SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

general pricing on 97 SC300

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-01, 08:07 PM
DIrEctQL
Chicago Lexus Club Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by The Ikon
Let us know once ya' do... Is the place in Chicago or someplace else. Who installed your unit?

How much is dyno time up there?

So many ???'s, but it is CL...

Thanks guy..
The place is APG Performance in Wood Dale, IL (suburb of Chicago). 2Lexos told me about and when I called these guys sounded cool. I recommend speaking to Alex at APG. He'll explain everything well and fair. My Apexi S-AFC was installed by Sound Performance. They're getting a dyno this or next month, but I can't wait, so APG here I come. I'm going either on Thursday after work or Saturday sometime. Anyone wanna tag along? They said it will cost me between 100 and 130 bucks to dyno it and adjust the S-AFC. He said they'll provide fuel and it takes usually an hour.
Old 10-23-01, 08:12 PM
DIrEctQL
Chicago Lexus Club Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: no pic?

Originally posted by jaycee26
can't see the pic? I can. I'll email it to you if u r interested.

No plan on a turbo ... yet. Financially strapped right now ... basically jobless! I will have to see how things go.

Sad, I know, but unfortunately true.
Yeoup, I saw the link to the Yahoo! Album. Not bad. I just hate your stock rims. I like mine but they're too small, only 16s. Ehhh. But, none of the less, very nice!!! You are lucky it was free!!!

It's okay man, you can wait for a turbo. It will give you something to dream about. Mmmm. 600 rwhp!!! Money will come somehow, it always does. Heheh.
Old 10-24-01, 06:56 AM
The Ikon
Lexus Champion

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally posted by Legends6spd
I was considering the SC400. but it doesn't have a stick and I want a manual.
Here's the other problem, the car is being sold as private party. He bought it only 5,000 miles (half a year) ago and it was Lexus Certified (for 3 years/10,000 miles).
So he said there's still 2.5 years left on the warranty, and that plays a factor in the price we negotiated.
Now, today I called the lexus dealer where this car was certified. The manager there said that the certified warranty IS NOT transferable. Meaning if I buy the car, then I wont get the rest of the 2.5 year warranty. That sounds ridiculous. Is this true? Also the dealer said if you had bought an EXTENDED warranty, THEN it would've been transferable.
Can anyone confirm this?
please help!!!
Really, then what's the point of even buying a certified vehicle from a private party anyway?

Everyone just wants to make an extra buck!!! Extended warr. is transferable but certfied is not! These are both warranties are not they(to a certain extent)?

Go to a private party and get a great car at a great price!!! Where do ya' think dealers get their used cars from! Buy an extended warranty from one of those companies I linked you to. PRESTO!!! You have a "new" Lexus coupe in your driveway...

Direct, thanks for the info!!!
Old 10-24-01, 05:59 PM
Lance
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the SC400 has NO aftermarket save for a TC, shift kit, exhaust, intake, NOS, etc... there are NO fast SC400s around... i don't consider a 13.8 fast at all; you're just barely competing with a bone stock Mustang GT that way...
Bean, did you even bother reading what I wrote? I (and I'm not alone in this) don't think of the SCs as sports cars. I have no interest in "competing" with Mustangs, bone stock or otherwise in my Lexus. Apples to oranges. There isn't much in the way of "mods" for the SC400 because most people who purchase one appreciate it for what it is--a large, smooth, powerful grand tourer. It's not a track toy.

if i'm understanding what you're saying, then you're saying the civic and mustang are the best and most desirable cars? HAH
WTF?? Actually, I was merely stating that a strong aftermarket support does not indicate a "better" and/or the "desirability" of a particular car. The main thrust of your arguments seem to center around the idea that the SC300 is a "better" car because a large number of SUPRA parts just happen to work on the SC300. The Civic has a HUGE aftermarket base--do you think it's better than your Lexus?

Turbo setups aren't that expensive... in fact, i bet its almost the difference between values of say a SC300 5-speed and a SC400 of the same year and mileage...
Possibly, if you consider an INITIAL investment of $5000 or so to be inexpensive. If you're talking about performance gains per dollar spent, I have a Supra TT that runs 11's on $500 in mods. If you think that the last sentence was off subject, then I suggest that you reconsider the bone-stock-SC400-VS-SC300-with carzy amount of mods thinking.

Don't EVER think your 400 is better in everything than a 300 because its not, that suggests you look down upon the 300 series cars. Your cars are more luxurious, but as I stated before, and I have my evidence that I have seen with my OWN eyes, the SC300 5-speed is FASTER than the SC400 stock,
Did you happen to notice the last couple of sentences in my post? I said that BOTH SCs are great cars. Not once did I say that I "look down" on the SC300. If you got that from FACTS (like the FACT that the 400 is FASTER in ALL regards), then you have a problem with facts, not with my comments. As far as you beating down SC400s left and right....well, no comment.

this assumption about 400series cars being better than the 300series is the same as a Cobra owner who spends $32k on his brand new Mustang Cobra and thinks its better in every way possible than Chevy's middle model Z28... fact is, a Cobra is dog slow compared to a Z28, and it handles marginally better...
What assumption? Do YOU not consider smoother, more powerful, faster, and more luxurious as being part of "better"? The SC400 is all those things in spades over the SC300--and it's NOT an opinion. True, the SC300 has a stick. Wow. If all the attributes I listed are secondary to wanting to shift yourself, maybe Lexus isn't the car for you.

As far the the Mustang VS Camero analogy, you're WAY off. We're not comparing two different cars from two different companies. Don't you think that the Mustang COBRA is "better" than the base V-6 Mustang? If you answered yes, apply that logic here.

Lance
98 SC400--FOR CRUISING
95 SUPRA TT--FOR "COMPETING" WITH RUSTANGS