SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

straight up robbed!

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-07, 09:48 AM
Jonathan o
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry about the car. Thank GOD nothing happen to you. Good luck with the insurance.
Old 01-30-07, 10:19 AM
SCSJ
Lead Lap

Now you can get my NA-T SC or 600hp NA-T supra
Old 01-30-07, 10:23 AM
chrispy

Received 79 Likes on 37 Posts

wow, i was thinking about buying your car too. glad you are okay.
Old 01-30-07, 11:43 AM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good thing that guy died. Hope he was in pain during his final seconds
Old 01-30-07, 01:34 PM
hass
Lexus Champion

wow that is crazy, i'm glad you weren't hurt. lol i can't believe he still stayed in the area after stealing your car.
-hass
Old 01-30-07, 01:38 PM
play123boi
Pole Position

That fool was really stupid and yes, karma does catch up with you as was proven here good luck with finding a new car and I hope that you can get your invested money back!
Old 01-30-07, 01:51 PM
cloudnine
Pole Position

I'm glad you're OK, buddy. And I agree that capital punishment is too lenient in some cases, ha ha.
Old 01-30-07, 01:56 PM
2JZGTE-SC
Pole Position

dude, thats crazy, you're SC is famous now..

Is there any police footage of the chase? or just that aftermath news clip
Old 01-30-07, 06:12 PM
vince1128
Lexus Test Driver

Im not gonna lie, im ****ing speechless...that is insaneeeeeeee. i do think sc's are safer then that, i guess he wasnt wearing YOUR seat belt. judging by the damage on the (what looks to be a) focus, he wasnt goin WAY over the speed limit. long hood, 3600 lbs, air bags, you'd think he would be okay from that crash, but i guess he wasnt wearin a seatbelt. that is ****in insane, and im real sorry about your car.

as for a new car...who ever said it was right about waitin for the 8g accord, that will be verrry nice.
but i wouldnt get a tsx, and an rx8 will be slow... stay away from american for sure, how about an 8 series lol
Old 01-30-07, 06:17 PM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Received 1,360 Likes on 1,079 Posts

Man, glad you did the right thing and just gave it up. A car is not worth your life. Kinda feel sorry for that guy too, never know he may have had a Mental problem, been on drugs or something. Thank God you're OK.
Old 01-31-07, 12:20 AM
Luv Da Lex
Lexus Test Driver

be thankful dude. my close friend's school friend got killed when he was outside a party in his car near my house. some fools rolled up on him and pulled a gun on him and wanted his car. they shot him in the head and didnt even take the car. heard he was a good guy worked hard for his car and he was only like 20. criminals should just die. what makes things wrost in CA is the that prison is so jam packed that theyre just releasing people early. now theres excon running around doin teh same thing they were doin before.
Old 02-01-07, 03:13 PM
LXotic
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Sc dRifta
dibs on your coilovers and rims let me know i got cash ready
How can you start saying that when he could have been killed..
People like you really **** me off

Hey glad to know your ok.......
Be cautious as possible from now on.
I hope your life would be in peace for a LOOOOOOONG time..
good luck bro
Old 02-01-07, 04:20 PM
1JZ300
Lexus Test Driver

damn dude.....glad to see your ok, no more lexus' for you huh??
Old 02-04-07, 10:27 PM
GalantVR4
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Theft

Well, thank god you're ok..and you're lucky the punk *** didn't take you with him!
As for his not wearing a seatbelt..good for him, now he can't breed more like him.
That thought about crashing your car is correct if you're jacked..just don't try to hit another car..pick a building..AFTER you get your seatbelt on..because few thieves will remember to do that. The insurance company won't charge you for a wreck..not at gunpoint!

Sucks about your car though. Are you going to buy it back from the ins co and part her out fully? Honestly I'd do that for what they'll give you for it. MOST insurance companies will hose you and only give you WHOLESALE..exactly what a DEALER would pay for it. I got hosed on a (go ahead and laugh..I don't mind) GEO METRO convertible I bought brand new in 92. I had just outrun six cops running to work and didn't know it till I got home and I had four neighbors waiting with a case of beer wanting to know how i got away..and I honestly didn't even realize I had been chased. So, figuring the car was "marked" I traded it in on a little economy car..and I hit EIGHT DEER that nite driving it home..pulled it so hard I ripped two tires off the beads, but alas, it did not handle like my Z.. I lost 3 grand on the car and it had 232 miles on it..state farm shafted me..

So don't plan on getting a whole lot..unless you've got one heck of a nice insurance agent.. If you didn't have full coverage..ouch...but it sounds like you did, right? Still, you might want to part her out. What I can't figure out is how the SC got so much damage hitting a little beer can like a focus, or whatever it was. A focus isn't really known to be a TANK in an accident either..did the guy hit a pole or something as well?

Anyway, good luck on the search. Go find yourself a nice Galant VR4..I've got two of them, and I'll be driving them till I die..absolutely awesome cars..great grandaddy of the EVO series..sleeper central too. My SC is my "date" car (I'm 44..so I can do that) but my daily driver is my white GVR4..

And that's why I live in the middle of the US, in a town of 1500 rednecks..30 miles south of Omaha. Because we can still leave the keys in our cars at nite and nobody steals them, and I honestly haven't locked my house in 15 years..no idea where the keys are either. No crime to speak of..great place to raise my kids, but the downside is: BORING.

Glad to see you're ok..if that happened around here, well, I imagine his entire family would be getting buried right now..

At least he can't breed anymore.. Just think about that galant..not many thieves know what one is..and how many people jack a 4 door that looks like a nissan stanza?

Dave
Old 02-05-07, 09:36 PM
MJHSC400
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I totally hate seeing someone robbed like this man-- Glad you're ok most of all.

For all those saying you're glad a person died just because he stole a $10,000 car, come on guys, people make mistakes, sometimes huge ones, it's very possible this man had no intentions of hurting anyone, nobody will ever know, but he didn't hurt anyone seriously except himself, which is better than the alternative--- The man could've very likely been on drugs, or trying to get some with this car-- what he did was wrong, but I disagree that he deserved to die for it.

It's a huge deal when someone dies, and there are many people out there that have been down the wrong path, and have turned from it and lived to tell about it, and possibly even done good things that have contributed to others lives forever, possibly even mine and yours-- You never know what someone's been through to get to where they are--- That's all I'm saying--

I used to be a cokehead many years ago, and was getting dangerously close to being this kind of person, but I changed, and never hurt anyone or myself in the process, and I believe I've had a very good influence on many people after getting away from that lifestyle-- I promise, there was no style in that life-- Things like this come from it. It's only a matter of time when a good kid gets on drugs for fun, then turns into a junkie, then robs to support an overpowering habit they cannot afford. It happens to people from good families too, and it sucks bad, right up there with abortion. It's infuriating to say the least, and I'm sure many feel the same way I do about it.

I'm glad you're ok bro-- I hope you get a nice set of wheels in return and that it doesn't effect you for a long time man. When it's not your turn, it's just not, and nobody can change that.

Last edited by MJHSC400; 02-05-07 at 09:43 PM.

Quick Reply: straight up robbed!