SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

which front fenders are these?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-06, 04:07 PM
bishoptane
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which front fenders are these?

my friend took a trip to japan awhile back and while he was there he stop by ebisu track and saw this soarer. i wanted to know who makes these front fenders. thanks
Old 12-06-06, 04:14 PM
roo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

vertex ridge...that's the ridge widebody...

...and someone slap the owner...what kind of stock fender battleship wheel fitment is that?!!!
Old 12-06-06, 04:42 PM
emoshun
Lexus Champion

Exclamation

Originally Posted by roo
...and someone slap the owner...what kind of stock fender battleship wheel fitment is that?!!!
Most likely those rears are there because its a drift event, and instead of stressing his drivetrain trying to slide his wide rears, he slapped on those skinnies... It'll slide for days like that!
Old 12-06-06, 04:58 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

^ yes that is possible but just look at the front...even that is sunken...on a widebody? Why!?

He coulnd't pull off the front canards though...he should put on some stickers..haha.
Old 12-06-06, 05:39 PM
AME_VIP
Lexus Champion

wow. not feeling the Ridge on a white car at all. Maybe just a bad pic.

Agreed. He probably just has some spares on for drifting.
Old 12-06-06, 05:40 PM
ant1k
Lead Lap

interesting. . . i hope thatll look better on a dark color
Old 12-06-06, 06:17 PM
Lucky SC
Lexus Test Driver

kinda makes me loose a bit of respect for the ridge, it looked sick on the car in the ad... the red one with sponsors all over it

looks like a whole dif car now

not so much bad, just a lot different...
Old 12-06-06, 07:51 PM
roo
Lexus Test Driver

lol, i didn't even notice it only has one canard. All i can say is the car is far from a finished product. The ridge kit looks sick to me regardless...but on a white car, needs some graphics. You can get away without graphics on a darker color but white needs some accents or highlights.
Old 12-06-06, 09:18 PM
drnkcarlos
Driver

That ridge kit is so sweet.... I think they did a good job molding the rear into the rear fenders. Maybe time to rethink the car again...

Anyways the small "sunk" wheels as some of you pointed out are a way of life for us over here. We throw some tires on "spare" wheels of varying sizes and kill the tires having fun not worrying about how cool we look drifting. Its not always a car show when people go drifting with big wide wheels like you all see in the "videos". If you've ever broken a big wheel you'd cry at the cost to get it fixed over here... sure some of the guys got big baller wheels but some of us just don't have that kind of bank to go buying a bunch of 12J deep wheels so were not "battleship sinking"... whatever.
Old 12-06-06, 10:19 PM
ant1k
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by drnkcarlos
That ridge kit is so sweet.... I think they did a good job molding the rear into the rear fenders. Maybe time to rethink the car again...

Anyways the small "sunk" wheels as some of you pointed out are a way of life for us over here. We throw some tires on "spare" wheels of varying sizes and kill the tires having fun not worrying about how cool we look drifting. Its not always a car show when people go drifting with big wide wheels like you all see in the "videos". If you've ever broken a big wheel you'd cry at the cost to get it fixed over here... sure some of the guys got big baller wheels but some of us just don't have that kind of bank to go buying a bunch of 12J deep wheels so were not "battleship sinking"... whatever.
yah i heard it costs just as much as buying a new rim to fix a broken 3 piece wheel. thats why i have a set of beaters for my daily bump and grind and my expensive rims for high profile car cruises and for car shows.

on another note spacers might not hurt for the day.
Old 12-07-06, 01:42 AM
roo
Lexus Test Driver

Anyways the small "sunk" wheels as some of you pointed out are a way of life for us over here. We throw some tires on "spare" wheels of varying sizes and kill the tires having fun not worrying about how cool we look drifting.
if that's the case, more power to him...but i was assuming if he's got the $$ for a widebody, he's got the $$ for a spare set of wheels that fit hehe
Old 12-07-06, 04:02 AM
Djdot2k
Pole Position

Yup the ridge does look sweet, but does a molded kit get any breathing space. For example while taking a 40-50mph turn on an exit/entrance ramp, doesnt the body go through all sorts ov flexing/movement. In time, would this not cause cracks at the mold points due to the stress being put on the kit?

And also, i thougth the ridge's canards were, how u say? part of the kit from the mold itself.

Or do you mean the rear qtr's come from the factory molded to the rear valance/bumper?

Last edited by Djdot2k; 12-07-06 at 04:08 AM.
Old 12-07-06, 03:49 PM
svtdubs
Lead Lap

not sure but that car looks like dog crap
Old 12-07-06, 05:56 PM
Lucky SC
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Djdot2k
Yup the ridge does look sweet, but does a molded kit get any breathing space. For example while taking a 40-50mph turn on an exit/entrance ramp, doesnt the body go through all sorts ov flexing/movement. In time, would this not cause cracks at the mold points due to the stress being put on the kit?

And also, i thougth the ridge's canards were, how u say? part of the kit from the mold itself.

Or do you mean the rear qtr's come from the factory molded to the rear valance/bumper?
how much molding could a bolt on kit need?
Old 12-07-06, 06:00 PM
92 SC400
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Looks like a retarded American ricer got to it! But its all good, just look it, it is RHD and has an intercooler!

Quick Reply: which front fenders are these?