SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Converting to RHD or Importing a Soarer Rolling Chasis.... Which is easier...........

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-06, 08:01 PM
eskinol
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its scary at times driving RHD cars. Especially when making left turns on busy traffic streets. Your completely in the blind spot. They're are other conditions such as this that makes RHD an inconvience for the driver and the drivers on the road. Another example is the direction in which the headlights point, and so on...

-esk
Old 09-26-06, 10:42 PM
BLK13X
Mortgage Slave

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Don't cut your current SC in half. If you're going to go that route just import a Soarer into the US and hope for the best. Hey, if you can't get it imported, at least you'll have all the parts for a 1JZ conversion all lined up
Old 09-27-06, 12:46 AM
natesiy
Rookie

Originally Posted by eskinol
Its scary at times driving RHD cars. Especially when making left turns on busy traffic streets. Your completely in the blind spot. They're are other conditions such as this that makes RHD an inconvience for the driver and the drivers on the road. Another example is the direction in which the headlights point, and so on...

-esk
Driving a RHD car is no different from a LHD car. I drive a RHD Soarer everyday without issues. Your really only 3 feet difference from the left hand side on a left hand turn, you should be careful making left hand turns LH or RH of the car if you cant see oncoming traffic.

Back on topic, i don't know how tough importing a Soarer is from Japan, but it was very easy to get mine 6 months ago and there are more and more becoming legal every month. Can you guys buy Canadian cars?
Old 09-27-06, 05:06 AM
Prshrzd
Driver

Originally Posted by BLK13X
Don't cut your current SC in half. If you're going to go that route just import a Soarer into the US and hope for the best. Hey, if you can't get it imported, at least you'll have all the parts for a 1JZ conversion all lined up
yeah dont cut the sc in half if you were to do the conversion just cut the fire wall out with a plasma cutter if you go that route and as the head lights messin with people all you have to do it aim the beam lower and to the right and it fixes the problem like i did in the integra and its a not hard making left hand turns in traffic makes no difference or atleast it didnt effect me at all just my .02 but dont cur the car in half if you were to go that route just import a soarer later, Curt
Old 09-27-06, 06:50 PM
gnats
Driver

The only drive-thru you can use is @ Checkers too!
Old 09-27-06, 09:53 PM
AME_VIP
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It will be no time before you can get a wrecked chassis from Canada. Then convert your sc if you really what RHD.
Old 09-28-06, 12:14 AM
eskinol
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by gnats
The only drive-thru you can use is @ Checkers too!
You can also go to In 'n' Out here in Cali.

-esk
Old 09-28-06, 06:16 AM
Prshrzd
Driver

You can also back in like i did and have people look at you funny i got to find the pics i had my buddy take when i did that everyone was like what the hell and the guy asked me why the hell was i backing in then he saw no the sharpest tool in the shed o well it was fun while i had it later

Curt
Old 09-28-06, 06:34 AM
sc250tt
Lexus Champion

i have a RHD jeep is its fun driving around ,Jus have to get use to switching From RHD to LHD .maby i'll Convert My cars to RHD .
Old 09-28-06, 09:18 PM
junior23
Driver School Candidate

how hard would it to convert it from RHD to LHD? does the firewall have the moutning holes and spots?
Old 10-21-06, 11:05 AM
celm
Pole Position

Originally Posted by DriftNsc3
Thier's a company based in Mississippi and Dallas called fast4wheels.com I've seen /Sskylines that these guys import and thier all in good shape. They are not over priced except on there own cars which they say they will sell for the right price. I doubt they have a Soarer but if contact them maybe they can speical order one or something like that. JJ is in Dallas and Kendell is in MS. Just some info for you.
fast 4 doesnt import cars,they buy JDM cars that other poeple have imported.they title them and resell them.there is a member here who i imported his 5 speed jdm soarer for
Old 12-29-06, 10:57 AM
lfrers
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Since you've done it, what are all the costs involved in importing the soarer. Total & licenced and on the road. (california)

Originally Posted by celm
fast 4 doesnt import cars,they buy JDM cars that other poeple have imported.they title them and resell them.there is a member here who i imported his 5 speed jdm soarer for
Old 12-29-06, 11:10 AM
Lucky SC
Lexus Test Driver

is RHD simply drivers side is the right side?
Old 12-29-06, 11:48 AM
lighthalo
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Lucky SC
is RHD simply drivers side is the right side?
thats it... i dont see the big hype about it, for the money of importing a RHD soarer, ide rather have an SC3 with a 2JZ GTE w/6spd and some coils among other things..
Old 12-29-06, 01:05 PM
Lucky SC
Lexus Test Driver

neither do i then, wont even be street legal

Quick Reply: Converting to RHD or Importing a Soarer Rolling Chasis.... Which is easier...........