SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Veritek's SC Debut

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-06, 05:05 AM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

The Scoop looks ok...Fantastic paint. Now, the real question...Got anything under that scoop? Supercharger?

Ryan
Old 08-10-06, 07:22 AM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts
Default ....

Lookin' nice
Old 08-10-06, 08:22 AM
Spitfire86
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks nice! It looks really aggressive now with that hood and those rims.

I would have de-badged it though to make it a mystery of what kind of car it is. The gold emblems stand out a lil bit with the rest of the car.
Old 08-10-06, 09:01 AM
chanh55
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Lookin good. Front bumper has a little cellulite.

Old 08-10-06, 09:18 AM
veritek
Lexus Champion

Thanks Tony for taking the pics and linking to CL!!! They came out great, and I like the different angles. Great reflection shot off you car too.
Old 08-10-06, 09:21 AM
veritek
Lexus Champion

Thanks Overclocker for getting the pics onto CL and for the comments.
Old 08-10-06, 09:22 AM
veritek
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by chanh55
Lookin good. Front bumper has a little cellulite.

Cellulite, that's pretty good, got a laugh out of that one, heheh.
Old 08-10-06, 09:50 AM
veritek
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by cherplex
Paint looks great as other said not feeling the mesh or scoop. So what's next you know we are never finished with these toys.....
I knew there were gonna be comments on the mesh (cause I had the same thoughts) and hood. To answer your question, and others, plan to do a GTE swap, T-66 or T-70 single turbo conversion, hence the scoop to get some cool air into the engine bay and look different. I had them do a cut out in the hood for the scoop. Btw, for clarification, it's a replica AC Cobra hood, not off the Mustang, but for the old Shelby Cobras. I wasn't planning on the hood or ghost flames, but decided since I was having the car repainted, I wanted to go for a unique look. Kinda scary experimenting, but I'm glad I did. The mesh, wasn't too happy about that, but it was my own fault, cuz I told em to cover up the holes temporarily so the bumper beam and other stuff would be kinda hidden, but should have told them to paint it black or get a finer mesh. Anyway, it's only temporary hopefully, heheh. The ghost true flames I was really worried about, but I haven't seen anybody do it (ghost "true" flames vs ghost traditional flames like on muscle cars) so I went for it. You can't see them in certain angles, other angles you can, then other angles they flip color from a faint pearl yellow to aqua to a purplish blue, again, depending on the angle. Fitment issues with the front bumper aren't to my liking, but they did the best they could, and she'll have to go back to refit (previous owner had a front collision which I knew about, but didn't realize the extent of the damage underneath, lesson learned). They smoked the tails slightly, which turned out real good, and sanded and recleared the headlights too. I'll post before pics soon. Again, thanks for all the comments, positive and constructive.
Old 08-10-06, 10:03 AM
Batmobile
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

looks good.... can't wait for the intercooler to cover up that mess.... i mean mesh.

i would have went for the inverted hood, but is that two tone seats i see in there?

Old 08-10-06, 10:52 AM
sc250tt
Lexus Champion

looking good not really feeling the rims and the scoop though
Old 08-10-06, 02:12 PM
veritek
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Memphisacc
Did you go to Pope HS ?
Nope. I'm a transplanted Northerner from Philly.
Old 08-10-06, 07:25 PM
hass
Lexus Champion

I'm not sure what to say, i dont feel the kit, the wheels, the mesh and the scoop. I agree with the other person, the hood is too domestic. The front bumper has too much mesh, the side skirts doesn't fit the car well. The wheels are just tooo plain, konigs don't deserve to be on a lexus. Sorry to hurt peoples feelings but this car is okay, nothing too special. Each to his own i guess.

-hass
Old 08-10-06, 07:59 PM
Matador
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Im actually kinda likin it, the hood isnt bad at all and you get a +1 for experimentation. Sounds like you are well aware of a few loose ends and we should be seein a front mount in the near future instead of its...erm... place holder. Lookin good tho.
Old 08-11-06, 09:23 AM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

OK, everyone else has given their opinion so I guess here goes. Firstly, kudos for doing something different. You went out on a limb and if you are happy with it then that is all that matters.

I have the same problems with it as everyone else - Konigs are cheap crappy wheels ( used to have the exact ones on my Legend). They bend over the slightest bump. A set of IS300 or IS350 wheels would look a lot better.

The mesh does look terrible. You can't have that big of a gap and not have an IC poking through. Personally I would have waited until I had the turbo setup before doing the work.

The front bumper needs a lot of work and I think your bodyshop could have done a lot better job.

The car has great potential though - you should take advantage of that

And most of all - you have come on here and maturely taken criticism - which is more than I can say for most members. For that -

Jonny
Old 08-13-06, 06:43 PM
sxylxy
Lead Lap

SC
scoop
GS

Quick Reply: Veritek's SC Debut