Toyomoto SC300 Kit

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-01, 02:29 PM
Generic
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Toyomoto SC300 Kit

OK, from this thread https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...threadid=24356

I got some info, but still have questions (surprise, surprise)

So, does the toyomoto kit have different stages? What comes with each stage? Prices, etc? This info of course isn't on their website

I just want to compare the toyomoto kit to the F-max, with a break down of parts, and kit prices.

Murdock
Old 10-19-01, 08:04 PM
CmputerWiz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well first let me say, "F-Max SUCKS!"

That out of the way....

I started today putting my Toyomoto kit on. It is 500% better quality than F-Max. I even had a F-Max kit on order, because I wanted to save a little $$. What a mistake...luckily I saw a F-Max kit first hand, and canceled that order ASAP!! Their manifolds crack and leak.

Now the Toyomoto kit that I picked up last week, it's all grade A quality stuff. Most everyone on here that has a turbo SC uses the Toyomoto kit (except the people that have a billion bucks to spend)

Later I'll talk more about it....I gotta get back outside to work on it some more! I'm sure SC300TURBO and SC300T will reply to this soon also...they've both got Toyomoto kits and have seen the F-Max crap.

SR
Attached Thumbnails Toyomoto SC300 Kit-mvc-120s.jpg  
Old 10-20-01, 03:48 PM
SC300T
Lexus Test Driver

Yes, the Fmax sucks.
Drive a Lexus, put Lexus quality stuff on it.
The Toyomoto kit is definitely top notch quality... Have had over a year and have no problems... Lance makes stuff that you can put together once and forget about it----No worries about any parts on the kit breaking. You have to be patient with Lance as quality takes time... He does all the parts, assembly and welding in house.

I would recommend what Wiz or I did. We both did basically the same thing. You can expect 380+ RWHP with proper exhaust, and could hit well over 450RWHP with a little NOS.

Compare F-max to Toyomoto isn't even worth comparison.

Would suggest T60-1 with larger P trim wheel and .58 or larger exhaust A/R. A P trim 60-1 with .58 will spool at 2500rpm and make full boost around 3000-3500rpm with proper exhaust system.
Old 10-21-01, 03:59 AM
Generic
Rookie

Does someone have a dyno sheet off this kit? I'm really curious at what point the turbo spools, and at what point it hits full boost.

Thanks.

Murdock
Old 10-21-01, 06:05 AM
SC300TURBO
Lexus Test Driver

you can get different size turbos with the kit...read sc300t's post agian he talks about the spoool up.......the smaller the turbo the quicker the spool..Jeff
Old 10-21-01, 06:10 AM
Generic
Rookie

Yea, I got that, I'm curious what it looks like on the dyno though. My plan is if I replace the turbo to run a smaller housing with a larger wheel. Like I said, I'm shooting for stoplight to stoplight Power

Murdock
Old 10-21-01, 06:18 AM
SC300TURBO
Lexus Test Driver

the 60-1 is a very low spooling turbo for light to light with good top end poer too......heck scott went 12.70s on street tires at the track.....that will win most srett light racing....i dont have a dyno for it but mabye computer wiz will be dynoing his after completion...you can order what ever turbo you want with the toyomoto kit...Jeff
Old 10-21-01, 06:25 AM
Generic
Rookie

Great, thats what I wanted to know, thank you!

Hopefully Cmputerwiz will dyno, when I put on the kit, I'll be sure to.

Murdock
Old 10-21-01, 09:25 AM
CmputerWiz
Lexus Test Driver

Oh ya....I already called a couple local shops here in Richmond looking for a dyno. Can't seem to find one. Of course, this is Richmond...not much here. I need to go back down to the house in NC, in NASCAR land. Plenty of Dyno's there...LOL

SR
Old 10-21-01, 09:28 AM
Generic
Rookie

Check on www.ls1.com Those guys know where all the Dyno's are

Murdock
Old 10-22-01, 08:33 AM
DIrEctQL
Chicago Lexus Club Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by SC300TURBO
the 60-1 is a very low spooling turbo for light to light with good top end poer too......heck scott went 12.70s on street tires at the track.....that will win most srett light racing....i dont have a dyno for it but mabye computer wiz will be dynoing his after completion...you can order what ever turbo you want with the toyomoto kit...Jeff
Most recent issue of Turbo magazine has a dyno of Toyomoto kit.
Old 10-22-01, 10:37 AM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I plan on piecing my kit together...
and using a Toyomoto manifold in the process
Old 10-23-01, 01:28 PM
CmputerWiz
Lexus Test Driver

Bean.... I'm always one for being the cheapskate and sourcing my own parts....but I tell you, I never imagined all the little parts here and there that would be needed for this thing. Thank got I got the full kit from Toyomoto and got everything I needed up front (well except for ONE little fitting). I tell you theres crap you'll never think of, and you'll be making a MILLION trips to the auto store each time you find a part ya need.

Now if I could only get my car to run rich again...it's pegged over on the lean side

SR
Old 10-23-01, 01:33 PM
CmputerWiz
Lexus Test Driver

Oh ya...and as far as spooling....

I've got a 5lb spring in the wastegate right now...well on the first drive...VERY much to my surprise...the wastegate started opening up at only 2300rpms!!! It was fully open by about 2600 (heh...I said 2600) so you're already at 5lbs with RPMs that low. I figure it'll be at 10 by 3100rpms or so.

If only I could get the thing to not lean out. It's running so far lean it's off the scale So I could only really drive it once until I figure out this problem.

SR
Old 10-23-01, 01:34 PM
Generic
Rookie

Hey CmputerWiz,
Did you get any "options" with this kit? And if you don't mind, what did it run you all told?

Murdock

Quick Reply: Toyomoto SC300 Kit