SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

My Car Got Hit!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-06, 01:51 AM
TAMR_GUS98
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Aries
Thanx everyone. I spoke to a few members about good bodyshops. I'm taking my car to Lexus sometime this week to get a quote along with several other shops. I'll keep everyone posted once everything is taken care of. Happy holidays!!!!
What Lexus dealership are you taking your baby to, Erica?
-Will
Btw, Merry Christmas to you as well.
Old 12-26-06, 02:51 AM
AMERITRADE
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

aires, looks pretty good man, keep up the good work.
Old 12-26-06, 08:30 AM
Aries
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TAMR_GUS98
What Lexus dealership are you taking your baby to, Erica?
-Will
Btw, Merry Christmas to you as well.
I'm taking it to Magnussens Lexus of course! They have a body shop on site right?
Old 12-26-06, 08:39 AM
Lucky SC
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by xknowonex
Oh im sorryyyyy One lesson I learned is to park as far as possible
depends

depends if you would rather get robbed or hit
bad **** will happen either way

sorry for the accident it seems a lot of threads have started up concerning accidents
Old 12-27-06, 02:16 PM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Yeah I have all her info, she looks like she is still in hs.....I think I scared her cuz when I saw the damage I yelled and cursed and kind of went a lil ape****.
Erica you're crazy...but I understand, trust me I understand.

And let me guess, she was driving a damn F-150 or some other vehicle she had no business driving?
Old 12-27-06, 02:41 PM
TAMR_GUS98
Lexus Champion

I'm taking it to Magnussens Lexus of course! They have a body shop on site right?
Erica,
Magnussen does own a body shop. And we do have a rep on site to help you. The rep is there as a service to our clients that need body work. But our body shop is actually somewhere else. Check here to see. http://www.carwestautobody.com/index.html
We have a guy on site that does minor stuff like Paintless Dent repair, minor front and rear bumper refinishing, and small scratch repair. The damage to your car is too extensive for the guy we have onsite. So we would have to send yours to the body shop.
-Will
Old 12-27-06, 05:24 PM
Baoser
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mikeloc24
Erica you're crazy...but I understand, trust me I understand.

And let me guess, she was driving a damn F-150 or some other vehicle she had no business driving?
She had a brand new TL...haha nice try though...I think if she got hit by and F-150 more of the trunk would be messed up...
Old 12-27-06, 06:36 PM
Aries
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by TAMR_GUS98
Erica,
Magnussen does own a body shop. And we do have a rep on site to help you. The rep is there as a service to our clients that need body work. But our body shop is actually somewhere else. Check here to see. http://www.carwestautobody.com/index.html
We have a guy on site that does minor stuff like Paintless Dent repair, minor front and rear bumper refinishing, and small scratch repair. The damage to your car is too extensive for the guy we have onsite. So we would have to send yours to the body shop.
-Will
Will, I spoke to the rep today and will be calling her again tomorrow with more information, I've been so busy with my jobs I havent had anytime to get everything sorted out. From what I was told, magnussen lexus has a body shop on site, but they did not tell me they would need to send the car somewhere else. I guess I'll get all the details later this week. Thanx.
Old 12-28-06, 01:17 PM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Baoser
She had a brand new TL...haha nice try though...I think if she got hit by and F-150 more of the trunk would be messed up...
Duuuuuuude...almost everyday I damn near get taken out by some itsy bitsy chick driving some hulking SUV where she can barely see over the steering wheel. Everyday.

At least she was in a decent car and was insured. I think it's only in LA where people drive like idiots and crash into you without having insurance

bastidz.
Old 12-28-06, 01:39 PM
Sly Guy Yu
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by JspecSC3
The quarter panel isnt that bad. You will need a new rear bumper. I know just the shop that can match your paint. These guys specialize in BMW, Lexus, Mercedes, and especially Porche. If you want more info you can PM me. They are located in San Jose.

Im sorry to hear about your hit. I just got into an accident with my SC. My car wasnt so lucky. Details later..

I dont think she'll need a new bumper. Wut the body shop will probably do, is take a heat gun to it, and it should pop right out. The quarter panel will need to be popped out just a tiny bit, and bondo will probably be applied.
Old 12-28-06, 02:19 PM
Aries
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Sly Guy Yu
I dont think she'll need a new bumper. Wut the body shop will probably do, is take a heat gun to it, and it should pop right out. The quarter panel will need to be popped out just a tiny bit, and bondo will probably be applied.
I was actually hoping for a new bumper as well as a wald kit, and exhuast
Old 12-28-06, 06:06 PM
TAMR_GUS98
Lexus Champion

Will, I spoke to the rep today and will be calling her again tomorrow with more information, I've been so busy with my jobs I havent had anytime to get everything sorted out. From what I was told, magnussen lexus has a body shop on site, but they did not tell me they would need to send the car somewhere else. I guess I'll get all the details later this week. Thanx.
Glad I could help. What was the name of the lady that helped you. Was she african american? Maybe, whenever you get things sorted out and things finally settle down, we can go have lunch since you also work so close to me. Btw, how many jobs do you have?

You go girl!! Aim high! LOL
Old 12-28-06, 06:27 PM
Baoser
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Offer is still there...haha =)
Old 12-29-06, 09:03 AM
gqchynaboy
Driver

You gotta admit though, the passenger of the TL was cute!!
Old 12-29-06, 10:10 PM
Dr.Zeus
Lead Lap

awww shiz man that burns. I would take it to lexus and see what they would suggest. BTW i think the paint jobs going to hit the bank pretty hard

Quick Reply: My Car Got Hit!!!