HELLAFLUSH
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks great. looks like it took long.
Old 01-03-07, 09:02 PM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty

Received 76 Likes on 39 Posts

I did the plug and play with a expensive kit....its nice, decent cutoff line, and virtually no glare.

Tonight my girlfriend came home with a loaner 06' TSX...that factory HID is unreal....razor-like cutoff line.

If I don't sell the SC, I'm doing a retro-fit.
Old 01-03-07, 09:14 PM
Jewcano
No Sir, I Don't Like It

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by scrapp
Do they actually work, as in, the same HIDs on a BMW or s2000? Because I see people put HIDs in their cars all the time, and go ON AND ON AND ON AND ON about how well it works, and then when I see it, all i see is light washed light all over the place, and defintally not putting light out any farther then stock, its usually worse.
Well heres a pic of them on the road First without high beams, and then with high beams.
WITHOUT HIGH BEAMS: HID

WITH HIGH BEAMS: HID
Old 01-03-07, 09:36 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 359 Likes on 229 Posts

Oh those poor people in your area. Leave a pair of sunglasses on each of their doors to help with the glare of HID's in stock housings Try not to get a ticket, that is illegal in most states.

Looks good.
Old 01-03-07, 09:44 PM
Lucky SC
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by O. L. T.
Oh those poor people in your area. Leave a pair of sunglasses on each of their doors to help with the glare of HID's in stock housings Try not to get a ticket, that is illegal in most states.

Looks good.
true that

like some one mentioned before, even though you have HID's it doesn't mean its gonna look like a straight from the factory HID

although the wattage is the same and they are just as bright they won't appear that way because the beam pattern will be refracted all over the place.

our projectors aren't meant for HID's, what you have to do is get them retrofitted with another car's projectors (newer model) so that it will project the light properly

no HID kit is a true plug and play on our car, people look at the kit as the only cost, there are many more you must consider.

if you want a true HID experience you're gonna have to go get a conversion kit from i recommend these guys... xtralights.com, they have the world's only digital ballast out there that is 100% waterproof and has 97% beam pattern accuracy. best out there, period, 450$ though for the digital and 350$ for the normal

then go to customlightz.com and get a quote on a retrofit and any other things you might want done to your headlight housing

THEN, you will have true HID's
Old 01-03-07, 10:39 PM
lighthalo
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Lucky SC
true that

like some one mentioned before, even though you have HID's it doesn't mean its gonna look like a straight from the factory HID

although the wattage is the same and they are just as bright they won't appear that way because the beam pattern will be refracted all over the place.

our projectors aren't meant for HID's, what you have to do is get them retrofitted with another car's projectors (newer model) so that it will project the light properly

no HID kit is a true plug and play on our car, people look at the kit as the only cost, there are many more you must consider.

if you want a true HID experience you're gonna have to go get a conversion kit from i recommend these guys... xtralights.com, they have the world's only digital ballast out there that is 100% waterproof and has 97% beam pattern accuracy. best out there, period, 450$ though for the digital and 350$ for the normal

then go to customlightz.com and get a quote on a retrofit and any other things you might want done to your headlight housing

THEN, you will have true HID's
well for the difference between the 155$ 'fleabay' kit and the nice name brand kit = roughly say 300$ that you could put towards something else like sways or what ever. im not saying they're not worth it, im just saying sometimes people dont need the best of the best -- although if the name brand kit was 2x better (in terms of light out put) then i guess it would be some what worht it.. although then every one would need sunglasses..
Old 01-03-07, 10:41 PM
play123boi
Pole Position

Nice Lights BTW Thanx Lucky SC for the websites I am going to look at the sites you posted and hit them up for a custom job!
Old 01-03-07, 10:48 PM
emoshun
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice plug Lucky...
Old 01-03-07, 11:23 PM
Lucky SC
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by emoshun
Nice plug Lucky...
thankyou

its not a matter of the name brand being 2x brighter, im sure it will be a bit brighter but you're going to get something that has a much more accurate color to it

i have yet to see something better then 97%

theres a video on the website actually that shows the ballast being put in a full tank of water. no other ballast has that completely waterproof garuntee, i would hate to loose something so expensive over some damn water wouldn't you...

not to mention a lot of people have problems with leaks in their headlight housings when they are taking them off and modding them or simply bc these are older cars and rock chips break them w/o you even knowing.

my motto is do it right in one step, get the best of the best and don't ever look back and wonder if you did the right thing. if you have the patience to do this then it will be more rewarding and will put your mind at ease.
Old 01-03-07, 11:44 PM
Lucky SC
Lexus Test Driver

Default Comparison Chart

Heres What You Need To Know:
Xtralights is a very trusted site, you can either get the 250$, 350$, or 450$ kits depending your budget and expectations from the product, anyway you go you can't go wrong, i wouldn't get anything less then these though...

Xetronic Digital

Manufacturer: Japan
Prices: $449 up
Life: approx. 5-7 years
Beam Color Accuracy : Above 96%
Brightness: 3500 lm
Size: World smallest & Lightest
Warranty: 2 years, except 1 year for bulbs
Water & Weather Resistance: Yes, 100% proof
Ballast: Digital
Igniter: Integrated into ballast
Requires Extra Wiring Harness Kit: No, digital ballasts prevent overloading
Corrosion Resistance: Yes, by Titanium Case Painting
Self-protection: Micro-processor (CPU) controls 3 stages safety features to prevent ballast overload due to high temperature, power spike, and irregular voltage.
Wiring Harness: 35" Extended wiring harness for easy fitting.
Ballast and Igniter Designs: World smallest Ballast /w integrated igniter
EMI-proof: Digital ballast generates minimal EMI. Cables are EMI-shielded
Time between power ON and OFF: Digital internal ignition module provides max protection against power ON/OFF cycles

Xetronic

Manufacturer: Japan
Prices: $369 up
Life: approx. 5 years
Beam Color Accuracy : 90-93%
Brightness: 3200 lm
Size: Small Size
Warranty: 2 years, except 1 year for bulbs
Water and Weather Resistance: Yes, 100% proof
Ballast: Non-Digital
Ignitor: External
Requires Extra Wiring Harness Kit: No, ballasts prevent overloading
Corrosion Resistance: Yes, by Titanium Case Painting
Self Protection: Micro-processor (CPU) controls 3 stages safety features to prevent ballast overload due to high temperature, power spike, and irregular voltage.
Wiring Harness: 28" Extended wiring harness for easy fitting.
Ballast and Igniter Designs: Heavy-Duty ballast & igniter modules for durability
EMI-proof: Cases & cables are designed to eliminate EMI (Electro-magnetic Interference) produced by high voltage of the HID system.
Time between power ON and OFF: With patented Intelligent Ignition Protection System® (I.I.P.S), this circuit protection system allow the lights to be powered ON and OFF continuously within 0.2 second interval.

Fusion

Manufacturer: Taiwan or China
Prices: $259 up
Life: approx. 3 years
Beam Color Accuracy : 80-88%
Brightness: 3000 lm
Size: Standard Size
Warranty: 6 months for all parts
Water and Weather Resistance: No
Ballast: Non-Digital
Ignitor: External
Requires Extra Wiring Harness Kit: Optional, only if factory power wiring harnesses overheat.
Corrosion Resistance: No
Self Protection: Built-in protection (aka not much)
Wiring Harness: 20" Standard lengths
Ballast and Igniter Designs: Standard Sizes
EMI-proof: Standard EMI-shield cases & cables.
Time between power ON and OFF: Limited circuit protection. Not recommend to power ON and OFF continuously.

the site sells any type of bulb for all cars and motorcycles whether its for your high beams, low beams, or fogs

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE RIGHT BULB TYPE WHEN BUYING THE KIT! lol

hope that comparison chart helps a lot when you are trying to decide which kind of kit to get
Old 01-04-07, 07:57 AM
mkorsu
Zombie Slayer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lighthalo
also the HID's you see on ebay... HIDs are HID's ok?
so what if its a name brand? HID's all work the same, use the same parts, have the same quality of equipment...

No. No. No. and No. HID's are not "HID's".

Based on your line of thinking a car is just a car. I should go turn in my Lexus now, get one of those new Chinese models and the quality will be exactly the same....right? That's what you're saying.

Plug and play kits are notorious for poor (to no) cutoff. Bad spread of light. Glare. Improper rating of bulbs. Cheaply made ballasts. The list goes on and on.

It's prefectly fine that you bought an inexpensive kit and that you are happy with the results. But don't claim that they are as good as a quality retrofit. They just aren't.

Have your buddy drive your car and you get in some other vehicle and drive towards each other. See at what point the glare from your headlights causes you to loose sight of the road in front of you. Trust me, it will happen.
Old 01-04-07, 08:32 AM
Lucky SC
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by mkorsu
No. No. No. and No. HID's are not "HID's".

Based on your line of thinking a car is just a car. I should go turn in my Lexus now, get one of those new Chinese models and the quality will be exactly the same....right? That's what you're saying.

Plug and play kits are notorious for poor (to no) cutoff. Bad spread of light. Glare. Improper rating of bulbs. Cheaply made ballasts. The list goes on and on.

It's prefectly fine that you bought an inexpensive kit and that you are happy with the results. But don't claim that they are as good as a quality retrofit. They just aren't.

Have your buddy drive your car and you get in some other vehicle and drive towards each other. See at what point the glare from your headlights causes you to loose sight of the road in front of you. Trust me, it will happen.
which is the point i made

+1
Old 01-04-07, 08:41 AM
Jonathan o
Lead Lap

Jew nice job with the lights. Are any of you guys using the denso/kioto ballast? That is what I have with a new pair of headlights(4300k) And a new pair of fogs(3000k). I'm happy with the light output.
Old 01-04-07, 10:41 AM
Tony95sc4
Banned scammer

what is the bulb wattage number thingy for our cars..is it a 9006? local aftermarket shop says he can get me a pair of 8000k hid for 270..is that a good deal?
Old 01-04-07, 10:48 AM
Jonathan o
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Tony95sc4
what is the bulb wattage number thingy for our cars..is it a 9006? local aftermarket shop says he can get me a pair of 8000k hid for 270..is that a good deal?
Go 6000K or 4300k. You will like it better IMO.

Quick Reply: Present for myself: HID's AND DELINED HEADLIGHTS