SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

A rant about *Preludes* (SC-related)

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-07, 09:44 AM
deruvian
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chanh55
Seems like every car forum thinks their car is the BEST and everyone else is rice. Come on guys... threads like this promote hate. <snip>
Yeah, this thread has turned into a "what is rice" monster of a discussion. Not really what I was looking for, but while we're at it I suppose I'll pitch in.

Without a doubt, IronCobra absolutely said it best. End of discussion.

And look, sc250tt, there are a lot of reasons why someone would put a better exhaust system on their SC (or any car, for that matter). Looks. Sound. Plans for future upgrades. Simply because I think the exhaust system on the stock SC isn't up to my "standards" or "taste" doesn't make it rice. And, if we follow what IronCobra so delicately typed, it is definitely not rice to simply upgrade the exhaust system to your SC. Seems to me you have a "greater than thou" attitude, and really, I mean really, you need to put your internet ***** away. No one wants to see it.

Last edited by deruvian; 01-25-07 at 09:45 AM. Reason: Type-o
Old 01-25-07, 09:51 AM
T-Lex
Driver School Candidate

ok. the stock exhaust on EVERY car can be made better.
some perks of freeflowing exhaust:
better sound
better engine response
better topend power (very much so on a v8)
increased fuel economy (no so much with a v8)

upgrading the exhaust is a very legit, non ricer mod.
Old 01-25-07, 10:03 AM
wildrice09
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by deruvian
And look, sc250tt, there are a lot of reasons why someone would put a better exhaust system on their SC (or any car, for that matter). Looks. Sound. Plans for future upgrades. Simply because I think the exhaust system on the stock SC isn't up to my "standards" or "taste" doesn't make it rice. And, if we follow what IronCobra so delicately typed, it is definitely not rice to simply upgrade the exhaust system to your SC. Seems to me you have a "greater than thou" attitude, and really, I mean really, you need to put your internet ***** away. No one wants to see it.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

sc250tt: Noone wants to listen to your cocky matcho bragging anymore. Like I said before your just like those ricers that think their car is the s@*t. O... and try thinking through your posts before you type them, no one can understand your jibber jabber.
Old 01-25-07, 10:13 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,242 Likes on 1,361 Posts

Enough rude personal commentary. This thread is closed.

I think a few of you need to revisit the following linked thread regarding sense of community in the SC forum https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=186732