SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Stolen SC !!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-06, 07:25 AM
ki_soarer
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ed, did any of your neighbors sem interested when you guys were working on the car?

Wayne, did you happen to take it to any of the local meets as soon as it was done? the cameras on the turnpike are always recorded, so i would check there. they have to have a tape from 2-3am in that area. dont give up just yet, there is still a chance of finding it. although it may not be intact, maybe you can at least get all the parts back.
Old 11-04-06, 08:39 AM
wayne
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nope. Haven't taken the car anywhere out of the ordinary.
Called sunpass and they said they would only release the info with a subpoena.
Old 11-04-06, 08:53 AM
dejacky
Lexus Test Driver

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by wayne
Nope. Haven't taken the car anywhere out of the ordinary.
Called sunpass and they said they would only release the info with a subpoena.
Go to your local county DA office and get the subpoena. This is theft of your vehicle!
Old 11-04-06, 09:56 AM
IronCobra
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A few tips.
1. Reflect back to any car shows/meets you might have attended locally. Many thieves are members of these clubs so they can scout out targets.
2. Check out Ebay listings for some of your harder to flip parts or high profit parts. Sort by Distance from you. You may see someone start posting things like the seats.
3. Go to local small import shops. Many times the turbo and other parts may be sold to these shops for resale.
4. Check out some Auto Parts stores. Your car may have special parts that require special tools to remove. They may have rented the tools from places like AutoZone or Pepboys to use.

You have to remember that these thieves are either trying to flip the entire car VERY quickly OR to strip it down and sell the parts.

If they are stripping the car down, there are literally thousands of parts they would have to flip before trashing it.

Your engine may be sold to a junk yard for a small profit. Check them out also. Perhaps the thieves have tried to sell the remainder of your car to a Junk yard.
Old 11-04-06, 10:02 AM
Mr.Machine
Rookie

who did the work on the car?
Old 11-04-06, 12:37 PM
ki_soarer
Lexus Champion

it was done at a fellow members house in his garrage... check a few posts back.
Old 11-04-06, 01:10 PM
ki_soarer
Lexus Champion

maybe this will help... http://511southflorida.com/
Old 11-04-06, 03:08 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by lexforlife
i guess that would be me reg engine was swapped and tranny converted in my garage
Okay...didn't know. Well, I guess that means it wasn't an inside set up. This means we're no where near figuring out who could have done this. Darn, I wanted some blood.
Old 11-04-06, 05:41 PM
SwampFox
Rookie

Default World Export

Maybe the whole car will be exported over seas or to the Carribean area?
Old 11-04-06, 06:11 PM
BLK13X
Mortgage Slave

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Damn, real sorry to hear what happened... what a spirit cruncher.

Just a question though, just re-trace... have you done anything wrong to anyone in recent times before your car got jacked? You never know they could've spotted you, followed you and took it when you didn't expected.

Hope you find the lowies that stole your car and give them the beating they deserve. The world doesn't need people like that.
Old 11-05-06, 09:25 AM
drewgo
Lexus Test Driver

Wayne, My car was found..... Stripped like crazy..... Funny thing is that I had black interior and now it's green. Somebody is building a 240 with my parts. No engine no tranny, the fools left the shaft which is a very expensive from an s15 custom to fit the supra tranny. They took all the necessary part to make a 240/ 1jz swap. Even my cluster was taken since it was modified to work perfectly.
Old 11-05-06, 09:46 AM
Chawk60
Pole Position

Still maybe worth it to look into what it would take to get the subpeona...I don't know why they wouldn't be willing to help. Also consider writing to the head of the ?Floridapass?sunpass? whatever, and tell them why you want the pix...don't deal with some low-level schmuck!
Old 11-05-06, 03:19 PM
wayne
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by drewgo
Wayne, My car was found..... Stripped like crazy..... Funny thing is that I had black interior and now it's green. Somebody is building a 240 with my parts. No engine no tranny, the fools left the shaft which is a very expensive from an s15 custom to fit the supra tranny. They took all the necessary part to make a 240/ 1jz swap. Even my cluster was taken since it was modified to work perfectly.
Sorry to here that. Atleast now you have closure and could move on.
Old 11-06-06, 05:24 PM
wayne
Lexus Test Driver

Got a certified letter in the mail a couple of days ago. I finally get a chance to pick it up today. It was from my police department and it read, 'another department has found a stolen car registered to you'. I called the tow yard and they tell me my car is there. When I got there the guy asked me if I had full coverage because I was going to need it. My car was stripped to ******. No engine, tranny, interior, fuel pump, rims, brakes, exhaust, hid's, 97' foglights with hid's, newer chrome griffin, soarer badge, tt rim that I used as a spare. They completely gutted my car leaving only the carpet inside and a completley empty trunk. . Time to collect my money from the insurance and move on with my life.
Old 11-06-06, 05:45 PM
dejacky
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by wayne
Got a certified letter in the mail a couple of days ago. I finally get a chance to pick it up today. It was from my police department and it read, 'another department has found a stolen car registered to you'. I called the tow yard and they tell me my car is there. When I got there the guy asked me if I had full coverage because I was going to need it. My car was stripped to ******. No engine, tranny, interior, fuel pump, rims, brakes, exhaust, hid's, 97' foglights with hid's, newer chrome griffin, soarer badge, tt rim that I used as a spare. They completely gutted my car leaving only the carpet inside and a completley empty trunk. . Time to collect my money from the insurance and move on with my life.
I'm soo sorry to hear that and pissed off to hell these jerks offs did this to you. I do not want them to get away with this . Any luck finding any camera footage of them? If there were any nearby gas stations / "quickie marts" , most of them have outdoor cameras 24/7 so i'd look for some footage. I want these *******s caught and I'm willing to help in any way I can. Just let me know .

Quick Reply: Stolen SC !!!!!!!