SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Lexus Security

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-07, 10:16 AM
scENFORCER
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Lexus Security

During my ongoing endevours to purchase an SC (which should be complete within the month), I have come across many problems and concerns. One of which are Lex security. Now I'm not talking about the keyless entry not working or whatnot, I'm talking about those pesky kids keying my car, someone following me home and stealing it, or breaking into it, etc. I live in New Westminster, Canada. Which is right across the river (3-4 mins) from the car theft capital of North America, Surrey. Also, my last car was keyed, my dads car was stolen 2wice, and my moms tires were slashed when we left on vacation; and this isint even a bad neighbourhood!!! As most of you, I'm planning on doing extensive mods to the car, however, am growing increasingly worried about the criminal element. Unfortunalty I'm not able to install blow-torches under the door, or door handles that will electrocute the thief. I can park the car in my underground parking, which I'm not too crazy about because I cant see it, and the facility is not very secure. Or I can leave it exposed to the elements and park it on the street in front of my house, where I would feel a bit safer because I can see it. So my question is, other then the common alarm or "club", what measures do you guys use to protect your Lex from these kinds of problems?
Old 01-25-07, 10:21 AM
T-Lex
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i want about 647 clear coats. that way it stays shiny always, and hopefully is key proof =P
Old 01-25-07, 06:53 PM
Baoser
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

you have underground parking?!?! is it the bat cave!?!? j/k j/k

There really isn't thing you can do against vandals...they are just *******s. =( Park in front of your house and invest in some nice high def security cameras aimed at your car at all times.
Old 01-25-07, 07:47 PM
SUPRMSC
Lexus Test Driver

British Columbia doesn't have garages or something?
Old 01-25-07, 08:52 PM
scENFORCER
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Idrewfelix
British Columbia doesn't have garages or something?
I live in a condo (ie: unsafe underground parkade)
Old 01-26-07, 07:28 PM
scENFORCER
Lexus Champion

ANYONE got any suggestions? This is a question I can ask any Lexus owner, how do I move it to a general lex forum?
Old 01-27-07, 08:17 AM
fwynn
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

make a lil generic garage??

OR buy a gun.. and sit inside your house watching ur car 24/7
Old 01-27-07, 08:24 AM
iasc300
Lexus Champion

you can do pretty much anything you want to try and protect your vehicle - but the bottom line is - If they want to steal, vandalize your ride they will-
Old 01-27-07, 08:29 AM
Blizzy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by iasc300
you can do pretty much anything you want to try and protect your vehicle - but the bottom line is - If they want to steal, vandalize your ride they will-
agreed. maybe pray to allah nightly.
Old 01-27-07, 09:14 AM
Lucky SC
Lexus Test Driver

yea there really is nothing you can do man, if you have a dedicated thief then he will try and break in.

even if you do catch him in the act, you still have a smashed up car... the only realistic thing i can tell you is to save your money and look around to move somewhere else.

not trying to be a jerk, but it doesn't sound like your area is somewhere you wanna be anyways if this is a real issue
Old 01-27-07, 09:19 PM
vipsoarer
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

menappi: very well put. i couldnt have said it better myself.
Old 01-28-07, 12:53 AM
scENFORCER
Lexus Champion

Yeah wow, those are some great ideas. Exactly what I'm looking for. Thanx!

As for installing an alarm system.. which is a no-brainer, through my reaserch I got the idea that you can install sensors (which would set the alarm off) anywhere on the car. Where would be the best place to install these types of sensors? Near the Rims? Door handles? And are they easily installed/hidden?
Having said all that though, I dont want to go over-board with security, something practical should do, although the kill-switches are an awsome idea.
Old 01-28-07, 11:54 AM
Teal Sc400
Pole Position

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default What About This

Originally Posted by scENFORCER

As for installing an alarm system.. which is a no-brainer, through my reaserch I got the idea that you can install sensors (which would set the alarm off) anywhere on the car. Where would be the best place to install these types of sensors? Near the Rims? Door handles? And are they easily installed/hidden?
Having said all that though, I dont want to go over-board with security, something practical should do, although the kill-switches are an awsome idea.
scENFORCER, Or you could buy this type of device, PITBULL TIRE LOCK
Here is the link:http://tirelock.com/dev/product.php?cid=7
Old 01-28-07, 04:38 PM
Lucky SC
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by scENFORCER

the sensors i think you are talking about where if you just get close it goes off are VERY VERY VERY expensive.

something a bit more pocket friendly would be a high end viper system that has shock sensors, that will go off if someone is shaking the car, also the same system should come with a mechanism that will hear if the glass breaks and will sound the alarm due to the vibrations.

this system will help from getting your car stolen along with lo-jack if they get away, but you're gonna have to dish out very heavy cash if you want to prevent people from keying your car which will require very expensive motion detectors. but by the time the thing goes off they will have gotten away anyways once the alarm sounds, keying your car will take a whole 3 seconds.

you can prevent everything but crap like that, so if someone keys your car or puts a dent in for the simple purpose of being a douche bag and not to steal anything, sadly ur just gonna have to pay for it unless you have a camera honed in on your car
Old 01-28-07, 05:41 PM
Lucky SC
Lexus Test Driver

or you could always switch the emblems out to make your car look like a saturn every night

no one would touch it

Quick Reply: Lexus Security