SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Just a lil question for you SC folks???????

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-07, 06:42 PM
Snapshift
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just a lil question for you SC folks???????

Hello people this is my first post so please take it easy on me....... Ive been checking your forums for a few months and everybody seems to be very relaxed and chill around here, it's a nice change for me........ Anyhow to my question......Ive been a pretty serious Honda guy since the late 80's and until recently, daily driving, autocrossing & tuning lil screamers, has been a way of life for me.......... Im quite torn about selling my swapped EF Hatch & other Honda related goodies to a well deserving owner.......... BUT what has made me want to step up to the larger more luxurious & classy Lex, has been a few drives in a distant family members relatively stock SC3......... The car REALLY impresses me in everyway!!!!!! Ive even located a clean example that's up for grabs when im ready.......As of now im not planning on creating gobs of power but am looking for a nice atractive car that I can slap a decent suspension, semi classy wheels & lightly tune the car for a happy/fun daily driver.......... Im sure some of you have sold your Hondas & everything related to em, so you could make room for your bigger Lexus rides??????? Does anyone have any regrets after doing so???? Im a very practical guy & feel that my energies, time & effort should but put into only one vehicle, one car, a dual purpose daily, Hahahahahaha...... Thanks for listening to me ramble........ Any of your experiences and advice would be most helpful!!!!!
Old 01-11-07, 07:03 PM
BLK13X
Mortgage Slave

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Welcome buddy

If you could afford to keep 2 cars then do so
Old 01-11-07, 07:27 PM
tkafam1
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The only regret I have about buying my SC was that I didn't do it sooner!

Old 01-11-07, 07:30 PM
jpvarghese
Lexus Test Driver

The only regret I have about my purchase is that I wish I had teh V-8. Is it just me or does it seem like we've had an explosion of new members and interest with the SC's lately?
Old 01-11-07, 07:35 PM
LEXuriouss
Banned

i have 4 cars and its not that bad as long as you have a job
welcome bro!
Old 01-11-07, 07:35 PM
Baoser
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

My only regret is my SC is not manual =( thats about it...
Old 01-11-07, 09:07 PM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty

Received 74 Likes on 38 Posts

I love my SC, but after driving more modern cars....I'm kinda wishing for more.
Old 01-11-07, 09:33 PM
sc3boost
Pole Position

really really try to get a manual, since is sounded like you like to have fun with your cars.

if you need a back seat for anything other than carring 3year olds or a little groceries, make sure you have a second car or truck.

no regrets i traded my yukon for a 50,000mile 92 sc300 5speed and there is no looking back, but recently the new is350 and g35 is burning a hole in my gotta have it list.

and also everyone is pretty laid back, just don't ever say that your honda is faster than or better than a lexus, or you're gonna start a war of clublexus vs snapshift

just a honest heads up

also welcome to club lexus
Old 01-11-07, 09:36 PM
emoshun
Lexus Champion

Snapshift...

I went from a frankenstine sleeper GS-R(stolen), to a pimped out S14(sold), then back to the old school with my Conquest(track car), and now have a 2000 SC300.

I don't miss anything driving the SC around. Not even the cops haggling me...

BTW, welcome to tha club!
Old 01-11-07, 11:38 PM
SUPRMSC
Lexus Test Driver

Cops LOVEEE my SC. Even more then I do.
Old 01-11-07, 11:58 PM
Snapshift
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by sc3boost
really really try to get a manual, since is sounded like you like to have fun with your cars.

if you need a back seat for anything other than carring 3year olds or a little groceries, make sure you have a second car or truck.

no regrets i traded my yukon for a 50,000mile 92 sc300 5speed and there is no looking back, but recently the new is350 and g35 is burning a hole in my gotta have it list.

and also everyone is pretty laid back, just don't ever say that your honda is faster than or better than a lexus, or you're gonna start a war of clublexus vs snapshift

just a honest heads up

also welcome to club lexus
Hahahahahahaha, Bro that's one of the issues Im looking foward to getting away from!!!!! Owning modified Hondas one tends to meet quite a few internet, smarty pants know it all WANNABEE mechanics, BARF!!!!! In my past ive owned two 4x4 Toyota trucks & loved them both dearly......... In all honesty im looking foward to purchasing parts again from the local Toyota/Lexus salvage yards in my area........ Im at a point in my life where driving a heavier automatic isnt a bad thing........ My career requires me to drive late at night about 40 miles one way with alot of crazy drunks on the freeway........The Larger Classier image of the SC will at least be easier to spot in the evening hours on the way home as well as being more respected by the CHP " I HOPE" Hahahahaha!!!!! Anyhow thanks, for the kind words fellas & im looking foward to making the transition...... I'll deffinatly give ya a heads up on my progress as things develop..........
Old 01-12-07, 01:29 AM
t70 supra
Lexus Champion

i just regret buying this car i wish i would have got a 300 but i did not do enough reasearch on this.
Old 01-12-07, 02:49 AM
bigmalik00
Lexus Champion

still got my honda....
Old 01-12-07, 03:39 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

No regrets here my beater is an Accord lol bone stock.
Old 01-12-07, 05:35 AM
574-SC300
Pole Position

I love the car so far. As a daily driver its great. I still have my toys I play around with.

Quick Reply: Just a lil question for you SC folks???????