SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)
View Poll Results: Are these cars the next "240sx" ??
YES
22.56%
NO
54.27%
ALMOST
23.17%
Voters: 164. You may not vote on this poll

Are SC's / Soarer the next 240sx?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-09, 08:00 AM
2.5tsoarer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd say yes, more and more fanboys are getting Sc's which was the reason I sold my S13 in 2003 when I saw the drift scene creeping.

Oh the Horror to see the junkyard looking trend moving to the SC's !
Old 08-07-09, 08:48 AM
SEIDO
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

No, 'cus an SC is superior to a 240 anyday.
Although I love 240's/Silvia's.
Old 08-07-09, 08:53 AM
horent135
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Currently NO...

When I see more parts and cheaper for the SC then yes but as for now NO. SC is pretty expensive car to drift in compare to 240. 240 are compares to civics, there are as much in the scene than others as well Z's.
Old 08-07-09, 08:56 AM
2.5tsoarer
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by YeA 2jZ
i hate drift
WORD... I remember a time when it was cool to make the car look nice!
Old 08-07-09, 10:52 AM
edz8386
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 2.5tsoarer
WORD... I remember a time when it was cool to make the car look nice!
You can make your car look nice and drift, just takes a lot more money. Personally I like to have fun with my car and use it to its full potential. Even when things go bad and break, I just go buy a better aftermarket part. I can't stand just having my car looking good. Simply boring IMO.
Old 08-07-09, 11:43 AM
sc310hp
Rookie

Wow i cant beleive that people post on here saying i sold my 240 cuz i seen the drift scene comming. That is just dumb, and some even said they were gunna sell there sc's cuz of it, that is just wow. Why would u sell such a great car cuz other people have them, and so what if they rice them out. All that does is make your car look even better. And eventhough this post was 3 years old i still havent seen that many riced out sc's(well except the horrid purple one on 72"rims and the big lexus decal,lol) or even drift ones either. So i think the sc is pretty safe on not becoming a trashed out drift car. Lots of people on here set the bar of how amazing these cars are when done right and im sure it inspires alot of people to shoot for that. I know it does me.
Old 08-07-09, 12:12 PM
SH_JZZ30
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I love drift. People can do anything they want with their car because it's theirs. If you have it, you might as well drive it. I daily, drift, race, go everywhere with my car. As long as it's at the track I see no problem with it.

But to get back to the question. I don't think it's the next 240sx because parts are way more expensive and these cars are much heavier. People try to do it but I always see them end up selling their car.

I came from an s13 as well. I see more SCs on the road then 240sx's down here though except at the drift events.

Old 08-07-09, 12:20 PM
2.5tsoarer
Lexus Test Driver

I agree modding a car only for looks is boring but lets be honest here and we can use this site as an example... How many "drifters" here have "nice looking" cars ? 1 maybe ?
everyone else has either gutted interior, mix matching wheels, broken kits or a 5 different colored car OR ALL of the above. I respect the sport but not what its done to the automotive industry but in looks and economically.

Many businesses that have been around for years closed in the last 2-3 simply because they jumped on the drifting band wagon and went broke.

Drifters done spend money like people into show cars or drag cars.
Seems to me they are a bunch of DIYers that think primer and wire ties are cool.
This is an observation from evens I have been to.

Drift evens just look like junkyard wars

Last edited by 2.5tsoarer; 08-07-09 at 12:29 PM.
Old 08-07-09, 01:06 PM
YeA 2jZ
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 2.5tsoarer
I agree modding a car only for looks is boring but lets be honest here and we can use this site as an example... How many "drifters" here have "nice looking" cars ? 1 maybe ?
everyone else has either gutted interior, mix matching wheels, broken kits or a 5 different colored car OR ALL of the above. I respect the sport but not what its done to the automotive industry but in looks and economically.

Many businesses that have been around for years closed in the last 2-3 simply because they jumped on the drifting band wagon and went broke.

Drifters done spend money like people into show cars or drag cars.
Seems to me they are a bunch of DIYers that think primer and wire ties are cool.
This is an observation from evens I have been to.

Drift evens just look like junkyard wars

amen brotha Drift is wack i mean come on what kinda motorsport is it wow lets slide around a fake track and try not to crach into each other and yes i feel our SC are becoming the next 240 cuz most of these ppl are getting tired of the lable that the 240 has so they go on to bigger and better thing a.k.a Lexus SC. But the sad thing is that they want to leave the 240 but no their way of modding which in turn means they mod an SC like the would a 240 which is wack take ur pimp my ride car and park it.
Old 08-07-09, 02:40 PM
HellFish
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by YeA 2jZ
amen brotha Drift is wack i mean come on what kinda motorsport is it wow lets slide around a fake track and try not to crach into each other and yes i feel our SC are becoming the next 240 cuz most of these ppl are getting tired of the lable that the 240 has so they go on to bigger and better thing a.k.a Lexus SC. But the sad thing is that they want to leave the 240 but no their way of modding which in turn means they mod an SC like the would a 240 which is wack take ur pimp my ride car and park it.
bit of a broad statement there. if you dont like it dont start talkin trash and generalizing. i dont like that people put IS wheels on their SC, but whatever, its up to them. SH_JZZ up there came from a 240 and his SC is nicer than yours. hell even i came from a 240. but mine was mildly modded for track days and random canyon carving. so lets not start casting stones here.
Old 08-07-09, 02:55 PM
YeA 2jZ
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by tularisgp
bit of a broad statement there. if you dont like it dont start talkin trash and generalizing. i dont like that people put IS wheels on their SC, but whatever, its up to them. SH_JZZ up there came from a 240 and his SC is nicer than yours. hell even i came from a 240. but mine was mildly modded for track days and random canyon carving. so lets not start casting stones here.
oh please if ur getting offend thats ur prob i wasent the one who made this thread about it obviously i am not the only one who thinks this. I am simply stating my opinion and personaly I dont give a crap what you think about my car 240's are wack and thats why I drive an SC

Last edited by YeA 2jZ; 08-07-09 at 03:02 PM.
Old 08-07-09, 02:59 PM
TRD_Power
Lead Lap

Received 78 Likes on 66 Posts

Don't let this topic cause you all to turn on each other. The whole "my car is better than your car" thing is really lame and uncalled for. Keep it friendly, people
Old 08-07-09, 03:33 PM
2.5tsoarer
Lexus Test Driver

yeah I don't see why its heading in that direction. I made a General statement and didnt single anyone out on this forum.
Old 08-07-09, 04:16 PM
CLNSC3
Lexus Test Driver

I hope not...
Old 08-07-09, 11:25 PM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

I think I posted up on this thread a couple of years ago and I am surprised that the thread got resurrected.

Personally, I feel that the SC is undervalued and overlooked.

If my car can fetch the same amount of money as some of these 240sx, then I am all for it.

I like exclusivity and all but if the car is popular like in the case of 240s then prices are inflated as a result to high demand. Moreover, then more parts are available which equates to a over-saturated market for parts

Sadly, that will never be the case

When I was in shopping around for a car back in 2005, my first choice was actually a 1997/1998 S14 but the prices were pretty high and it probably remained the same to this day, if not increased.

Last edited by xknowonex; 08-07-09 at 11:29 PM.

Quick Reply: Are SC's / Soarer the next 240sx?