SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)
View Poll Results: Are these cars the next "240sx" ??
YES
22.56%
NO
54.27%
ALMOST
23.17%
Voters: 164. You may not vote on this poll

Are SC's / Soarer the next 240sx?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-06, 01:23 AM
DriftGirl
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by raine
Coming back to this, no offense to those I speak of, but I think the only thing causing the whole "SC becoming the new 240sx" (related to the previous "240sx becoming the new Civic") is directly related to the drifting trend. The ones who but SC's with the intent of drifting and "getting sideways" (sorry, that phrase is pretty lame) are the ones that cause this debate. Anyone who really wants to drift would know that the SC isn't the best choice for drifting, especially when there's better, 2-door, lighter, RWD platforms that will do better without spending as much money in the end to modify.

Personally I bought an SC because I was looking for a larger, RWD, 2-door coupe that was more confortable, more upscale, and more reliable than my previous car (which, ironically, was a 240sx). If I really wanted to drift, I would probably have gone with an FD. Anyone who researches SC "drift cars" would know that weight is the biggest enemy on this platform.
agree, weight and balance are all off in these cars.....

And Once you start stripping them, it throws the balance off even more. We wont even mention the poor steering angle

I will pilot an SC300 thru the spring. Its a little side project ive been working on in my free time....which isnt much. Ive addressed the main concerns with making it an 'OK' Drifter...but its by no means an ideal platform and simply not worth the money and time its going to take to make it perform close to an S13, 86, etc.. They simply LOOK nice on the track when they're taken care of.
Old 12-13-06, 01:42 AM
Luv Da Lex
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey em, wasnt ur car green a long time ago. i think ur SC was probably one of the first nicely done SC that i saw growing up.i think i saw it on speedoptions.

oh and on the steering angle, do what Ueno did. swap in a LS400 steering rack. it supposet to give you more angle.
Old 12-13-06, 02:12 AM
DriftGirl
Lexus Champion

Thank you. yes it was on SpeedOptions. Was an odd hue of grey.

Is that what he did??! I know HKS was coming thru with a few parts but an LS 'swap' would be a lot easier and cheaper than trying to piece together/build a custom setup. THANK YOU! I'll look into that
Old 12-13-06, 02:21 AM
BlueKush86
Pole Position

oh and on the steering angle, do what Ueno did. swap in a LS400 steering rack. it supposet to give you more angle.
do you know what year ls400, and any mods required, or just a straight swap?
Old 12-13-06, 03:01 AM
Luv Da Lex
Lexus Test Driver

honestly i dont know what needs to be done but im sure you can just test fit it and see. i mean ls400 steering rack isnt that hard to find.but he is ueno for a reason, you never know how much work it could be.
Old 12-13-06, 03:07 AM
Luv Da Lex
Lexus Test Driver

In drifting, the greater the steering angle (the amount the front wheels can turn from side to side), the greater the drift. It stands to reason that if more opposite lock (oversteer, or steering into the turn) can be applied, then a driver can achieve a greater drift angle (how far your *** end hangs out). In short, more steering angle equals a better drift. Because Ueno-san’s beloved Soarer is not blessed with a good steering angle, his latest and greatest drifter features quite a few tricks to bump up the lock-to-lock over stock. The first change was to ditch the conservative steering rack with a model from a Toyota Celsior (our Lexus LS). The front suspension geometry was also completely revised

that was from superstreet
Old 12-13-06, 07:20 AM
raine
Lexus Test Driver

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Emerald
You dont have the vision or talent to do what I do.

...probably a joke, but I'm not surprised to read that.
Old 12-13-06, 08:08 AM
DriftGirl
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Luv Da Lex
In drifting, the greater the steering angle (the amount the front wheels can turn from side to side), the greater the drift. It stands to reason that if more opposite lock (oversteer, or steering into the turn) can be applied, then a driver can achieve a greater drift angle (how far your *** end hangs out). In short, more steering angle equals a better drift. Because Ueno-san’s beloved Soarer is not blessed with a good steering angle, his latest and greatest drifter features quite a few tricks to bump up the lock-to-lock over stock. The first change was to ditch the conservative steering rack with a model from a Toyota Celsior (our Lexus LS). The front suspension geometry was also completely revised

that was from superstreet
Ohhhh, I see I can recall a Japanese magazine that had 3 or 4 pics of what looked like mstly stock 'stuff' on the front end of one of his white cars (or was white at the time) I just assumed that it was in regards to his brakes, since I couldnt read the any of the article.

Youve got to admire his passion for the Soarer

Thank you soooo much for bringing that to my attention. I think you've saved me a LOT of time, R&D,money,fingernails,knuckles, etc..

Im gonna pick up a FSM CD for the LS on Ebay R'now
Old 12-13-06, 12:33 PM
Luv Da Lex
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by raine
...probably a joke, but I'm not surprised to read that.

no problem em, glad i could help. now you can do the dirty work and actually try it out.this could benefit the sc community.
Old 12-13-06, 01:15 PM
SUPRMSC
Lexus Test Driver

You dont have the vision or talent to do what I do.
Yeah, too bad. My SC just mods and designs itself out of no where, ms. driftgirl
Old 12-13-06, 01:24 PM
DriftGirl
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Idrewfelix
Yeah, too bad. My SC just mods and designs itself out of no where, ms. driftgirl
uh, I have no idea who you are sir. Im sorry if you took offense to the comment.
Old 12-13-06, 01:25 PM
DriftGirl
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Luv Da Lex

no problem em, glad i could help. now you can do the dirty work and actually try it out.this could benefit the sc community.

I certainly hope it works out. I just ordered the FSM a few hours ago and sent out inquiries looking for LS400's at local yards. Should have a nice couple of weeks in January to do 'something' productive. I will most certainly keep the new build-up well documented.
Old 12-13-06, 01:43 PM
SUPRMSC
Lexus Test Driver

uh, I have no idea who you are sir. Im sorry if you took offense to the comment.
None taken. Its just the irony that makes this thread so funny.

1. Threadstarter's alias is "Driftgirl" as seen on signature.
2. Threadstarter car is essentially a drift car.
3. Thread's argument whether the SC is the new 240.
4. CL members do not like the idea that the SC is turning into the next 240.
5. Thread starter agrees with CL members.
Old 12-13-06, 02:11 PM
DriftGirl
Lexus Champion

- I didnt come from owning a 240 and My SC (that youve seen) was built a very long time ago. The current project car hasnt been seen by anyone yet. It is built for drifting...and will not be treated like my S13's

- The issue I have with them being 'Drifted', is that they look like **** when you dont take care of them. Dont buy/build a Luxo Drift car if you cant maintain it. The VErtex car makes it look so easy, but reality is another story.

Ive got a friend that hit a barrier and smashed his rear end. His brand new 350Z has been down since summer, while he gets the funds together to fix it. I had previously suggested that he pick up an S13/S14 for the track...but he thought it would look 'Baller' to take the Z out. Trying to show off for one of my girls who came with....and blam!

uhhh, yeah. Good luck with that....see ya next summer.....maybe :/

My SL would look crazy out there smokin up the track.....but I wouldnt kid myself into thinking that I could throw that car back together like I can with an SC.

Last edited by DriftGirl; 12-13-06 at 02:20 PM.
Old 12-13-06, 02:17 PM
AMERITRADE
Driver School Candidate

Em, how much rwhp does your turbo sc4 put down?

Quick Reply: Are SC's / Soarer the next 240sx?