SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Converting to RHD or Importing a Soarer Rolling Chasis.... Which is easier...........

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-06, 12:28 AM
llllllllll
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Converting to RHD or Importing a Soarer Rolling Chasis.... Which is easier...........

Which would be easier. I have a friend who flys cargo planes across the world so I'm sure he could smuggle a rolling chasis in for me but it might cost me a little money.... Also I'm sure converting a LHD SC300 to a RHD Soarer might cost a few dollars as well. Has anyone here ever done the conversion or heard of anyone doing this conversion? I would like to know how involved and expensive it is.

Couldn't I just get a Dashboard, center console, transmission, steering linkage from a soarer and swap it into a SC300?
Old 09-26-06, 12:39 AM
eskinol
Lead Lap

I say if you want a RHD soarer, sell yours, put up the extra mulah and just get one imported.

-esk
Old 09-26-06, 01:08 AM
wildrice09
Lead Lap

You can always track down one of the 2 authentic soarers that are already imported into the u.s. and make them an offer they can't refuse.
Old 09-26-06, 01:34 AM
CLNSC3
Lexus Test Driver

i have seen clean rhd conversions, it looks cleaner when you weld in a RHD firewall too. havent seen it done on an sc however
Old 09-26-06, 01:51 AM
DriftNsc3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by wildrice09
You can always track down one of the 2 authentic soarers that are already imported into the u.s. and make them an offer they can't refuse.
Are you sure they only have 2, I think theres more then that. I could be wrong.
Old 09-26-06, 02:50 AM
93SC300.
Lead Lap

honestly i heard there is 3 legal soarers. I guy in my town has one and it sits in his shop. Ive seen it and its started it and we talked about it. Its cool, its green and its in moderate condition. Its RHD and all stock.
Old 09-26-06, 05:18 AM
BiZ
Intermediate

There was a RHD on ebay a few months back. I would just look around for one or have one imported.
Old 09-26-06, 05:30 AM
Mr.Machine
Rookie

Originally Posted by DriftNsc3

i have personally seen 3 in orlando alone....
Old 09-26-06, 05:55 AM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty

Received 74 Likes on 38 Posts

I have a friend who flys cargo planes across the world so I'm sure he could smuggle a rolling chassis in for me but it might cost me a little money....
My father has a small airline in the Florida/Caribbean. I've been on a ton of flights come back into the country many times. Every time (EVERYTIME) Customs is right there watching.
Now I've gotten away with small "pocket-able" items from Jamaica or PRico.
But a car...or even half a car. Unreported, unexplained. No way.
Plus you're buddy who's pilot, would be DONE as a pilot if he got caught.

Your going to have to go the legal route. I don't see how this would happen any other way. There are people on this site who have Soarers.
So it can be done. I've seen JDM EVO's and Skyline's in Chicago alone.

Just ship one over.
Old 09-26-06, 05:56 AM
jdmjzz30
Lead Lap

If you really want a RHD Soarer, I may be able to help you out, since I am in Japan. I can pick one up here and get it to Yokohama and put it on a boat. Then from there all the charges and expenses are on you.
Old 09-26-06, 07:35 AM
Answer300
Racer

Received 50 Likes on 40 Posts

me and my friend got his from a good friend and resource from california. it was not difficult at all to get it done; considering that we had all of the shipping information prior to the car making it there. basically the car has to be disassembled ( motor pulled from the chasis) and shipped. once its in the states all you have to do is re-install the engine and get the legal work done. one thing is for sure; a soarer is a whole lot easier than aristo!
Old 09-26-06, 10:12 AM
SC_coupe
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 28 Posts

IMO theres no point to converting a USDM SC300/400 to RHD..... Not to hate on you, but won't RHD on North american roads just be an inconvenience? If you're thinking of a JDM Soarer, to my knowledge they can only be registered in the US as a race or show car.

If you move to Canada you're set.... 1991 JDM Soarers are perfectly legal, and reasonably priced. Heres a good example. (If only I had $10750...)

http://www.jdmconnection.ca/STOCK21.html

If you end up doing an RHD SC300/400 good luck and be sure to post up pics of the finished product.

Last edited by SC_coupe; 09-26-06 at 10:44 AM.
Old 09-26-06, 10:37 AM
wildrice09
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by DriftNsc3
LOL...I wasn't quoting the exact number of soarers in the states becuase I don't know. I was just giving an expression to emphasize the rarity of the car.
Old 09-26-06, 06:07 PM
DriftNsc3
Lexus Champion

Thier's a company based in Mississippi and Dallas called fast4wheels.com I've seen /Sskylines that these guys import and thier all in good shape. They are not over priced except on there own cars which they say they will sell for the right price. I doubt they have a Soarer but if contact them maybe they can speical order one or something like that. JJ is in Dallas and Kendell is in MS. Just some info for you.
Old 09-26-06, 07:20 PM
Prshrzd
Driver

Originally Posted by SC_coupe
IMO theres no point to converting a USDM SC300/400 to RHD..... Not to hate on you, but won't RHD on North american roads just be an inconvenience? If you're thinking of a JDM Soarer, to my knowledge they can only be registered in the US as a race or show car.

If you move to Canada you're set.... 1991 JDM Soarers are perfectly legal, and reasonably priced. Heres a good example. (If only I had $10750...)

http://www.jdmconnection.ca/STOCK21.html

If you end up doing an RHD SC300/400 good luck and be sure to post up pics of the finished product.
No having a rhd car isnt an inconvenience its acually quite fun messin with people i used to have a rhd integra and i loved pull up next to people and them lookin at you like what the hell but i sold it for my sc300 so im thinkin of importing a Soarer or converting mine to rhd like my integra was well Ill post some pics some girl bought it here in dayton and they ar moving back to FL with it not sure where they are from but here in a year or so it should be back in florida well not trying to jack your thread but here are some pics of it

Quick Reply: Converting to RHD or Importing a Soarer Rolling Chasis.... Which is easier...........