SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Another option US models got cheated out of

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-06 | 06:48 AM
lawrenceO
Driver

The Soarer UZZ31 and 32 did come with factory leather, most came with sunroof and electonic memory column to my knowledge.
Old 08-18-06 | 09:36 AM
kietlander
Racer

i want rear headrest...
Old 08-18-06 | 11:42 AM
TRD_Power
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Son Gokou
Hehe guys,

I think US models also dont get the airbag / active suspensions or the Ultra Sonic / Heated mirrors too
My '95 SC400 has heated mirrors...
Old 08-18-06 | 12:53 PM
s0arer
Driver

Default JDM mirrors are designed for right hand drivers, not left, check first

Being a former Honda JDM owner, we've swapped out for JDM folding mirrorser on civics and crx, but you have to remember, that the mirrors are designed for right hand driver, NOT left hand driver. So the mirror convex concave whatever angles are different than US left hand drive. Even if you adjust the angle of the mirror to max, it may not be enough for you to see out of properly for that side so it's useless. Atleast that's the problem on Hondas. If you don't use your side mirrors, it won't matter than. I can't remember which side mirror the problem was.
Old 08-18-06 | 01:05 PM
lawrenceO
Driver

Originally Posted by s0arer
Being a former Honda JDM owner, we've swapped out for JDM folding mirrorser on civics and crx, but you have to remember, that the mirrors are designed for right hand driver, NOT left hand driver. So the mirror convex concave whatever angles are different than US left hand drive. Even if you adjust the angle of the mirror to max, it may not be enough for you to see out of properly for that side so it's useless. Atleast that's the problem on Hondas. If you don't use your side mirrors, it won't matter than. I can't remember which side mirror the problem was.
You can always swap the convex mirror for a flat one - here in Australia it's done to all imports as part of the compliance process - apparently Aus authorities consider convex mirrors unsuitable for Australia....
Old 08-18-06 | 01:14 PM
MSMLexIS
Lexus Champion

The japanese Soarer also had the air suspension and the mirrors have mirror washers in them that spray the mirrors and then vibrate to clear the mirror off and you could get a dehumidifyer(spelling) and a negative ion generator which is a fancy air filtration system Also didnt they have a rear view camera.
Old 08-18-06 | 07:21 PM
BLK13X
Mortgage Slave

Originally Posted by lawrenceO
The Soarer UZZ31 and 32 did come with factory leather, most came with sunroof and electonic memory column to my knowledge.
Whoops... was only thinking of the JZ30/31 models, because that's what's missing on mine

Originally Posted by MSMLexIS
the mirrors have mirror washers in them that spray the mirrors and then vibrate to clear the mirror off
They don't have washers in them. It's a Piezo unit that vibrates the mirror to get rid of any excess water on the glass first then heats up to dry the rest. Just a heads up
Old 08-18-06 | 07:40 PM
SpinAll4
Former Sponsor - Cancelled

honestly, who cares about half this stuff? active air suspension, how many old lincolns do you see slammed in the back beacuse of malfunctioning air ride. all wheel steering is just more added weight to an already heavy car. Most of the people that have it (nissan z owners, and Galant VR4 owners) deleet it beacuse it becomes unnerving on the highway. I've pulled the rear wiper on 2 differnt cars now, and never missed either one (and these were both hatchbacks too).

I'm trying to go the other direction with my car. Its been on a cheap diet (no hard core expensive weight reduction, IE carbon fiber hood, 1700 seats) and already lost 50-60 lbs just by upgrading my battery(exide orbital), fabbing alum brackets from stock I bought at home depot, pulling usless brackets, covers, factory keyless box, busted power antenna. This has been with out loosing any of the "luxury" of the car. I still have a system, still have dynamat, ect.
Old 08-19-06 | 04:44 PM
lawrenceO
Driver

Originally Posted by SpinAll4
honestly, who cares about half this stuff? active air suspension, how many old lincolns do you see slammed in the back beacuse of malfunctioning air ride. all wheel steering is just more added weight to an already heavy car. Most of the people that have it (nissan z owners, and Galant VR4 owners) deleet it beacuse it becomes unnerving on the highway. I've pulled the rear wiper on 2 differnt cars now, and never missed either one (and these were both hatchbacks too).

I'm trying to go the other direction with my car. Its been on a cheap diet (no hard core expensive weight reduction, IE carbon fiber hood, 1700 seats) and already lost 50-60 lbs just by upgrading my battery(exide orbital), fabbing alum brackets from stock I bought at home depot, pulling usless brackets, covers, factory keyless box, busted power antenna. This has been with out loosing any of the "luxury" of the car. I still have a system, still have dynamat, ect.
These are Toyotas not Lincolns. An active will outcorner any other model.

http://planetsoarer.com/videos/soarervids.htm

Take one hot as hell fast and furious 5 speed manual Twin Turbo and a stock UZZ32 Active Soarer. Put a race driver with all the gear in the TT and Mr Casual in the Active.

Send them both out to a big circle on a skid pan. Make them go around and around. Have in car cameras for both and a couple of cameras outside to catch all the action.

There is Mr Casual in the Active, elbow out the window, chuckling to himself and offering encouragement to the struggling TT behind him.

Then cut to a far shot - the Active looks like is is only doing about 15 km/hr -so smooth, rock steady, zero body roll, just tootling around. Then you see the TT behind him, leaning right over, the outside front wheel taking all the weight and squealing and smoking - this gives a indication of the true speed.

Cut to the TT race driver, both hands on the wheel, white knuckles in plain view, swearing in Japanese - "Aaaaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaeeeeee - awwwwwwwwwwaAAAAAAAAAeeeeeee" - furiously working the steering wheel with both hands desperately trying to keep the TT within sight of the Active.

The Mr casual Active driver relentlessly goes faster and faster much to the chagrin of the TT driver. Now the TT is full on sideways, both rears smoking trying desperately to keep the Active in sight - it is a fruitless battle though - no Soarer ever made can come close to keeping up with an Active. Finally the TT spins out of control and disappears into the bushes. Mr Casual Active driver shakes his head, another hotshot TT driver has bitten the dust.
Old 08-19-06 | 05:30 PM
soarer479
Lexus Test Driver

there are a ton of small things the soarer got and lexus didnt give.. i still dont think ive found all of them on my soarer lol the trim around the windows is black not chrome mine came with an in car air purifier located in between the factory sub and the gas tank and a small switch for it under the steering wheel. and all the others listed

I ACTUALLY LIKE THE DIGITAL DASH its very nice and i havent had any problems with mine at all and the car is a 94 i prefer it over the analog any day. the power folding mirrors are nice and all be i have never found myself actually needing to use them except to wave at hot girls driving down the highway lol
Old 08-19-06 | 05:44 PM
Afrokid
Driver

Originally Posted by NYLexSC
Left hand drive
that made me laugh quite a bit.
Old 08-22-06 | 01:38 AM
DoubleWhoosh
Lexus Test Driver

Yeah I think mine has vibrating mirrors. There's an extra button by the mirror buttons...
Old 08-22-06 | 06:51 AM
SpinAll4
Former Sponsor - Cancelled

Originally Posted by lawrenceO
These are Toyotas not Lincolns. An active will outcorner any other model.

http://planetsoarer.com/videos/soarervids.htm

Take one hot as hell fast and furious 5 speed manual Twin Turbo and a stock UZZ32 Active Soarer. Put a race driver with all the gear in the TT and Mr Casual in the Active.

Send them both out to a big circle on a skid pan. Make them go around and around. Have in car cameras for both and a couple of cameras outside to catch all the action.

There is Mr Casual in the Active, elbow out the window, chuckling to himself and offering encouragement to the struggling TT behind him.

Then cut to a far shot - the Active looks like is is only doing about 15 km/hr -so smooth, rock steady, zero body roll, just tootling around. Then you see the TT behind him, leaning right over, the outside front wheel taking all the weight and squealing and smoking - this gives a indication of the true speed.

Cut to the TT race driver, both hands on the wheel, white knuckles in plain view, swearing in Japanese - "Aaaaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaeeeeee - awwwwwwwwwwaAAAAAAAAAeeeeeee" - furiously working the steering wheel with both hands desperately trying to keep the TT within sight of the Active.

The Mr casual Active driver relentlessly goes faster and faster much to the chagrin of the TT driver. Now the TT is full on sideways, both rears smoking trying desperately to keep the Active in sight - it is a fruitless battle though - no Soarer ever made can come close to keeping up with an Active. Finally the TT spins out of control and disappears into the bushes. Mr Casual Active driver shakes his head, another hotshot TT driver has bitten the dust.
While I'm sure that the actives out handle all the other stock models, I seriously doubt that they come close to a full coil over setup car. Most people, my self included, can not wait to get rid of the stock suspension. Historicly, the active susupension setups have been fine for people who want a little better performance stock, but can not hold up to track duty. Its this way with the Corvette, its this way with the 3000GT VR-4(GTO),ect. They just end up being another expensive replacment part people upgrade away from.
Old 08-23-06 | 07:41 AM
MSMLexIS
Lexus Champion

I have a fast fours an rotaries video that has a soarer with active suspension digi dash and it has mirror washers that spray water on the mirrors. Also i saw on a website a soarer in the factory brochure with a backup camera and like all japanese cars you could get a tv in the dash. Also dont forget about the dehumidifier and the negative ion generator MONET.