light do not exist there.

My rear light work just fine but front (the light that are on the side of the headlamps) do not light up, I checked the voltage and I get non there.

Fuse is no where to be found for these things. What the heck?

Last edited by Lexusalex; 07-21-06 at 02:29 PM.
Old 07-21-06, 02:29 PM
Lexusalex
Driver

bump any info?
Old 07-21-06, 03:19 PM
Lexusalex
Driver

bump.......................
Old 07-21-06, 03:43 PM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

Received 359 Likes on 248 Posts

Maybe obvious question............but did you check your bulbs?
Old 07-21-06, 04:04 PM
95 Integra
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by NYLexSC
Maybe obvious question............but did you check your bulbs?

He says he isnt getting power, so Im assuming he's checked for voltage w/ a volt meter.

Lexus likes running multiple items on one fuse and then doesnt name it correctly. Do a continuity test on the inside and outside fuses to see if they are blown or not (thats the "easy" way in my opinion). BTW, it appears Relay box #2 is a winner for those headlight fuses (its on the drivers side engine bay and you'll have to take 2 screws out to get the lid off (I think you already checked there, but pointing out the obvious for good measure).

Old 07-21-06, 06:43 PM
Lexusalex
Driver

Yes i have checked there no parking light fuse only headligh fuses and those are working fine
Old 07-21-06, 08:39 PM
95 Integra
Lead Lap

Like I said earlier, my parking lights stopped working and it was some random off the wall fuse, so try the continuity test on all your fuses and either you'll find a blown one or you'll narrow it down to something else like bad wiring.
Old 07-24-06, 01:12 AM
Lexusalex
Driver

checked all the fuses under dash and under hood , no luck
Old 07-24-06, 05:22 AM
Tammy
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

My owners manual indicates the fuse number 43, Tail, is for the tail lights, side marker lights,license plate lights and the Parking lights.

This is in the under dash fuse box.
Old 07-24-06, 02:41 PM
cshank
Driver School Candidate

I'm in the same boat - rear lights are good, running lights are dead. I've looked all through my repair manuals, and nothing fit the bill. I've checked every fuse in the car, no solution. My cousin owns a repair biz and looked on AllData to finally find a possible answer. It turns out that there is a diode in line on the light circuit. It sits past the split to the rear and is only in line for the front end side of the circuit. This explains why the rear lights work, and the fronts don't. The diode sits in the front kickpanel #,1 down next to your left foot. I couldn't find anything from lexus that labeled it, but AllData once again pointed to a place. It's a small square spot at the top left of panel #1. On mine, there is a small plastic burn spot, apparently where the diode burned out.

I've been out of town for the past week, so I haven't had a chance to try to fix mine yet. I don't know if you can buy this part from Lexus, or how it fits in because the plastic on my panel is kind of melted. I was planning to pull the panel, and possibly solder a new diode when I can make some time.

Hope this may point you in a direction that helps.

Chuck
Old 07-24-06, 02:59 PM
Lexusalex
Driver

Originally Posted by cshank
I'm in the same boat - rear lights are good, running lights are dead. I've looked all through my repair manuals, and nothing fit the bill. I've checked every fuse in the car, no solution. My cousin owns a repair biz and looked on AllData to finally find a possible answer. It turns out that there is a diode in line on the light circuit. It sits past the split to the rear and is only in line for the front end side of the circuit. This explains why the rear lights work, and the fronts don't. The diode sits in the front kickpanel #,1 down next to your left foot. I couldn't find anything from lexus that labeled it, but AllData once again pointed to a place. It's a small square spot at the top left of panel #1. On mine, there is a small plastic burn spot, apparently where the diode burned out.

I've been out of town for the past week, so I haven't had a chance to try to fix mine yet. I don't know if you can buy this part from Lexus, or how it fits in because the plastic on my panel is kind of melted. I was planning to pull the panel, and possibly solder a new diode when I can make some time.

Chuck

Hmm very interesting. I just now remembered that i had a burned plastic smell for a few month before my lights went out I could not figure out where it was coming from. After my lights went out, no more burned plastic smell. So possibly its the same exact issue.

Last edited by Lexusalex; 07-24-06 at 03:03 PM.
Old 08-16-06, 01:36 PM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

Received 359 Likes on 248 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexusalex
Hmm very interesting. I just now remembered that i had a burned plastic smell for a few month before my lights went out I could not figure out where it was coming from. After my lights went out, no more burned plastic smell. So possibly its the same exact issue.
Originally Posted by cshank

Chuck
Well, I have the same problem. The other day I pulled out my sidemarkers to clean them and then after I put them back in and drove for a bit, I smelled burning in the cabin when the lights were on. It quickly went away so I dismissed it. Then yesterday driving at night the smell came back STRONG and did not go away. I pulled into a gas station to fill up and turned the lights off and back on. When I put them back on, my sidemarkers, parking lights, and cornering lights ALL failed to work. I checked all my wiring today and all the fuses, nothing seems out of the ordinary here. I have not checked the spot on the top left of kick panel fuse box cause I just read the thread, but I will check that later. If anyone has a fix for this issue, please let it be known!

I don't wanna pay someone to diagnose why these lights don't work. They are unimportant lights as it is, so it wouldn't be the end of the world if they never worked again.

Quick Reply: Anyone Know Where Fuse For Park Light Is?