SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

My soarer pics

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-06, 09:39 AM
1badsoarer
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

TY...the more I read posts/replies in this place, the more I love japan. There is a percentage of people in here who make it their business to point out any and everything about a person/car/situation, etc. The fact of the matter is, the people that are so immature on here tend to be the ones with a stock SC300 with some wheels and some audio. That wont win you a car show anywhere in the world. They are also stock performance-wise. That wont win you a race anywhere in the world. Basically, these people are worthless. They need to get off the mindset that owning a SC300 elevates you about the rest of the auto world. Sorry, just ranting. I've been around nearly every car scene possible, and for the most part, idiot americans like the ones I mentioned are the worst.
Old 10-14-06, 10:56 AM
ConSynX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

didn't see you ran the hks f-cn v pro...
i wanted to, but i don't have a local tuner for that incase i can't do it...i had to go power fc, although everything else i plan to have HKS, kind of stick out, ya know?

wanna find me some cheap stuff in Okinawa and ship it here
i've seen videos inside some stores over there, freakin rediculous.
Old 10-14-06, 04:51 PM
1badsoarer
Driver

Yeah, it's a common misconception about some stuff though. Used and stock type parts are super cheap, but some new parts are actually cheaper in the states. I'm trying to learn everything I can about the V pro system so maybe I might be able to tune on my own by time I go back to the states. I'm bring back a small army in car parts when I leave. So far I have around 6 turbos, 4 sets of wheels, a 2jz, a sr20, a couple transmissions, a ton of electronics and other crap.
Old 10-14-06, 05:27 PM
bens sc
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 1badsoarer
TY...the more I read posts/replies in this place, the more I love japan. There is a percentage of people in here who make it their business to point out any and everything about a person/car/situation, etc. The fact of the matter is, the people that are so immature on here tend to be the ones with a stock SC300 with some wheels and some audio. That wont win you a car show anywhere in the world. They are also stock performance-wise. That wont win you a race anywhere in the world. Basically, these people are worthless. They need to get off the mindset that owning a SC300 elevates you about the rest of the auto world. Sorry, just ranting. I've been around nearly every car scene possible, and for the most part, idiot americans like the ones I mentioned are the worst.

me personally the hood is not my style but i do like the rest of the car very much! you do what makes you happy with your car i think its totally fine. also good work on the power im shooting for thoes numbers shortly.
Old 10-16-06, 11:06 AM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

Not feelin' the hood..maybe it's functional...but overall, your car is BADASS!!
Old 10-16-06, 09:39 PM
ichibanjap
Rookie

Where are you stationed? Who do you hang out with over there? I try to go every year to visit family and know a couple of people that live there. Ever go to the recycle lot on Foster?

BTw nice car, i know how easy it is to get a free car over there. Also how do you like the HKS drag strip lol?
Old 10-16-06, 09:48 PM
CLNSC3
Lexus Test Driver

That car is hot! Which front bumper is that? I like it
Old 10-17-06, 01:09 AM
PRESIDENT
Driver School Candidate

Love the rims !!!!

They're the same as mine
Old 10-17-06, 01:10 AM
1badsoarer
Driver

Originally Posted by ichibanjap
Where are you stationed? Who do you hang out with over there? I try to go every year to visit family and know a couple of people that live there. Ever go to the recycle lot on Foster?

BTw nice car, i know how easy it is to get a free car over there. Also how do you like the HKS drag strip lol?
I'm stationed at kadena. I hang with quite a bit of people. I know most ppl into cars on this island, seeing how i've been here 3 years lol. It's pretty easy to get a free car and the HKS strip is a tad slippery.
Old 10-17-06, 05:16 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Well i've been reading around this forum for some time, and it seems to me that greater percentage of the owners on here are only worried about 1 thing. Looks. I would even go so far as to say that I've seen people on here that think the sc300 is better than most cars because it's a lexus. I own 7 cars right now, 4 of which are pre 72 chevy's. I'm all about function over form. The people that tend to be the most nit-picky about a cars appearance have cars that that aren't much at all...
A few of us gave your car some props. I don't have to like everything about it to appreciate the overall work. Then you had to spoil it with these harsh words. You like creating power...great. Don't knock those of us who care more for looks. This is a luxury car...first and foremost.
Old 10-18-06, 05:46 PM
Dumbfanboy
Driver School Candidate

So since YOU think its a luxury car it is? and he is barking up the wrong tree by defending himself and his pov?
That doesn't fly with me.
Its like mk IV supra owners who think they own supercars.

SCs are as much luxury cars as the owners want them to be...

BTW, the car is bad. I wouldnt care for the hood if I didn't know the car was fast, but then again, what else is one to assume when you see a fatty front mount and the ghetto fabbed air scoop. The car is awesome. Props.

Last edited by Dumbfanboy; 10-18-06 at 05:49 PM.
Old 10-18-06, 05:54 PM
audi2nr
Lexus Test Driver

I have it because my intake is in the corner of my underhood area. I mean pushed up against the body of the car. It has next to no air circulation there. Function over form my friend. Although I appreciate having a show quality car, this is not it. This is a drag/track car. I have other cars for looking good and not going fast.

WORD to that man! function over form. nice car
Old 10-18-06, 05:54 PM
Technics
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

People crack me up, taking shots on the hood of a car that puts down 455RWHP.

Nice soarer, keep doing your thing.
Old 10-19-06, 03:18 AM
1badsoarer
Driver

I appreciate it...I used to be like them though. I would flame people over the smallest things too. Then one day i matured car-wise and adopted a live and let live style. If someone mods a car to THEIR taste, more power too them. I no long look down on so called "ricers". They are just expressing themselves in the only way they know how to WITH limited knowledge. I know we've ALL done ricer mods. When i was 18 with my 84 camaro, i put in those autozone blue seat covers, floor mats and steering wheel. It looked HIDEOUS...lol
Old 10-19-06, 04:42 PM
ichibanjap
Rookie

You know John Rathbone, he works at Typhoon motors? I'm assuming you know fatdaddy, Chris with the hachi ect....

Quick Reply: My soarer pics