Stolen SC !!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-06, 08:05 AM
wayne
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mkiv94tt
Wayne,
I'm posting this here as well as SF.com, because i know you frequent this site more than SF.com...
Hmmmm, I wonder if they were able to Hot wire it? Sunpass still would have gone off of if they had the car on a flat bed ... Damn that sucks... Well, here's a thought... If it only went off at the 57th ave and Homestead tolls, that means it didn't go off at the Okeechobee toll or the 40th st tolls, so you violated the toll and they took a pict of the car... Worth a shot to see if they snapped a pict at either of those 2 tolls wayne...
Good luck and keep us posted..

Dan

It did also register at Okeechobee and Bird Road tollbooth.
Old 10-30-06, 09:56 AM
sgv_bum
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lexusboy94
its worth doing .i think they towed it .did your car have a factory alarm? if so i dont think its easy to bypass a sc alarm
if they towed your car ... most likely they broke into your car ..open your hood unplug neg. battery plug so your factory alarm wont go off then push your car out of the drive then down the street so you wont hear the tow truck sound lifting your car up or had a copy of your key push you car down the street and start it up so you wont hear your car turn on... thats what they did to my buddy with his car they push it down the street and started it up so he wont hear his exhaust when it start up .. everything was on camera when they pushed the car out of the drive way.
Old 10-30-06, 06:51 PM
markesc
Lead Lap

Angry

People who steal cars should have thier hands chopped off, or they should have some real punishment, they only do it because they won't get caught, I bet if we had public executions of these dumb___ idiots, then they might think twice.

I'm just curious how the mind of a car thief works? do they even think at all? is it the thrill? just the money? and if they want money so bad, whynot commit a real crime?

Anyways, I'd have zero remorse if they just shot these people in public.
Old 10-30-06, 06:53 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Geez man, I'm so sorry to find out about this. I know its a tough situation but I wish you the best and hope you can at least find out who did it.
Old 10-30-06, 07:09 PM
sgv_bum
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by markesc
People who steal cars should have thier hands chopped off, or they should have some real punishment, they only do it because they won't get caught, I bet if we had public executions of these dumb___ idiots, then they might think twice.

I'm just curious how the mind of a car thief works? do they even think at all? is it the thrill? just the money? and if they want money so bad, whynot commit a real crime?

Anyways, I'd have zero remorse if they just shot these people in public.

the mind of a car thieft .. they use some parts on there car..for the money.... they know all the aftermarket parts is easy to sell also its hard to trace back cause its aftermarket stuff..they know noone wants to pay full retail price for stuff and they sell it to other motorsports... for the thrill part they could damage the car and **** it up cause it aint there car also tell everyone they gta a lexus. its like a game see who could jack the most cars and which ones.....the only reason why they dont commit a real crime cause they get lesser time with stealing cars you could do anything from 6 months to 2yrs or house arrest for a year for boosting cars ...
Old 10-30-06, 09:11 PM
dejacky
Lexus Test Driver

Angry

Wayne,
go to your local authories and aquire ALL video footage around the time/day your car was stolen from nearby street intersection video cameras...hell even stores nearby. I wish you the best. When this idiot is caught (wouldn't be suprised he lurks on the forums), please execute the full punishment possible.
Old 10-31-06, 03:55 AM
19ES250
Lead Lap

So sorry to hear that bud, I like the gold color, really pops in the sun.
Old 10-31-06, 05:38 AM
wayne
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks for the advice and words of comfort guys. The address where the car is registered to is not the same address as where I live. Its still registered at my ex-wife's house. So, more than likely someone either already knew where I live (i.e.) a friend or an acquaintance or I was followed home one day or night and they came back for it.
Old 11-03-06, 08:52 AM
Jonathan o
Lead Lap

Any news on the car yet?
Old 11-03-06, 03:14 PM
wayne
Lexus Test Driver

No news. I've given up hope of finding it. Waiting for my 30 days to be up so I can get my money from the insurance.
Anyone have any idea on how much the insurance company will pay me?
Old 11-03-06, 04:11 PM
lfrers
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Not enough i'm sure. Show all recipt and dont just settle for there first settlement offer. Unless your totally happy with it.
BTW How come you went from NA-T to 1JZ? What was the HP on the last setup?
Old 11-03-06, 05:18 PM
rsantiago
Pole Position

Originally Posted by wayne
No news. I've given up hope of finding it. Waiting for my 30 days to be up so I can get my money from the insurance.
Anyone have any idea on how much the insurance company will pay me?
Did you have full coverage for that car, if I may ask ??
Old 11-03-06, 06:41 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Wayne I would 1st give reciepts for everthing you had. They do give something for aftermarket stuff if you have proof like receipts and pics of the mods. I did this a long time ago when my Accord was "stolen" They didn't give much but they did give a small % of my mods some money. Its worth a shot. 2nd like others have said don't settle unless your happy with what they offer. Last thing i would do is next car you mod if you choose to do so again is add insurance for the mods you have added. It will only cost a couple bucks more but its really worth. In my case I added my as a "show car" to my insurance and gave them receipts upfront for my mods including engine swap and they have options as to how much you want to insure the car and its mods. I updated it when i did the engine swap and it only went up like $30 bucks a month cuz i insured the swap for 10k value. Its a piece of mind. having it... I have geico by the way..Good luck to you man.
Old 11-03-06, 07:42 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Let's ride down on that blood clot boy. Wait, am I cursing in Jamaican? Sorry God.
Really sorry to hear about your loss. Have you visited and interrogated the shop owners who had access to your car?
Old 11-04-06, 05:43 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by reggiek
Let's ride down on that blood clot boy. Wait, am I cursing in Jamaican? Sorry God.
Really sorry to hear about your loss. Have you visited and interrogated the shop owners who had access to your car?

i guess that would be me reg engine was swapped and tranny converted in my garage

Quick Reply: Stolen SC !!!!!!!