SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

I'm still sprung on this car.

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-06, 11:55 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Yea back to the thread. OLT isn't that the SC from a few weeks back that you weren't sure if you would get it or not.
Old 09-15-06, 12:40 PM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Xotic sC
custom diameter,widths, and offsets.
This does not answer my question in the least. I specifically asked "what can you do in..." I'm looking for action. When you're driving your car and you're on your $2500 wheels what can you do that I can't do on some $1000 wheels? Please tell me.

I believe I can roll everywhere you roll and look just as good doing it...AND still have $1000 in my pocket. That's just my preference. I love the dough more than you know

I've never been turned down by a chick because I didn't have super-expensive wheels on my car either (maybe my GAME overcomes my lack of pricey wheels? lol) And I probably spend more money in other areas of my life than you do in those same areas, that's called personal preference and it's okay. Funny but everywhere I go people seem to like MY SC and it's "cheap" HP's, lol...

You spend your $2500 on rims and I'll spend $1000 on rims and $1500 on "other stuff"

To each his own.

Now that I'VE spoken you can get back to your thread.
Old 09-15-06, 12:53 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

wait a minute, you were asking a rhetorical question? MY bad.

Mike, it's cool man. I know you have a daughter to take care of and other aspects of your life that needs financial attention, we all do. You're right, it is a matter of preference, and I-along with some other members of this forum prefer to spend our money on expensive rims, why? well we like the style, we like the brand and other aspects of them...not a crime is it? Buying HP EVO's is not something I'd do and something I did not use to understand, now that I do understand some people might not want to spend excessive money on their car, I don't really care anymore and I do understand that this, and many other topics are endless debates, so it's all good. We all mod our cars the way we want it and have a good time.
Old 09-15-06, 01:29 PM
CleanSC
Pole Position

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

I'll chime in with a quickie advantage to expensive wheels: resale.

See this thread: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=143850

I don't hate on the choice to by a cheaper wheel. You need to do what's best for you. The above thread is just my experience and the reasoning behind my choice to spend extra for wheels.

Your mileage may vary.

So you buy this car yet or what, Brian?
Old 09-15-06, 01:40 PM
FSUnoles
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i agree, i hate when i see the rims/tires cost more than the car, just pointless. having your car look nice is good but when you foolish it becomes extremely superficial
Old 09-15-06, 02:20 PM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

I-along with some other members of this forum prefer to spend our money on expensive rims, why? well we like the style, we like the brand and other aspects of them...not a crime is it?
That's absolutely fine bro, you know I have no issues with that. Some people like to spend $600 on the newest cell phone year after year (I know people like this) whereas I wouldn't do that. That's just me. If I spend my money on something I expect a certain amount of return. I don't feel the return I get on some more expensive wheels would be worth the extra expense and associated headaches. I also believe they would raise my stress level considerably.

As far as resale value goes, when the time comes to sell these I can guarantee I'll get back what I paid or more. That I know without a doubt. I don't like hassles when I'm selling and these rims fit right into that plan. Even though a lot of guys on here crap on HP's they are still a rim that's in demand and can be easily sold within a couple of days. I could list my wheels in the classifieds section today for $700 and they'd be sold tomorrow and I'd have made a profit. That's real. I see some guys trying to sell their "expensive" wheels for months, constantly bumping the thread and lowering the price until their once prestiegious $2500 rims now only garner a max offer of around $1200. That's not for me. I like less stress

To put it simply and as my final statement on this matter I just don't see how me spending an additional $2k on wheels would honestly make me any happier than my current set , I don't see them making the car anymore fun to drive than the current set I have, and I don't think it makes the car look $2k better.

Most people on here have seen my car. Personally I think it looks just fine, so does everyone else I know. I'm cool widit.
Old 09-15-06, 02:39 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by O. L. T.
Not only do HP's look great, they are quite strong. You can really abuse them. So aside of being snobby about what wheels you put on a 15 yr old car , there's no reason not to use them SC's are nice, but people try and snoot *** around like they are a friggen Bently or something. Puhlease. More than 80% of the SC's on this board book for less than 10K (price of a used 2004 KIA). Making it look nice is what we hope to see out of people, but being snobby about an old car for sake of the badge is... how should we say... "mercedes like".

I like to know our members are smarter than that. ....and the "lexus way" is our owners to be both smart and reasonable, economical. (target demographic)

Put me in a 2007 55 AMG and I'll roll a set of $7k wheels no problem.
Brian:

I gotta disagree with you alot on this one...While I don't like snobs period, especially those that think money and things make them "better" than someone else, A Lexus is a Lexus, 15 years old or 1 day old. A Lexus is an upscale car...period...whether compared to a 2004 Kia or any other car...And, I would rather have my 13 year old Lexus any day to a Kia, or most any other car...In today's world, just about anybody with decent credit and a job can "lease" an upscale car...Does that make them better than ones that do not drive these cars? No. Plus, many of those people can barely afford to drive those cars, even at the lease prices....Think of it this way...The guy that leases a BMW for $389/month, and $2000 down, would pay around $800/month if he financed it...See if he can afford that. My point is, it doesn't matter if one drives a new Lexus or a used one, a new Porsche or a used on, etc, etc...And, I gotta tell ya, everytime I get in my Lexus and drive it, I feel upscale, not snobby or better than others, but I feel good driving this 13 year old, refined car...I like the Bentley, and the 55 AMG, but, even though I can afford to lease or even purchase either one, I would not...Bad investment, and I would rather let someone else take the hit on the depreciation. I will gladly buy it used, and save the money for my next project...A 2002 Porsche Carrera 4S, with an added turbo...

Ryan
Old 09-15-06, 04:00 PM
eHIGH
Lead Lap

well to kinda steer it back, what widths do the evo style come in?
Old 09-15-06, 04:15 PM
DriftNsc3
Lexus Champion

WOW Talk about High-jacking a thread, thats messed up. Hp evo's have nothing to do with him buying this white SC and I think you all need to take this debate somewhere else, maybe the wheels section, that sounds like the right place.

BACK ON TOPIC AND STAYING THERE HOPEFULLY! OLT whats up with the car, did you get it?
Old 09-15-06, 04:45 PM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by DriftNsc3
WOW Talk about High-jacking a thread, thats messed up. Hp evo's have nothing to do with him buying this white SC and I think you all need to take this debate somewhere else, maybe the wheels section, that sounds like the right place.
OLT ain't trippin about it...why are you? Even he himself was involved in this wheel discussion earlier, or did you miss that part in your haste to police the thread?

He's a mod and can handle his own affairs just fine.

What's the name of that valet company Richard? I need to know
Old 09-15-06, 05:16 PM
DriftNsc3
Lexus Champion

What's the name of that valet company Richard? I need to know
LOL um.......lets see........OMDIA Valet Co. (One Man Does It All)
I don't know why I triped out, my bad.
Old 09-15-06, 07:07 PM
SC400DRFT
Driver

my favorite is grey or grey/black 2 tone...as soon as i got my SC400 i took out the back seat and replaced the 2 front seats with black/carbon reclining racing seats
Old 09-15-06, 09:41 PM
Hai_Nguyen
Pole Position

OLT, I think somewhere in the back of your head you really want to buy the car just for the hell of it. You can't have too many SC's now, can ya?
If you REALLY don't want it, lemme know what part of TN its at..
Old 09-15-06, 09:47 PM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty

Received 74 Likes on 38 Posts

lemme know what part of TN its at..
Check a 30mi radius of Signal Mountain.
Old 09-15-06, 10:30 PM
sc300n00b
Pole Position

no black interior = skip it.

If I were to be able to do it all over again...2000 black/black SC400

...with low miles.

I've got that ... not for sale yet though

Quick Reply: I'm still sprung on this car.