SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Stay tuned for pics of the new interior

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-06, 05:42 AM
BiZ
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stay tuned for pics of the new interior

I received my new leather from Leatherseats.com a couple of weeks ago and have spent some time getiing them installed. Rear seat was pretty easy, fronts are a PAIN. The fronts take about 4 to 5 hours each to do. And for those who have ordered new leather from them you will need to reuse a lot of the steel rods from the original seats. But now that they are done I am extremely happy with the results. All I have left to do is the door panel arm rests. I will be doing those this weekend most likely. Oh yeah, you have got to love the new leather smell. Pics coming later this evening when I get home.
Old 08-04-06, 12:23 PM
GaDawg
Driver

Default Where are the pics?

I just purchased the tan interior from Leatherseats.com and would love to see how yours turned out. Alos, they said they don't come with any instructions, was that a problem?
Old 08-04-06, 12:28 PM
CleanCL
Lead Lap

i received mine last week, i'm installing them tomorrow. i plan to bang it out in 1 day, but my family owns an upholstery business so i'm somewhat familiar with this stuff.

i got the front / rear premium package w/ armrests, ebrake boot, center armrest, and perforated inserts in stock color. they look beautiful, can't wait to install.
Old 08-04-06, 02:04 PM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jtucci
i got the front / rear premium package w/ armrests, ebrake boot, center armrest, and perforated inserts in stock color. they look beautiful, can't wait to install.
That's EXACTLY the package I want to go with. How much was it if you don't mind? I plan to do this in a few months.

(We can just yak it up in BiZ's thread since his utter elation at getting new leather installed forced him to start this thread without pics! Lol shoulda just waited until he got home and done it all at once )

I'm eating soup today. It is yummy. But back to the leathers...
Old 08-04-06, 03:57 PM
MikeFD3S
Lead Lap

I've had my leathers sitting in my closet for over half a year. Too lazy to install it

If you can, post a writeup! I think someone did have a thorough writeup on here at one point.
Old 08-04-06, 07:45 PM
BiZ
Intermediate

Sorry for being late I got a little busy after work. Here are some night pics in the garage.

Old 08-04-06, 07:46 PM
BiZ
Intermediate

Old 08-04-06, 07:47 PM
BiZ
Intermediate

Old 08-04-06, 07:50 PM
BiZ
Intermediate

I am considering pulling the front seats out again and painting the plastric trim around the bottom the dark mocha color. I will have to do a photoshop first to see if I like it.

As far as the install goes, it's pretty straight forward. I suggest doing the rear seat first since it is a little easier. It will give you good practice at removing the old and installing the new. Get a nice pair of SOFT handled snips to cut the old clips off. There are a million of them. My hands were sore after doing the seats.
Old 08-04-06, 07:51 PM
BLK13X
Mortgage Slave

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Goes well with the original interior, I like it!

I was planning to get the LeatherSeats kit for the Soarer, all in black with perforated centres.
Old 08-04-06, 07:51 PM
jibbby
Banned - could not follow forum rules

Ebay $700...New leather
Attached Thumbnails Stay tuned for pics of the new interior-picture-104.jpg  
Old 08-04-06, 08:28 PM
etggolf
Driver School Candidate

Default My interior is totally worn out...

During my SC's early years, I was playing alot of summer golf in Palm Springs and seeing as how my cars windows arent tinted, the soft supple leather literally baked and are now crisp and cracking all over. The Lexus replacement quote was rediculous but I went to a local auto upholstery guy and he quoted me $1200 for Toyota quality leather on the back bench (back, bottom), both fronts (back, bottom & headrests), center console, and arm rests. Hes been in business for over 20 years so he's gotta know his stuff so hopefully with my busy schedule I'll get it done soon.

I'll try to have before and after pics... bet mine wins the prize for ugliest seats.
Old 08-04-06, 08:41 PM
nysupraman
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

i love the two tone really clean!
Old 08-04-06, 08:53 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 350 Likes on 226 Posts

I know a lot of people seem to like the piping, but I have never been a fan of it.
Old 08-04-06, 10:35 PM
eskinol
Lead Lap

Looks great, but I too am not so much of a piping fan. I plan to go either tan with suede on the center area or black with suede inner areas. This way, I'll sweat less.

Quick Reply: Stay tuned for pics of the new interior