SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Key stuck in door lock - female driver at mercy of AAA

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-06, 09:13 PM
PERRYinLA
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Key stuck in door lock - female driver at mercy of AAA

I met Hildi at a gas station a few years ago- she has a green 92 SC400 and we struck up a conversation. She lives near me so I see her a few times a year when her trunk shocks die or when she needs new wiper blades- stuff like that. I got the following email from her yesterday, submitted for your reading enjoyment:

Hi ya Perry...first it's the antenna, then my right window won't go up and down...no sound of motor nothin' and then today, another winner!!! I did not close my door completely so my interior lite was on all nite, put my key in the door lock and guess what...it's stuck, yup, can't get it out no how...used my other key to get into the car...AAA came to give me a charge, but guess what again...with the key in the locked position car won't take a charge. Have a locksmith coming over now to see if he can get the key out without breaking it. If he can't, all I can think of is to have AAA tow me to Lexus and see what they can do!!! I know what I should do if I can get it started...drive it off a cliff!!! HHHHHEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPP! Beside the lock and window, Lexus will charge me a fortune. I give up .... Hildi

I talked to her on the phone today and she said a good locksmith finally came over this morning and he told that her mistake was not closing the door fully before she stuck her key in it. He got the key out and all is well- except for her window and antenna (broken mast). But those she can live with for now.