Search this Thread

Old 10-15-01, 12:37 PM
soarer 300
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Bean
You're only making 500rwhp at 26psi?
You must be running a small turbo...
Yes, an SP60. 500rwhp is estimated. I'm not going to claim my car does anything it doesn't.

but yes Toyomoto imo is still way overpriced; damn good quality as i have seen first hand; but the wussy stage 1 sc300 kit is $5500 with a stock sidemount and a little puny T04E (puny compared to a T60 series turbo )

Can the haltech eliminate the dual voltage problem with the fuel pumps?
The Haltech cannot eliminate a dual voltage problem. That can only be done by upping voltage. That's why the MKIV guys do the fp rewire...sending more power to the fp.

Oh and to the guy who thinks he's hot **** because he's only 20...
I'M only 20 and you don't see me bragging I own 3 cars, 2 of which run 13second 1/4 mile times... my 300zx i owned with my own money when i was 18... With the techworld as it was and is now, its not a big thing to be young and make decent money... in fact its quite common
Way to misconstrue a point and turn it around to use it for ammo against me... *applause. I don't have much in my bank account, I'm a student, and when I fill up my tank, I usually put 5 bucks in because I can't afford a full tank. Granted, I do work 20 hours a week, but I manage my money. There, you happy?

I'm not bragging because I'm 20 and own a Turbo Lexus; frankly, I'm not bragging at all. I'm smart enough to build a car in a cost efficient manner, beat EVERYONE I face, and look good doing so. I just know how to save money and spend it the right way.

Jeff, I missed where you wrote the car got a headgasket..."and a head gasket to lower compression. I skimmed over it.

I just can't see how so many people throw this money in to their cars and was making a point about it. I don't sit around and read about the technicalities of cars I don't own. I am very familiar with the OBD3 technology and restrictions, but didn't know how it coincided with the factory MAF.

-c

Jeff. I was also wondering where you got your gauge mounts/holders. I have a makeshift holder to hold mine, but I've looked around and couldn't find anything.
Old 10-17-01, 01:55 PM
soarer 300
Lead Lap

hallo? Jeff?
Old 10-18-01, 10:12 AM
SC300TURBO
Lexus Test Driver

ok im back..i was out of town for a while doing some training.....1st off...Bean...your a super cool guy and from what i know of Lexkid he is very cool too...he just started talking about something he wasnt fully aware of.......so we educated him.....
sp60 is a small but very good turbo...
haltech does control the fuel pump voltages...
720s are too much fuel for the n/a computer to idle.....it would be super rich..possibly too rich to run..
Bean...you either have someone in the business getting you cost on parts or your buying things used.....and pipes you must make yourself.......you can easliy upgrade your turbo in the kit and do a front mount...what ever you like.....you talk to toyomoto and build your own kit
lexkid-i know SP dosent charge 4000k for there n/a turbo kit...so i dont know how you got yours?......
my gauges are in the glove box....i like it all conceled...Jeff
Old 10-18-01, 12:02 PM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Jeff its cool

You don't have any exposed gauges? thats sweet

i was thinking of just having an EGT gauge somewhere visible with a warning light on it...

You're running an SP60? i thought that was related to the T60-1...
it should be making way more than 500rwhp at 26psi... unless i'm mistaken about the SP60s ancestry

Jeff is your 25G about the same size as the T60-1? I was hoping of putting out the same numbers as you...

yeah i'm looking at getting a lot used... and i'm rethinking about the toyomoto stuff because he wants a whopping $1000 for his manifold... which is ridiculous
maybe SP or PHR sells their manifold for cheaper...

the T60-1 is $1100 list price... i know someone that can get me at cost prices on turbos and intercoolers
550 injectors from a SupraTT with a fuel rail i can get used for usually around $160...
and if what lexkid is saying here is correct, i plan on doing the rewire and just getting a big fuel pump and new -6 lines instead of a complicated dual pump setup... i'll look into it more though

and piping isn't expensive... from toyomoto it might be; but i gotta check out the other kits to check their prices and if they sell stuff seperately
Old 10-18-01, 01:36 PM
SC300TURBO
Lexus Test Driver

your making a frankenstien kit there...i warn agianst it....and Phr is a toyomoto manifold and SP is 2k....i reccommend gettting the toyomoto......i dont know the size comparisons between the 60-1 and the 25G....
as far as fuel...the supra tt 550cc injectors wont work...different impedeance......dosent work with our computers.....and you need to make sure you get a fuel pump that is compatible with the sc300 fuel computer/.....just tryign to give you a heads up...Jeff
Old 10-18-01, 05:12 PM
soarer 300
Lead Lap

Jeff its cool

You don't have any exposed gauges? thats sweet

i was thinking of just having an EGT gauge somewhere visible with a warning light on it...

You're running an SP60? i thought that was related to the T60-1...
it should be making way more than 500rwhp at 26psi... unless i'm mistaken about the SP60s ancestry
The N/A fuel and timing curves are a ton less efficient *for turbo than the TT's. The spark isn't as hot, and the fuel isn't as correspondent...Others with the same setup were doing around that with their settings on the VPC and GCC the same as mine. Like I said, it is just a guess. I don't expect to be making much more than 475rwhp at 26 psi off the spray. I have a new transmission (auto) setup coming soon with a stronger transmission, and an upgraded T/C. The drivetrain loss will be even worse so my actual power to the ground/dyno will lessen as well...but, I will be able to build 18-19 psi off the line with the trans brake.

Jeff is your 25G about the same size as the T60-1? I was hoping of putting out the same numbers as you...

yeah i'm looking at getting a lot used... and i'm rethinking about the toyomoto stuff because he wants a whopping $1000 for his manifold... which is ridiculous
maybe SP or PHR sells their manifold for cheaper...
I bought my kit used; it had 2000 miles on it. That's why I got it at such a price---it was a steal IMO.

Jeff,

I was wondering where you got your GAUGE HOLDERS. I've seen pics of your gauges in the glovebox and noticed they sit on little perches. I'm doing the same, except right behind my steering wheel. My boost gauge is already there.
Old 10-18-01, 05:15 PM
soarer 300
Lead Lap

Bean,

Also, I have the 255lph Walbro pump. It should handle just about anything you throw at it. If you were to keep the car around 500rwhp, the TT pump should be suffice. Either way, they're about the same cost, but there are a few drawbacks in both. I believe the aftermarket (non OEM) pump will flow better, but the Walbro is noisy as heck.

-c

p.s. There's a used N/A-T kit on thepartstrader.com for sale. It is under the Supra engine and performance section.
Old 10-18-01, 11:18 PM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

thx for the info dude

yeah i saw that ad today when browsing through...
problem is, i don't have $3500 laying around yet
and i'd rather do the supporting mods first; so i can have the car ready to go when i get the kit... (ie clutch, exhaust, intake, fuel pump, etc)
i work 60-70 hours a week so stuff has to be gradual since my lexus is also my daily driver
Old 10-18-01, 11:37 PM
Ebanks
Lexus Champion

Default :)

If you knew how much I had in my car, you'd crap...

-cory (on Ethan's cpu)
Old 10-19-01, 04:34 AM
SC300TURBO
Lexus Test Driver

my point has been proven about cost of kits...the toyomoto kit is 5500 with all brand new parts......you guys are still spending 4k or more buying used pieces and getting hook ups at cost on some parts....so i once agian will say that for the cash...toyomoto has the best kit out there and most reliable for our cars......
Cory...your very lucky to find a ussed kit with 2k miles..dont blame ya for buying it......but the toyomoto kit is worth the money

Cory....how are you running 720 injectors?.....on a VPC and N/a computer?.....Jeff
Old 10-19-01, 06:23 AM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

the only used parts i'd be picking up would end up being the VPC, S-AFC, injectors/fuel rail, fuel pump, etc...

the turbo would be new... wastegate, downpipe, head gasket, and intercooler/ic piping would be new...

trouble is; toyomoto wants $1000 for their manifold...
its good quality don't get me wrong; but its not made out of titanium or some unobtainium... and its not divided; its not worth that much money... sorry...
if it were a divided manifold then it would be worth the money... i'm pretty sure PHR or SP would sell theirs for a decent price... but if theirs sucks i'll just have to suck it up and get a Toyo manifold
not when you can pick up a manifold for a Supra for a T04E bolt-pattern for ~$500