SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

So my car is a "total loss"

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-06, 10:41 PM
CLNSC3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Another wrecked SC! No good! Two weeks ago or so my SC was totalled too. I bought it back for next to nothing and am bringing her back to life! Good luck with everything, I am going through the same ****. I feel your pain!
Old 10-02-06, 11:36 PM
92 SC400
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You're not going to get anymore for the car being a 5 speed as someone already mentioned. Also, the only way to not get the salvaged title it to not go through the insurance company. That means though whatever money you get you'd have to get through the person who hit you. You'll only be able to carry liability only but that wont matter since that is what you had previously anyway. As most said before me, just take the insurance money, but try to get as much as you can and show whatever receipts you can. Take the money fix you car and get those wheels fixed! Those look very nice. Where in CA are you?
Old 10-03-06, 07:48 AM
lfrers
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Hmmm.. Someone should start a wrecked SC picture thread. Seems to be a lot of them. I wercked a 97 NA-T so I feel your pain bro.
Old 10-03-06, 08:02 AM
sc250tt
Lexus Champion

sukks man but if they are gonna totall it ,it will work out better for you .ps if you selling the tails pm me or ill trade you mines
Old 10-03-06, 08:55 AM
MikeFD3S
Lead Lap

I wonder if recently having very VERY expensive service work done to the motor would increase its value...
Old 10-03-06, 08:59 AM
sc250tt
Lexus Champion

might help show them all the service records and show them that the car was well mentained .how knows it might help you out
Old 10-03-06, 09:54 AM
92 SC400
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeFD3S
I wonder if recently having very VERY expensive service work done to the motor would increase its value...
Not without receipts.
Old 10-03-06, 10:08 AM
MikeFD3S
Lead Lap

Luckily, I do have all receipts, + receipts for new leatherseats interior, and many other parts.
Old 10-03-06, 11:02 AM
CLNSC3
Lexus Test Driver

I got some extra money because I put a new tranny in my car 5K before the accident, so if you have reciepts they will give you a little but extra!

-Josh
Old 10-03-06, 01:21 PM
sc1jzgte
Pole Position

I got in a accident a month ago and my ins is salvaging it, im buying it back from them but they arent giving me nearly what its worth. there market report has my car as worth 5,600 stock - buying it back and 1g deductible im hurting. but i have 13,000 worth of reciepts and they are telling me aftermarket doesnt increase the value of the car and they adjusted it 700 for stuff like the new motor and paint but thats it. Im fighting this right now but any advise?
Old 10-03-06, 01:27 PM
MikeFD3S
Lead Lap

Yeah there has to be something more...I'm dealing with the other guys insurance company and i'm sure they will be lowballing the hell out of everything. This is the first time i've ever been in an accident and it's been a major major PITA.

Doesn't seem fair that some guy can just hit you and you get some chump change and get left out to dry. Insurance companies = evil
Old 10-03-06, 01:35 PM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

Received 362 Likes on 251 Posts

Yeah there has to be something more...I'm dealing with the other guys insurance company and i'm sure they will be lowballing the hell out of everything. This is the first time i've ever been in an accident and it's been a major major PITA.

Doesn't seem fair that some guy can just hit you and you get some chump change and get left out to dry. Insurance companies = evil
Indeed, thats why Liability Only coverage sucks.

full coverage and you'd be sitting pretty, but of course you'd have like a 4054542% higher premium. I am switching to Liability Only coverage starting in January, can't afford full coverage anymore. Two year's worth of full coverage premiums and it's just about the value of my car ROFL.
Old 10-03-06, 03:40 PM
MikeFD3S
Lead Lap

Yeah with full coverage the costs outweigh the benefits when dealing with older cars like our SC's. Even in the event that something happens and you need that insurance, they'll still **** you around and you'll never get what you're owed.

My family had Allstate house+auto insurance for 25+ years...and paid a pretty penny for it. Probably cumulatively paid close to a half million dollars over 25 years on insurance...our house was broken into and theives stole perhaps 25k in jewelry and they screwed us...we also had a garage fire which did proably 100k in damage (lost property/antiques)...completely screwed again with the payout...they even had the audacity to drop our coverage after it happened. I know they're a business, but I can't help but hate them after that.

>
Old 10-04-06, 06:32 AM
sc250tt
Lexus Champion

Yeah with full coverage the costs outweigh the benefits when dealing with older cars like our SC's. Even in the event that something happens and you need that insurance, they'll still **** you around and you'll never get what you're owed.

My family had Allstate house+auto insurance for 25+ years...and paid a pretty penny for it. Probably cumulatively paid close to a half million dollars over 25 years on insurance...our house was broken into and theives stole perhaps 25k in jewelry and they screwed us...we also had a garage fire which did proably 100k in damage (lost property/antiques)...completely screwed again with the payout...they even had the audacity to drop our coverage after it happened. I know they're a business, but I can't help but hate them after that.

>
and that alstate dude always come at the end of the commercial asking" ARE YOU IN GOOD HANDS" now i know which insurance company not to choose
Old 10-04-06, 07:17 AM
lfrers
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Their advertizing was not wasted on you bro. hehe
Allstate blows. They wanted to give me like 11k for a 97 sc300 w 60k mi. KBB was like 13k. I ended up getting much more after arguing with them for almost two months. If your not happy with what they are offering you then don't take there initial offers of settlment. Take it up the chain show all recipts. You should get fair KBB plus a decent percentage of money you had invested. Really a pain in the ***. And yes. They raised my rate by 80%.
I guess I had that coming since i'm on my 3rd SC. Damn, I just realized I have homeowners through them too.

Quick Reply: So my car is a "total loss"