SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Rare? C-West Carbon Fiber Hood

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-06, 09:35 PM
Lex*Toy
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow...great info guys. I knew that it was a Japanese part only. I might be able to get Jeff at f1kits to order it.

I also found a second CF hood that caught my attention. Dont want to mix threads, so look for a similar thread if you know your hoods.

roo - check your PM
Old 11-25-06, 09:50 PM
Lex*Toy
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Shrummi
i emailed a company for a quote and to see if they'll ship it out here i'll let you know when they get back to me.
Thks Shrummi. Keep us posted
Old 11-26-06, 09:05 PM
Lucky SC
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Lex*Toy
Wow...great info guys. I knew that it was a Japanese part only. I might be able to get Jeff at f1kits to order it.

I also found a second CF hood that caught my attention. Dont want to mix threads, so look for a similar thread if you know your hoods.

roo - check your PM
aka post in my thread...
Old 11-27-06, 06:54 PM
Shrummi
Lead Lap

bulletproofautomotive.com sells the hood for 1144 not including shipping.to san diego they quoted $150 shipping takes 60-90 days

Last edited by Shrummi; 11-27-06 at 09:53 PM.
Old 11-28-06, 05:50 PM
roo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Since I'm not a vendor, I'm not going to post any pricing or anything like that....just trying to be helpful with some inside info. Alot of the companies are literally raping you guys with insane markups on some of these parts. Sure, they need to make their money but I think some companies have been going too far lately. I'm not going to tell you where or who to buy from or name any names, it's not my place, but my advice is to definatly shop around.

Just my opinion but some of the companies offering JDM parts have lost their passion for the cars and stuff and just out to make as much money as they can by taking advantage of customer ignorance. While there is nothing wrong with making as much money as you can, there's such a thing as going too far. As one SC owner to another, $1144 for that hood I posted is overkill. What happened to educating and being helpful to your customers? Raping customers that don't know any better is not a good long-term business strategy.
Old 11-28-06, 06:42 PM
Shrummi
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by roo
Since I'm not a vendor, I'm not going to post any pricing or anything like that....just trying to be helpful with some inside info. Alot of the companies are literally raping you guys with insane markups on some of these parts. Sure, they need to make their money but I think some companies have been going too far lately. I'm not going to tell you where or who to buy from or name any names, it's not my place, but my advice is to definatly shop around.

Just my opinion but some of the companies offering JDM parts have lost their passion for the cars and stuff and just out to make as much money as they can by taking advantage of customer ignorance. While there is nothing wrong with making as much money as you can, there's such a thing as going too far. As one SC owner to another, $1144 for that hood I posted is overkill. What happened to educating and being helpful to your customers? Raping customers that don't know any better is not a good long-term business strategy.

hence why i'm buying from you. i've been shopping around for almost three years to fix my car. Never had the funds till maybe 6 months ago and i can tell you the difference between some of the prices are huge. So by all means everyone should shop around and find yourself an honest company.