windows not working :(

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-06, 08:54 AM
grim129
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default windows not working :(

i dont GET itt!!

ok soo when i 1st got my car the windows worked good but then they Stoped working when my Door was open!! ( ya the locks worked that was itt!! ) it was like the Switch had no power even the lil Green lights would be off!!

soo i had that for about 2 weeks NOWWW one DAY out of the blue it Fulll stops working !!!! no lil Green lights windows dont move!! from driver side!!!! BUT get this the PASS window does work and has the lil green lights working

soo i dont think its a fuse!!

i opened up the door to Take out the windows/locks/and what not Harnessse i looked it over for about 30 mins it good like NEW!!!!!!!!! soo is there a way to test it!! ( i need to know what colors should have power and what noT

ty guys !
Old 08-05-06, 09:06 AM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I don't have a manual to tell you the colors. But if one side is working and the other isn't then check which wires on the side that is working have power and make sure they do on the other side.

I was told by a Lexus mechanic that the wiring running to the doors sometimes gets brittle over the years of the door being open and closed and sometimes breaks. This could be a possibility.

Also, you are going to want to verify that it is not the switch that is damaged.

Good Luck,
Jonny
Old 08-05-06, 09:58 AM
grim129
Driver School Candidate

o my bad i forgot to tell you guys i got a NEWWWWW switch for it and it still does not work!!!

ya i looked over the wiring thats what i was looking for too breakss but i did not find one!!
Old 08-05-06, 10:09 AM
Hai_Nguyen
Pole Position

Are you sure you checked the ENTIRE harness? gotta take off all that electrical tape and look. unplug the harness from under the kick panel and pull it out to examine.
Old 08-05-06, 02:28 PM
grim129
Driver School Candidate

ok i fixed that it was the blue wire !!!!!!

power!! WIRE
Old 08-05-06, 07:53 PM
ScTHREE
Driver School Candidate

Unhappy

yea i had that same problem, it was the wires running to the door
Old 10-14-06, 12:50 AM
soulsoarer
Pole Position

I am having the same problem. Sometimes if the door is cracked open the windows will work and if the door is close, it will not work. Sometimes if I slam my door shut it will start working again. But just a couple of weeks ago it stop working period. This is the driver side windows. I am guessing its the wiring harness to. Anyone know how I can remove the wiring harness and check it out? What do I have to remove and how? If you have any other suggestion please let me know. Thank you.

I forgot to mention, the green light does not light up on the switch so that is why I am guessing there is no power going to the power window switch. When it did work, the green light would be on.

1993 sc400.

Last edited by soulsoarer; 10-14-06 at 12:54 AM.
Old 10-15-06, 11:48 AM
Sc dRifta
*****Do not buy from this member until further notice *****

alright since i went through this for a very long time and no one helped me im gonna be nice. your windows work when you jiggle yoru door open and close it makes a strange buzzing noise. yes i know i know your car does that. first i removed my door panel http://www.luxurymods.com/tutorial4.htm then remove the speaker. youll see the harness run into the door follow it and unplug it from the driver side kick panel there are 2 harness plugs you need to disconnect. pull the harness out gentley through the speaker opening so you can work on it. the rubber insulator that protects the wire the one you can see when you open your door that goes through the door and out the speaker opening with the harness as well just squeeze it and push it throught he pening ok now slide the rubber insulator off or out of the way and locate a wire that is thicker than the rest in the harness its WHITE with a BLACK STRIPE you should see it seperated cut and clean the ends get some new wire extend teh harness tape it up and reverse. good luck
Old 10-15-06, 12:28 PM
soulsoarer
Pole Position

No buzzing noise, but thanks i'll look into that. thanks for your time.

Originally Posted by Sc dRifta
alright since i went through this for a very long time and no one helped me im gonna be nice. your windows work when you jiggle yoru door open and close it makes a strange buzzing noise. yes i know i know your car does that. first i removed my door panel http://www.luxurymods.com/tutorial4.htm then remove the speaker. youll see the harness run into the door follow it and unplug it from the driver side kick panel there are 2 harness plugs you need to disconnect. pull the harness out gentley through the speaker opening so you can work on it. the rubber insulator that protects the wire the one you can see when you open your door that goes through the door and out the speaker opening with the harness as well just squeeze it and push it throught he pening ok now slide the rubber insulator off or out of the way and locate a wire that is thicker than the rest in the harness its WHITE with a BLACK STRIPE you should see it seperated cut and clean the ends get some new wire extend teh harness tape it up and reverse. good luck
Old 10-15-06, 02:34 PM
soulsoarer
Pole Position

I check the harness and everything seems ok. Remove the driver side panel and even check the end of the connection next to the fuse box. The wires all seem good. Now I don't know what it could be. Is there a way i can check to see if the switchs are getting power since the green light does not light up on the buttons?
Old 10-22-06, 11:47 PM
Sc dRifta
*****Do not buy from this member until further notice *****

wow alright um let me know you can try my switch are you sure your switch is new?
Old 11-11-06, 09:31 PM
soulsoarer
Pole Position

I do not have a new switch, its the original one. is there anyway i can test out the switch or hook up an external power supply to the switch to see if its the harness?