SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

So... How do you say "Hi" to another SC?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-06, 10:11 PM
FiSta
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kaotiq
My point is that no one really notices the fixed up cars here. We don't get nods and waves of acknowledgement. Perhaps, there are just too many fixed up cars here? I don't know. I have been driving next to MANY SCs before and it's just whatever.
have to agree with that...i usually just look straight ahead anyhoo...every other car in la is modded and there are just a lot of haters around here
Old 09-14-06, 03:18 AM
94lex83457
Lead Lap

i usually flash my high beams if they are oncoming but then it turns out 95% of the time they are over 50
Old 09-14-06, 05:58 AM
sc250tt
Lexus Champion

usually i only see older folks driving the sc's .the younger croud tries to get all snobby and act like the have a bently so i jus do the same,then there are the ones who starts wigging out asking to pull over so we can talk .wis all sc owners was like this .i would of figure out why my 1j is not crankin up
Old 09-14-06, 08:45 AM
scsrock
Pole Position

Good topic. Most SC drivers I've seen are old and/or female ... so only wave if you see a mod'ed SC ... or at least lowered with wheels because that's all I've got
Old 09-14-06, 08:54 AM
chanh55
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Do you guys remember back in the day when everyone had the alarm chirp hooked up to a switch? I think that's what everyone did back in the 90s.
Old 09-14-06, 02:32 PM
dinhNER
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

maybe everyone should move to houston so saying hi can happen more often
Old 09-14-06, 02:42 PM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by chanh55
Do you guys remember back in the day when everyone had the alarm chirp hooked up to a switch? I think that's what everyone did back in the 90s.
Yea I remember that but then I remember Neon Under Car Lights too....
Old 09-14-06, 03:22 PM
JJG2005
Lead Lap

I only really have talked to one SC owner around here. I was at the local auto parts store in my old ES and I saw a nice white SC with wheels pull in... told him nice car, he said thanks and that was it, and I mentioned that I had the same car at home. Once he found that out I had an SC he started talking for a bit about the cars, and told me he sold his ES just like mine to get the SC.

Saw him at the same store 2 weeks ago once my swap was finished, he was just like .

I do see one 16yo kid pretty regularly now with a nice LS, the only problem is he riced it out pretty bad

Other than that, Cleveland is pretty known for modded cars, I'm not like overly outgoing, but I have no problem getting into conversations with other modded car drivers around here... most of them know me and I know a lot of them.

There was a nice green SC with temp tags on it at my neighbors house a few weeks ago, didn't say anything to him but probably should have... just sat in my driveway and drooled over his car, since mine wasn't done at that point lol.
Old 09-14-06, 08:29 PM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty

Received 76 Likes on 39 Posts

Yea I remember that but then I remember Neon Under Car Lights too....
God, I'm glad that's over...That and 87-93 Mustang GT's with headlight covers...Usually it was a guy with a mullet driving, blaring G'n'R's Appetite for Destruction full blast!!!

You're in tha Jungle baby!!!
Old 09-14-06, 09:54 PM
Danimal
Lead Lap

Generally I will do a quick brights flash and wave. Most people look at me like I'm insane though. There's a middle-aged (I believe) lady with a NICE 97+ 400 that I see every once in a while; and there was also a girl about my age with the earliest tails. I tried to follow her (just to say hi, I'm not a stalker ) on many occasions but it never worked out, the one time we were both going the same way I was driving my friend's VW, so I don't think she would have understood the random thumbs up or anything. Oh well, I'll keep doing it!

-Dan
Old 09-14-06, 11:41 PM
hass
Lexus Champion

Not a lot of people wave or nod at me bc they can't see me with the windows up. If i pull up next to one, i see their reaction before i wave or nod at them. With my acura it's a different story, true enthuasists wave and try to talk about the car. I don't flas at all bc my HID are bright enough.

Nobody cares about fixed up cars bc the "tuners" got a bad reputation. True enthuasists try to compare cars and ask each other about maitnance(sp?).
-hass
Old 09-15-06, 08:50 PM
Inabj2
Lexus Champion

I try to say hello, as most of them are members here. No one messes with SC300's here. Which in some ways its a good thing!

240sx on the other hand...
Old 09-16-06, 06:33 AM
Durrr
Lead Lap

are there CL emblems or something of that nature around?
Old 09-16-06, 07:29 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by kaotiq
My point is that no one really notices the fixed up cars here. We don't get nods and waves of acknowledgement. Perhaps, there are just too many fixed up cars here? I don't know. I have been driving next to MANY SCs before and it's just whatever.
I would imagine in Cali it would be odd to see a stock SC making the modded ones common. I know here in south fl a stock SC looks weird, out of place and out of style....even the sc430. JK, that only applies to sc300/400.
Old 09-16-06, 09:10 AM
chanh55
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Durrr
are there CL emblems or something of that nature around?
I saw a metallic "Club Lexus" Sticker on an SC that was in a dealer lot. Anyone know where to get those? Maybe if everyone got a CL sticker, it would be less awkward to say hi to a fellow member.

Quick Reply: So... How do you say "Hi" to another SC?