SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Present for myself: HID's AND DELINED HEADLIGHTS

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-07, 04:04 PM
Jewcano
No Sir, I Don't Like It

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Present for myself: HID's AND DELINED HEADLIGHTS

First off i have to thank Anthony (lighthalo) for his help with the headlights.
Now the HID's; i can't believe how much more road they actually illuminate, its CRAZY. This has got to be the best 142 dollars i've spent on my ride as for an upgrade purpose O ya forgot to add, these are 5K's.

Last edited by Jewcano; 01-03-07 at 05:24 PM.
Old 01-03-07, 04:07 PM
$C300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very niccceee
Old 01-03-07, 04:14 PM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Jewcano
This has got to be the best 142 dollars i've spent on my ride as for an upgrade purpose
details please.
Old 01-03-07, 04:16 PM
Jewcano
No Sir, I Don't Like It

The HID's bellieve it or not, from Fleabay, they work great I can't link ya here, but if you want a link to the seller i'll PM you one.
Old 01-03-07, 04:27 PM
SC_coupe
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 28 Posts

Looks great, very nice.
Old 01-03-07, 04:32 PM
Lucky SC
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im skeptical
Old 01-03-07, 05:05 PM
rcracer_tx
Driver

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Jewcano
The HID's bellieve it or not, from Fleabay, they work great I can't link ya here, but if you want a link to the seller i'll PM you one.
I also did fleabay hid lights, and I couldn't be happier with the results. Lucky SC, I was very skeptical at first, but I would do it again in a heartbeat.
BTW, I did the 6000k kit.
Old 01-03-07, 05:27 PM
lighthalo
Lexus Test Driver

no prob leon
check these before pics guys

in both these pics, my car is on the left

well leon forgot to post how we did it, basically just popped each in the oven @ 205* F for about 12 min to break em open - to deline it we used 800, 1000, 2000, grit sand paper respectivly

800 to get all the lines off
1000 to clean it up
2000 to prep it for polish

then after that a good drill buff with meguires plastic X
then a coat/cleaning with rain X

the whole process from parking the car to driving off finished took about 3.5 - 4 hrs

Originally Posted by Lucky SC

im skeptical
i got my 3000k kit for 155 shipped

Last edited by lighthalo; 01-03-07 at 05:41 PM.
Old 01-03-07, 05:34 PM
slammedTT
Driver

how did you deline the headlights? if i do a retrofit i definitely want to deline at the same time.
Old 01-03-07, 05:38 PM
Jewcano
No Sir, I Don't Like It

Again thanks to Anthony, you open them up and preferably wetsand with 800-1000-2000 grit sand paper, and then polish with some meguires Plastx.
Old 01-03-07, 05:39 PM
scrapp
Driver

Do they actually work, as in, the same HIDs on a BMW or s2000? Because I see people put HIDs in their cars all the time, and go ON AND ON AND ON AND ON about how well it works, and then when I see it, all i see is light washed light all over the place, and defintally not putting light out any farther then stock, its usually worse.

So with that being said..was it direct plug N play, or did you have to do something to the headlight? Im assuming since they allready have a projector glass peice in the headlight, then it does work well.

Please PM me the ebay seller info. who does this kit? Im really curious how the quality is, compared to some of the 300-600$ kits
Old 01-03-07, 05:44 PM
Jewcano
No Sir, I Don't Like It

I'll get a pic tomorrow night on the distance it projects the HID's at, but i can say it goes about the same length as my Highbeams. No Joke. As for plug and play, yes it is directly plug and play, just reverse the side you plug from the Ballast to the stock light wiring harness.
Old 01-03-07, 05:46 PM
slammedTT
Driver

Originally Posted by scrapp
Do they actually work, as in, the same HIDs on a BMW or s2000? Because I see people put HIDs in their cars all the time, and go ON AND ON AND ON AND ON about how well it works, and then when I see it, all i see is light washed light all over the place, and defintally not putting light out any farther then stock, its usually worse.

So with that being said..was it direct plug N play, or did you have to do something to the headlight? Im assuming since they allready have a projector glass peice in the headlight, then it does work well.

Please PM me the ebay seller info. who does this kit? Im really curious how the quality is, compared to some of the 300-600$ kits
thats why you do it right and retrofit proper hid projectors in.
Old 01-03-07, 05:48 PM
lighthalo
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by scrapp

the kits you buy from ebay are direct plug and play - yes
will it be just like a bmw or s2k? - no
the reason is that our projectors were built to handle regular halogen headlights not HID's
but our particular headlights will handle HIDs well just because they are projectors and not just reflector headlights
to get lights like a BMW you would have to retro fit their projectors in the SC's headlights - which can be done btw
also the HID's you see on ebay... HIDs are HID's ok?
so what if its a name brand? HID's all work the same, use the same parts, have the same quality of equipment... thats why i always go with the cheapest i can find (usually 150 shipped) what im sayin is the only difference is the name. i spent about 155 shipped on my 3000k HIDs H3 and i couldnt be happier. what i recommend that you do is look at the feed back - what i always do - you cant go wrong if they have 3000+ positive feed back with 99%+ rating... what are the chances you will be dissapointed???
thats the way i see it anyways

edit: check my previous post in this thread and you will see the before pics..

Last edited by lighthalo; 01-03-07 at 05:58 PM.
Old 01-03-07, 06:00 PM
DryBlaze
Lexus Test Driver

Looking good now you should clean and reseal my headights!

Quick Reply: Present for myself: HID's AND DELINED HEADLIGHTS