SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Florida Fine Cars in Ft. Lauderdale/Miami Area

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-01, 12:01 PM
Mike_Lex
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Florida Fine Cars in Ft. Lauderdale/Miami Area

Has anyone had any experience, good or bad with Florida Fine cars in S. Florida?

They seem to have MANY SC300's in stock of various options and years.

They also have some damn good pricing.

I just wanted to make sure they were legit and not selling any chop shop cars or anything

Mike
Old 11-09-01, 05:49 AM
Andymi
Driver School Candidate

I see them advertised a lot, but I never went to see any of their cars.

I ended buying at a small wholesaler. In general South Florida has great used car deals.

Good luck.
Old 11-09-01, 06:16 AM
CmputerWiz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Florida auto sales laws have a lot to do with this... For any vehicle over 7 years old, the "odometer statement" doesn't apply. What this means...is I could but a car, drive it 100k miles, when it's 7 years old...have someone run the odometer back for me, and then sell the car. You don't have to disclose if the mileage is wrong.

Rolling the odometer back IS illegal. Most bad dealers get around this...by..."breaking" the odometer by "accident" when they get the car. Well the old one had 150k listed. In the junkyard they could only find one that showed 85k. Oh well they say, car is over 7 years old, they don't have to tell you that 85k is not the correct mileage.

Hence the reason I'll *never* buy a car older than 7 years in Fl.

SR

(and you think those laws suck...you should see some other states)
Old 11-09-01, 04:06 PM
The Ikon
Lexus Champion

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
Thumbs up

You learn something new every day.... Wiz, thanks for that info...
Old 11-10-01, 04:33 PM
CmputerWiz
Lexus Test Driver

No prob! Gotta love the Gov't, 'eh?

SR
Old 11-12-01, 06:02 PM
matt7184
Pole Position

I bought my SC from them and it is in pretty good shape for a 10 year old car. Most people I know would think it is a 96-97 car. Only problems I had with them is I am almost positive there was a Die Hard battery in my car before I bought it and I ended up with a dying interstate battery which had to be changed (died every day). Also, I forgot to check the CD changer for a magazine and there wasnt one. Make sure you negociate with them, since you can always lower the price, I did.

I had a relatively decent experience with them, but whosdady didnt I believe.

Last edited by matt7184; 11-12-01 at 06:08 PM.
Old 11-12-01, 06:11 PM
matt7184
Pole Position

Hey wiz, whats going on with you moving down here?
Old 11-13-01, 12:41 PM
CmputerWiz
Lexus Test Driver

We've already moved our stuff down there...we're just visiting family right now. We'll be back down there just after Thanksgiving.

And I'll be ready to race a 'lil...I wanna take on a $300k car or two...heh

SR
Old 11-13-01, 01:36 PM
matt7184
Pole Position

Originally posted by CmputerWiz
We've already moved our stuff down there...we're just visiting family right now. We'll be back down there just after Thanksgiving.

And I'll be ready to race a 'lil...I wanna take on a $300k car or two...heh

SR
Trust me, there are plenty (especially 360s).
Old 11-13-01, 04:01 PM
whosdady
Rookie

Exclamation Proceed with caution

I purchased my 93 SC400 from FFF. Unfortunately I live in St. Louis and was not able to check out the car in person.I asked them very specific questions, all of which were answered spicifically and had little room for error.

In short they ended up paying me off after my lawyer conacted them with a list a mile long...

I would say more but I am bound by a contract.
Old 11-14-01, 04:15 PM
XTC
Driver

Guys... I have been in he car business my whole life. My father runs a autoshop and was a dealer at one point, and now i am opening the doors to my dealership Accelerated Auto Inc. www.acceleratedauto.com within the next few weeks. I have dealt with Floida Fine Cars, they buy the cars at the Ft Lauderdale Auto Auction just like i do. They are mostly Israeli's just like i am (Jason "XTC" SEGEV from the NEGEV EHHH???). I have to remain honest here... i havent had a bad expericne with them, but i havent had a good one. They want to make money. An auction car is not a private sale car, 90% of the time it is a leftover from a dealer that couldnt sell i on th lot and needed to liquidate it. But hey, dont let me scare you, i bought my LEX sc400 from the auction and its been the love of my life and i paid minimal dollar (ask me if you want to know details).

I guess i really wasnt that much of a help, but that is my input.

www.carfax.com is a good way to tell about the milage. Or open the dash and look for tampering signs.
Old 12-14-01, 03:17 AM
Camshaft
Lead Lap

I was wondering about them too. Any other way other than CarFax and a good lawyer on speed dial to keep from getting screwed at this place? I have the money, and I was a mechanic, but I am from Arkansas so the drive down would need to be fruitful. I need some help from the experienced here.
Thanks
Old 12-14-01, 08:05 AM
CmputerWiz
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by shutdown20
I was wondering about them too. Any other way other than CarFax and a good lawyer on speed dial to keep from getting screwed at this place? I have the money, and I was a mechanic, but I am from Arkansas so the drive down would need to be fruitful. I need some help from the experienced here.
Thanks
If you get a list of answers from them... I'll go by and look at the car myself to see if everything checks out. If they'll let me testdrive it without them in it, I'll check the compression on the first couple and last cylinders if its a SC300. (only ones you can get to easy)

SR
Old 12-18-01, 09:17 PM
Camshaft
Lead Lap

CmputerWiz, my email is camshaft20@yahoo.com , if you could, I would really appreciate it. How is your SC feeling, by the way? Me and a friend will drop by on the way down, we both fell in love with your car when we saw the pics from NOPI.
Old 12-19-01, 10:12 AM
CmputerWiz
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by shutdown20
CmputerWiz, my email is camshaft20@yahoo.com , if you could, I would really appreciate it. How is your SC feeling, by the way? Me and a friend will drop by on the way down, we both fell in love with your car when we saw the pics from NOPI.
I'm at CmputerWiz@aol.com, shoot me the mail with the answers they gave you, I'll go take a look at it Saturday and drive it around a little.

I think you'll enjoy riding in my car too. It's just odd to sit in one of these...and have it "really" GO. Jeff's car is the one you really should see, his is tuned and tested, much smoother than mine. But of course I'm going more for the "as much power until my engine explodes" and his is actually reliable AND fast!

SR