SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Stolen SC !!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-06, 04:04 PM
Technics
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Idrewfelix
A simple $2 hidden switch can prevent even the most greatest of car thieves..

Sorry for your loss though, I wouldn't imagine what I would do if someone stole my SC.

Im assuming insurance will take care of things?
$2 cutoff or bypass switch is useless against a tow truck. Bottom line is if they want your car they WILL get it. It's happened to be people with the best armed systems and hidden switches.
Old 10-24-06, 08:06 PM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

Ohh no way. I cant believe that happened! Im sorry to hear about your loss. I hope you get some good news soon.
Old 10-24-06, 08:44 PM
XSTeknique
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm so sorry to hear that. I actually lived in the Pembroke Pines are for 16 years so I kinda feel like this happened close to me. I second the opinion to beat the thieves ***. Hope you find it!
Old 10-25-06, 05:07 AM
JUST IS
Pole Position

Wayne, you know if I see anything, I might kill them first. What a stupid MF this person is. Had to be someone who knew about it. I personally would trace back all the people I either talked to about parts I needed or told that I was putting a 1JZ swap. I will keep my eyes pealed and my ears open. I am sure you will have other members doing the same, checking places like Ebay, Craigslist, Bargain news and any other place they look or go to for there cars. You should post this in the other fourms too. (i.e. Supra Forums, My.IS, etc...) Keep us updated on what is happening.
Old 10-25-06, 08:35 AM
Chawk60
Pole Position

Wayne, Sorry about your ride! I saw it at NOPI when you took these photos with SELOC. Unfortunately, I understand your pain to a lesser extent, because some *%$^#& broke out my passenger window, stole my in-dash unit (like Clive's) and busted up my custom fab'd console last week. Maybe it's better I didn't catch him, as I might have been writing this from jail now. I hope you are able to make a expeditious recovery.
Old 10-25-06, 02:04 PM
wayne
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks for the kind words guys. As of now, I haven't heard anything. I'm starting to give up hope of finding it in one peice.
Old 10-25-06, 10:51 PM
dinhNER
Lexus Test Driver

damn that sucks sorry to hear about that
Old 10-28-06, 09:06 PM
wayne
Lexus Test Driver

Checked with the people at Sunpass and they said the last time my Sunpass was used at 2:27am on Monday morning at the last major toll booth on the Turnpike in Homestead. They got on the Turnpike at 57th Ave. at 1:57am and went thru the tollbooth in Homestead at 2:27 am. My car's probably toast by now.

Last edited by wayne; 10-28-06 at 09:10 PM.
Old 10-28-06, 09:13 PM
DryBlaze
Lexus Test Driver

Oh man, sorry hear the bad news. I really hope you can find it in one piece.
Old 10-28-06, 09:45 PM
SC400DRFT
Driver

Wayne, I'm sorry about what happened to your car. I feal your pain, before I bought my SC my 240sx got stolen about 2 hours after I finished with an SR20 swap and I was crushed. I really hope that you find your car or able to get a new one..best of luck...Ethan
Old 10-28-06, 10:07 PM
Mkiv94tt
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by wayne
Checked with the people at Sunpass and they said the last time my Sunpass was used at 2:27am on Monday morning at the last major toll booth on the Turnpike in Homestead. They got on the Turnpike at 57th Ave. at 1:57am and went thru the tollbooth in Homestead at 2:27 am. My car's probably toast by now.
Wayne,
I'm posting this here as well as SF.com, because i know you frequent this site more than SF.com...
Hmmmm, I wonder if they were able to Hot wire it? Sunpass still would have gone off of if they had the car on a flat bed ... Damn that sucks... Well, here's a thought... If it only went off at the 57th ave and Homestead tolls, that means it didn't go off at the Okeechobee toll or the 40th st tolls, so you violated the toll and they took a pict of the car... Worth a shot to see if they snapped a pict at either of those 2 tolls wayne...
Good luck and keep us posted..

Dan

Last edited by Mkiv94tt; 10-29-06 at 07:14 AM.
Old 10-29-06, 06:08 AM
sc250tt
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Mkiv94tt
Wayne,
I'm posting this here as well as SF.com, because i know you frequent this site more than SF.com...
Hmmmm, I wonder if they were able to Hot wire it? Sunpass still would have gone off of if they had the car on a flat bed ... Damn that sucks... Well, here's a thought... If it only went off at the 57th ave and Homestead tolls, that means it didn't go off at the Okeechobee toll or the 40th st tolls, so you violated the toll and they took a pict of the car... Worth a shot to see if they snapped a pict at either of those 2 tolls wayne...
Good luck and keep us posted..

Dan
its worth doing .i think they towed it .did your car have a factory alarm? if so i dont think its easy to bypass a sc alarm
Old 10-29-06, 06:12 AM
Chawk60
Pole Position

Wayne, in that same vein, you may want to check any place that has security cameras near intersections immediately around your house. They may have recorded a shot of the tow truck, driver (s), etc.
Old 10-29-06, 06:44 AM
markesc
Lead Lap

They should have public executions for car thieves in this country!!
Old 10-29-06, 07:40 AM
ki_soarer
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you can access the turnpike cams on line. just do a google search. im not sure if you can review past dates, but if you emailed someone there, they may be able to review those times. i tried really quick, and i wasnt able to get any of them to work. i just wish there was something we could do.

Quick Reply: Stolen SC !!!!!!!