SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

92' - 00' Speaker replacement help?! Wiz, 935spd, Hell, Max, VQT, Bean etc...

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-01, 07:24 AM
CmputerWiz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh ya, the Volvo. I guess my full exhaust was no match for a cut off muffler. They seemed to like the fart can bumblebee sound from the Volvo more.

No not a dremel tool, I used a pair of....pliers...and just broke off pieces of plastic until it fit. lol But it worked well. If I did it over, I would have gone thru the trouble of going ALL the way back inside to get the dremel. heh

No road noise...they fit perfectly in the holes I made...so no place for sound to get by. Plus I added more Dynamat to the doors, so it''s actually quieter...I guess.

As for the shipping, Merry Christmas.

Ya that link with the 6.5" woofers is pretty cool...thats a good idea for putting a large speaker in there! If I couldn't get the 5.25" woofer to fit in the factory mount, I was going to do that...sorta. I was gonna use plexiglas, but wood would be SOO much easier. Although, I use only MB Quart speakers. I've grown to really like 'em, sound Q is AWESOME!

SR

SR
Old 10-12-01, 07:25 AM
The Ikon
Lexus Champion

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

My partner with a Maxima has 6" Polk audio components in the rear of his car. The highs are so crisp and the 6" make really decent mid/bass. He bought his from Circuit City at only $100 bucks because the had been opened or something. Great deal!

What size is the back pair of speakers?

Last edited by The Ikon; 10-12-01 at 07:27 AM.
Old 10-12-01, 07:38 AM
The Ikon
Lexus Champion

Thumbs up

Thanks for the thought, I'll call it a late birthday present(my b'day was 9-11-01)... I don't celebrate X-mas... I'm the Scrooge ... I guess I'm not the only good guy around here... I gave away my fact tips, hi-flow muffs, and 2 16" tires to CL members.

What about the rear speakers?
Old 10-12-01, 09:08 AM
CmputerWiz
Lexus Test Driver

The rears are 4" I've got some Alpine's in there that I've been meaning to take out forever....just haven't gotten around to it. I dont use them, I don't even have them wired up anymore. Having the subs in the trunk pushed the rears up so much that they sounded like total crap...so I'm pulling them out for more sub airflow.

SR
Old 10-12-01, 10:03 AM
hellasboy
Lexus Test Driver

I ended up getting an Apexi N1 "sound modifier"
i would have probably bought the OZ 250H, the kicker free air also seems pretty good.

i believe you're going to have to remove your rear seats to get to the subwoofer. I think you have to pull the seats up.
Old 10-12-01, 11:38 AM
Taka
Lexus Test Driver

my both front speakers weren't working. I thought it's my nakamichi system causes it. I just swapped
civic speaker into stock speaker...it's working
what is this, both speakers died? How can I tell if it's blown? seems nothign wrong with speaker.

anyways, I'm on same truck, I need to get upgrade speakers.

on previous msg, i was wondering what is the plug that is just sitting for, it was for door panel light..i think i just forgot to plug in back
Old 10-13-01, 12:17 AM
Taka
Lexus Test Driver

I'm planning to get Dynaudio System 240 MkII,
does anyone use this speakers on Nak system?

should I just get speaker without tweeters?

one more thing, how can I access to rear speaker?
from inside trunk? I read some posts but confused.
I'll figure myself
Old 10-13-01, 12:36 AM
banking
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink The Ikon

Ikon,

Thanks for those factory stock exhaust tips. Actually, they are still in that FedEx letter you had sent it in. I'll give it back to you when we meet up this Sunday. I still haven't forgotten about your headlights I had promised you. I tend to get side tracked sometimes.

Van
Old 10-13-01, 01:48 PM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

just for the record; MB Quarts suck ***, nothing but Bose with a different name...

With no highs and no lows it MUST be Bose... same goes for MB Quarts
they sound good because their advertisements tell you they do... BLEGH
Old 10-13-01, 07:24 PM
CmputerWiz
Lexus Test Driver

MB Quart advetises? I go by what my ears hear. Alpine, Nak, RF, MB Quart, Pioneer, Sony, Poly, all in the same room, same music. I clicked on each until I got the best sound. Plenty of highs, plenty of lows, everything I need. Sure the $150 quarts don't sound good....whatta ya expect for $150?! Go listen to some Q series...they kick A**!!! (of course they're like $600 a set too...ugh)

And I must say that my Bose Wave radio by my bed has better sound than ANY desktop radio I've ever had!!

SR

(But I'd still be using GTi's if they made them...too bad they don't!)
Old 10-14-01, 10:49 AM
The Ikon
Lexus Champion

Van, don't sweat the lights... Also give my buddy a call in TN... He will be available today this afternoon.

Last edited by The Ikon; 10-15-01 at 01:35 AM.
Old 10-15-01, 04:50 AM
Keith13b
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Personally I prefer Boston Acoustic pro series.

The main problem we will run into is the fact that the speakers in the showroom will not sound the same in our cars as they do in the sound room. The acoustics are different. A good shop will let you "try before you buy" if you show up with door pannels off and aligator clip jumper wires ready to go . Sometimes the most expensive speakers aren't the best sounding (though usually they are!). Pick your top three speakers from the soundroom and ask the shop manager if you can test them in your car. Just make sure you promise to buy one of the sets when your done. I've done this before and it has helped me alot.

Keith
Old 10-15-01, 04:44 PM
The Ikon
Lexus Champion

Thumbs up Keith good suggestion!!! I may try that.

Hey all, Circuit city had the component Polk Audio 4" and tweet for $99 on sale regular price is $120. They also had Infinity 4" on sale for $70. In Infinty sounded better "in the store" today.

What do you all think?

Last edited by The Ikon; 11-19-01 at 10:30 AM.
Old 10-16-01, 10:29 AM
The Ikon
Lexus Champion

Question

Where was this thread it was gone earlier???
Old 10-16-01, 10:41 AM
DIrEctQL
Chicago Lexus Club Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by CDALTON
Im sure it sounds good with the 5 1/4's. I decided at the last minute to go with 4 mb quarts. I did not want to hack at the enclosures. If you dont seal the enclosure after going to the 5 1/4, it will defeat the purpose of having the enclosures. I will look for a wrecked SC and get some enclosures that I can mod to fit a 5 1/4. But, I will want it to be sealed like it was a 4. As far as speakers, for me it was between Diamond and MB Quarts. Both are good speakers for the money.
Hey, we should meet up. Your car sounds nice, I wouldn't mind checking it out. How far are you from Woodfield?

Quick Reply: 92' - 00' Speaker replacement help?! Wiz, 935spd, Hell, Max, VQT, Bean etc...