SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Pulled over for 90MPH!

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-01, 05:34 PM
moshlub
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Talking Pulled over for 90MPH!

Just like to share this story with all of you.

Last Friday, on my way to work, I was cruising along at 85+ MPH, when I passed an unmarked car but equipped with inside lights. It was a silver late-model Ford Crown Victoria. While I was passing him, I looked straight at him, and think I pissed him off.

Anyway, so I punched it. It wasn't until I was half a mile ahead of him that he decided to come after me. He came up fast and turned on his lights. I pulled over across 4 lanes and stopped on the right shoulder. He got out of his vehicle and came up. He was wearing regular civilian clothes. But he had a pistol, a cell phone, a radio, and a badge on his belt. I rolled down my passenger side window when he came up.

"Do you own this vehicle?" were the first words out of his mouth. I'm Asian and I am 29 years old, but could easily pass for 25 years old. Hehehe ... so I answered him, "yes." A little bit nervous, not knowing what to do, because I don't know what I would do with a speeding ticket.

Anyway, he says, "I need to see your license," in a firm voice. I took it out of my wallet and handed it to him. He asks, "Is this your current address?" I tell him no. I handed him my insurance paper and tell him the current address is on that. He then questions me if I was aware of my speed. I told him I thought I was doing about 70 or 75. He said, "You weren't paying attention to your speedometer at all, were you? You were driving about 90. What do you think you were doing 90 in this type of traffic that isn't gonna lead you anywhere anyway?" I just apologized. He took my license and insurance card back to his car.

He sat there for about 10 minutes, talking on his CB radio. At some point in time, he backed up his car. Maybe he did it to take a good look at my license plate. Hehehehe. Anyway, he finally came back.

"Would you be happy to get away with a speeding ticket?" he questions. I stuttered. He says, "I had my dispatch run you up, and she says you had a recent speeding ticket and an accident." I'm surprised. My accident was some time ago, and it wasn't even my fault. He asks me again how I would feel about a speeding ticket. I again stuttered. He tells me, "I don't feel like writing you a speeding ticket today, so I'm not going to write you one. But only if you keep your speed down." I agreed happily. He says, "Let's try to keep it down to say ... about ... 89, okay?" Hehehehe ... I laughed. He says, "Promise?" I agreed. He gave me back my stuff and was on my way.

Getting back on the freeway, he passes me and I notice his license plate. It was a regular plate, complete with registration stickers and all.

Lesson learned: Know who you're dealing with.
Old 10-15-01, 05:54 PM
VQT
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

CA cop didn't give a speeding ticket That's rare. They never gave me a break when I live in LA.:eek:
Old 10-15-01, 07:13 PM
moshlub
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well ... that's the thing. He wasn't a cop.

Since he had a civilian license plate, he was either:

1. under-cover cop -- usually they don't bother with traffic; they have better things to do;

2. CIA/FBI -- same thing as above; but usually these guys have CA exempt plates (no stickers, and usually has diamond with an E, or has EXEMPT on the plates);

3. bounty hunters -- they cannot give traffic tickets; they have to call and wait for a cop;

Bottom line, he wasn't a cop. He just wanted to check me out. That's why first thing he asked, "Do you own this car?" And he told me to keep under 90 -- about 89.
Old 10-16-01, 06:19 PM
machinegt
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thats weird, did he have a uniform/badge anything??
Old 10-16-01, 07:49 PM
relapse
Rookie

i just got a ticket last saturday...

65 in a 40... it was pass curfew...

im cruising my way home.. im going about 50 in the 40... i look up in my rear-view mirror and i see somebody tailgating me w/o their headlights on...

i speed up to get him off my ***... i didnt change lanes because my turn was only a block ahead...

as soon as i speed up, he turns on his headlights sirens me and i pull over. sigh. cops = bull isht.

i didnt get a ticket for curfew, so i'm thankful for that.. but he was just being an *** to me i wrote on my ticket that i own an LS400... he asked for my insurance and when i put my arm out to hand it to him he walks off and goes to his car... he goes around my car and inspects everything... luckily i have a front plate :/

anyways... 65 in a 40.. im gonna fight it.

you lucked out. peace. drive safely.
Old 10-16-01, 08:31 PM
LexRX
RX 300 & 350Z Guru

moshlub, sounds like an interesting experience. I wonder if he pulled you over because it seemed like you were running from him for some reason. Glad to hear he wasn't too much of a *****. I wish some police officers would have such an attidute with some people they pull over, they may get a better response

Good to hear you didn't get a ticket....89...lol
Old 10-17-01, 04:23 PM
the_ez_rhino
Lead Lap

I dont think that fbi/cia can pull you over... they dont even have lights in there cars do they? I know fbi does some copwork, but cia is most all out of nation affairs. at least he was cool about it. As for that story about the 60 in the 45 or whatever, the one where he had his lights off, thats complete bull****, I wouldnt want some crazyass with no headlights on following me, Id speed the hell off to. I woulda given that cop hell.... that should be an easy one to win though, its complete bull****...... Cops are bastards, last traffic ticket I got was a "excessive acceleration ticket", right, anyways to make a long story short he said he "heard" my tires squealing coming into a parking lot, when it was RAINING outside, eventually I ended up being arrested and Im now being charged with some crazy *** bull****, inciting a riot, excessive acceleration, assault on a p.o., resisting arrest and some other bull**** all because they were harassing me and being ***** to me about it, so after about 15 minutes of there bull**** lectures and yelling I started yelling back, and I wound up with that. The worst thing about it is you know why they were f-ing with me? Cuz Im 16 and I drive an SC, end of story...... Still gotta go to court for that one.... Im thinking about taking them to court after though....

Good luck

Jason