SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Truly a sad day.....

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-06, 07:18 AM
NAZTY97
Lead Lap

Received 38 Likes on 20 Posts
Cool Truly a sad day.....

....The 97 SC400, dropped and mos' pimpin' will be decommissioned sometime this week. I almost feel like a retirement ceremony is in order. My coupe has given me a good 5yrs of service, virtually maintenence free ( outside of tune ups and brakes ). It has gotten a lot of chicks to act bad from it's inaugural ride to current (....some of them.......reeeeeeeeeeal bad... ), and it has become a familiar face here in Tx, from Austin to H-town up to Dallas. I am going to miss my baby!!

It has been replaced with a pearlwhite 2006 GS300,...which will be gettin' it's facelift / drop / shoes before it even gets to come outside and be seen by the world. It has a legacy to follow,...so it must be done correct from jump!

The SC400 has been a helluva all around car,....no complaints, outside of "they could have left room for a turbo w/o having to do a SC400TT - Ryan project". I got tired of waiting for a turbo kit, which is totally why I bought this car,...so now it's time to move on,.... but fear not,... a sports car is slated for in about 2 - 4 yrs,... along the lines of Aston Martin. Who knows...might buy a SC300 and do the swap before then.

...and just a shout out to my SC brotheren, ya'll have been really helpful in the moddin' arena, and just general useful information. Some of the other model forums,...not nearly as close as us,....hopefully that'll change.
Attached Thumbnails Truly a sad day.....-nite-and-day2.jpg  

Last edited by NAZTY97; 10-16-06 at 07:21 AM.
Old 10-16-06, 07:23 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

A moment of silence for the retirement of a PDW SC

Thank You.
Old 10-16-06, 11:25 AM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hear ya Greg I hear ya...if I could ever again get used to the idea of "car payments" in my life I'd go out and get something new as well, but right now no thanks...my ol' SC takes a beating in the city so I know I'd go ballistic if I got something brand spankin' new and it got damaged

Take it easy man, visit often
Old 10-16-06, 03:32 PM
DriftNsc3
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Goodluck with the GS3 man. What are you going to do with the sc4?
Old 10-16-06, 07:43 PM
IronCobra
Lexus Champion

Awesome choice for a replacement! I too would get a new car if I wanted another car payment.

I'm enjoying my truck though I guess I should.. I live in Texas
Old 10-16-06, 11:17 PM
CLNSC3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gorgeous car man, good luck with the GS!
Old 10-17-06, 12:03 AM
NAZTY97
Lead Lap

Aston Martin or an SC3.....sounds like there is some missing logic in there...If you could ever foresee affording an Aston Martin what exactly was your need for selling your "oh so loved SC4"

Whatever...

Good luck with your GS3 what's in the plans for her ?
SC3 would be just a "toy" to boost,... not a substitute for the Aston....

I am selling the SC4, because as it stands TODAY,... there is no need for a third vehicle ( maintanence, insurance, and lack of interest in dumpin any more money into that car, especially since i've accumulated 210K miles on it ). It's not an issue of affordability, as I do own my own business. I have other priorities right now, like building my Aston Martin level home....and payin' off the new GS in a year or so,... as well as expanding my business,.... I could buy an SC300 in cash now and do the swap,....but that's not my interest today.

For the GS300, I have already bought some 20 x 8.5 / 20 x 10 rims, Tanabe NF210 springs, and I'm designing a system for it, and exploring my options as far as performance upgrades.

What are you going to do with the sc4?
I traded it to get rid of it.

Last edited by NAZTY97; 10-17-06 at 12:07 AM.
Old 10-17-06, 12:27 AM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

aww too bad you are retiring it. Looks really nice. You will love the 06 GS. I know I do.
Old 10-17-06, 01:16 AM
Baoser
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

damn....good luck with your new GS, hope to see you in the SC family again soon though =)
Old 10-17-06, 06:35 AM
IronCobra
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by NAZTY97
SC3 would be just a "toy" to boost,... not a substitute for the Aston....

I am selling the SC4, because as it stands TODAY,... there is no need for a third vehicle ( maintanence, insurance, and lack of interest in dumpin any more money into that car, especially since i've accumulated 210K miles on it ). It's not an issue of affordability, as I do own my own business. I have other priorities right now, like building my Aston Martin level home....and payin' off the new GS in a year or so,... as well as expanding my business,.... I could buy an SC300 in cash now and do the swap,....but that's not my interest today.

For the GS300, I have already bought some 20 x 8.5 / 20 x 10 rims, Tanabe NF210 springs, and I'm designing a system for it, and exploring my options as far as performance upgrades.

I traded it to get rid of it.
It's been a while, but don't you own a home theater business?
Old 10-17-06, 07:15 AM
NAZTY97
Lead Lap

It's been a while, but don't you own a home theater business?
Yes sir,...and it's been growing very rapidly in the right clientele... NFL, NBA, PGA, and generally rich business owners / hi level exec's. I still get the general populus too,... but being I dj for promotors, who are also my friends / customers, the two business feed each other. My promoters who do MILKSHAKE at th M Bar downtown, have a rapper or athlete EVERY week there as guest, and both promoters are customers and friends of mine...so that's easy instant referrals to 'whomever' .

I am in regards to my purchase, buying beneath my level of income, trying to be responsible, because anyone with business sense, knows it flucuates, and you can't be living at your limit, and expect to stay viable through slow periods.

IronCobra, what part of Tx are you in now? Austin, DFW, Waco / Killen or H-town?
Old 10-17-06, 07:21 AM
NAZTY97
Lead Lap

damn....good luck with your new GS, hope to see you in the SC family again soon though =)
You never know.... I really like the SC ( especially 97+ ), as it is a good balance of a luxury car / sports car. It ain't the fastest by any means,...but a good performer ( SC400 stock ) and has infinite potential ( SC300 ). My car still got VIP love from the valet... up front with the Ferrari's, Porsche's, Benz's at spots like Belvedere or the Galleria... most people told me, they rarely ever saw one fixed up, dropped, and clean for it's age..... most thought it was newer than what it was.

Like I said... I know my curiousity, won't allow me not to browse through this forum. I tell you, this is one of the most active "model based" forums on this board....and for the most part, cohesive... I've seen a few haters come and go,... but that's with anything.
Old 10-17-06, 09:52 AM
IronCobra
Lexus Champion

Yes sir,...and it's been growing very rapidly in the right clientele... NFL, NBA, PGA, and generally rich business owners / hi level exec's. I still get the general populus too,... but being I dj for promotors, who are also my friends / customers, the two business feed each other. My promoters who do MILKSHAKE at th M Bar downtown, have a rapper or athlete EVERY week there as guest, and both promoters are customers and friends of mine...so that's easy instant referrals to 'whomever' .

I am in regards to my purchase, buying beneath my level of income, trying to be responsible, because anyone with business sense, knows it flucuates, and you can't be living at your limit, and expect to stay viable through slow periods.

IronCobra, what part of Tx are you in now? Austin, DFW, Waco / Killen or H-town?

That's awesome bro! I'm glad it's going well for you. I did the same thing for a while in Florida but handed the business off to my business partner. Very hard work!

I'm in Corpus Christi, TX now, I was relocated here 9 months ago. Only a few hours south from you..

Last edited by IronCobra; 10-17-06 at 10:04 AM.
Old 10-17-06, 02:44 PM
NAZTY97
Lead Lap

I'm in Corpus Christi, TX now, I was relocated here 9 months ago. Only a few hours south from you..
that's funny... i actually have been in/outta Corpus a lot lately, as I have a friend/customer that is a lobbyist (R) down there. I did their house. It's in Kingsland (???) off of Staples on Bar-le-doc E. I belive Oso is the street that is the entrance to the neighborhood. The are like 5 min's from Utopia.

Pretty upscale gated community.
Old 10-17-06, 03:20 PM
IronCobra
Lexus Champion

that's funny... i actually have been in/outta Corpus a lot lately, as I have a friend/customer that is a lobbyist (R) down there. I did their house. It's in Kingsland (???) off of Staples on Bar-le-doc E. I belive Oso is the street that is the entrance to the neighborhood. The are like 5 min's from Utopia.

Pretty upscale gated community.
Kings Crossing? or Perhaps the neighborhood directly across from it. That is the nicest area in town. On a Golf Course?

Utopia's is Nice.. I'm there alot. You should try D-Lounge.. it's in the plaza next to Utopia.

I actually live like 2 minutes from Utopia and Kings Crossing.

Last edited by IronCobra; 10-17-06 at 03:24 PM.

Quick Reply: Truly a sad day.....