SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

YOU GUYS WILL NEVER BELIEVE THIS!!!, haha

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-07, 10:42 AM
hemogoblin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How did the guy get there or meet you? Did he take the bus or something? And where was this sold on? did you list your mods?
Old 02-01-07, 10:46 AM
play123boi
Pole Position

Originally Posted by rykwebb
Well, white or black or yellow or whatever the f***, concentrate all your energy into getting positive results for this guy. I dont have any people in LA to help but if I can, say the word. Youve got family and I envy your patience and humor towards this situation, I cant say Id be so timid, maybe one day Ill learn.
I agree but iono if he can get all of his investment back because insurance does not cover all of his loss. Can you even claim things like engine swaps?
Old 02-01-07, 10:59 AM
Lexiss_sc430
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When he called he said he was outside my office, since I had given him directions to the parking lot in the back on my office and he called saying hey I’m here by your car... And I work in a pretty public place its not like it was in the middle of nowhere, He had wanted to meet so I said you know what I’m on my way to work, if you want to meet me there you can come here and the cars in the parking lot in the back.

It was on auto trader... nothing special on the add, the usual mumbo jumbo, and a frontal pic of the car.
Old 02-01-07, 11:32 AM
bigmalik00
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lucky SC
no one made any racist comments towards black people play123

someone said that a black guy tried to stand them up earlier, but it was only for the purpose of trying to profile the thief accurately and they said no offense in any way.

the guy in the situation just happened to be black, you can't leave that out of a profile for a thief simply to be politically correct.

i agree with you though, there are a lot of thieves out there you would not expect to see. but the chances of someone robbing you in a full business suit as opposed to some ripped up clothes that don't fit are not too high to be completely honest
I could be wrong. Facts....
1. Sunny California drop top weather (if I had a drop in cali it would get the most miles.
2. new whip. Why would you drive the old car to work?
3. Ironically the day you drive the old car to work someone wants to buy
4. A bummy, dirty, crooked tooth man walks up to you and wants to buy your Lexus and you take him seriously.
5. Yes his SC is nice, hell every SC on this site is nice but will the dealership give you want you think is close to its value......NO
6. This wouldn't be the first time someone got over and used a black man as a culprit.
7. Job parking lot and no one else saw anything?

I am not calling him out, I really feel for dude. It seems he is a family man and I would hate to be on that stage but there are many holes. like I said I hope the police get to the bottom of it and find the culprit. I hate thieves in any entity.
I never said he took a shot at blacks. All races rob and steal. Props out to you for being cool and let anyone look at your car. Overall you did the right thing

Last edited by bigmalik00; 02-01-07 at 11:40 AM.
Old 02-01-07, 11:43 AM
Lucky SC
Lexus Test Driver

numbers 1-4 and 7 are calling him out

and 5 and 6 are sympathizing with him, i really don't know what you're getting at here, i hardly think that insurance fraud would be the best path on like an 10 yr old old car with some mods on it.

1. it could be cold or raining so don't jump to conclusions
2. i'd be putting all the miles i could on the old car before i sell it, the new car isn't going anywhere.
3. did he say it was the first day? i presume he has driven it to work plenty of times before hand, considering... he works there...
4. he said he had baggy clothes on and had crooked teeth? so his sense of style and being unattractive makes him not have money? most people in the 18-27 yr old age group who want our cars are not gonna be wearing a business suit casually around. and it doesn't take a millionare to buy these cars, they're pretty cheap now.

7. prob because they're all inside WORKING
Old 02-01-07, 12:00 PM
play123boi
Pole Position

Relax everyone why are we even arguing about this stuff? Dude got his car stole and either it will be recovered or not, We are not here to judge what happened hell he only shared this info b/c he is part of the forum. We need to chill, including myself. (don't want to start a flame war)
Old 02-01-07, 12:10 PM
bigmalik00
Lexus Champion

I like you Lucky.... no on the real. I wouldn't call him out. I really felt him when he said he put his family first and was happy he didn't get hurt. When I taught HS I was pulled up by another teacher because I use to defend the weak (nerds, I guess). He said the jungle is bigger than the tribe and they need this to prepare for the jungle. So at minimum if the cops come drilling him next week he will be ready after this thread. This is on me for free.
REAL TALK!
Old 02-01-07, 12:27 PM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by play123boi
Relax everyone why are we even arguing about this stuff?
well because George Bush hates black people of course. And a black dude stole his car. And my tires are black and they need to be replaced, so they're no good either.

Tommy, you know better man. Your spidey senses didn't warn you something wasn't kosher with this smelly 80's Compton throwback looking cat?...but I'm glad you didn't resist or even have to deal with any threats from the dude. I've been carjacked, and there was gun-play and shots fired...so obviously in your case you did the correct thing.

Nappy hair, Raider sweatshirt, and some cortez? Dawg...lol...c'mon. You KNOW better.
Old 02-01-07, 12:44 PM
Ohio SC
Driver School Candidate

lexiss sc400 I am really sorry for your loss. **** happens! Anyone who says they never had a dumb-*** attack is a LIAR! You can't cover every base every time. Our society is built on trust, white, black, purple or what ever color, we want to believe that people are good and decent. Most are. Hope everything works for you.....
Old 02-01-07, 12:44 PM
hemogoblin
Lexus Test Driver

Why would anyone even questioning this guy? He just got his car jacked. You guys asked who jacked it, and he answered. Why even take shots at the guy.

Anyway, i'll be on the lookout for you here in the Valley. You dont still work at Fitness do you? It didnt happen there did it ?
Old 02-01-07, 01:38 PM
Lexiss_sc430
Lexus Champion

A) I had three cars at the time, why would I drive my new "drop top" sc with only 14 K miles to it back and forth to work? Where I park it in the back of our building next to some shmucks who although you park at the end of the lot think it’s the thing to do to park right next to you.

b) I usually drive the LS to work and switch between that and the old sc, but when someone calls you and says I want to see the car today and you are at home, wouldn’t common sense tell you to take the car in question to work that day?

c) What kind of moron would post on a public forum, which other people, cops and possibly the insurance company may troll and read thru. come on man I might not have been the brightest crayon in the box but gimmie a lil credit. I have never and will never try to make a cheep dollar off of petty crime, dude I can and do make way more than 8 thousand a month with ease.. I don’t need to lower myself to that level of crime for a few bucks. I would rather sell the car at a lose.

d) and this whole week the weathers been crappy here, rain, wet, mud and I have white interior on the new sc.. Would u drive it out in that weather…. That’s my weekend car/going out car.

I swear the cop was laughing it off with me, he sweated me less than my fellow forum members.

Originally Posted by bigmalik00
I could be wrong. Facts....
1. Sunny California drop top weather (if I had a drop in cali it would get the most miles.
2. new whip. Why would you drive the old car to work?
3. Ironically the day you drive the old car to work someone wants to buy
4. A bummy, dirty, crooked tooth man walks up to you and wants to buy your Lexus and you take him seriously.
5. Yes his SC is nice, hell every SC on this site is nice but will the dealership give you want you think is close to its value......NO
6. This wouldn't be the first time someone got over and used a black man as a culprit.
7. Job parking lot and no one else saw anything?

I am not calling him out, I really feel for dude. It seems he is a family man and I would hate to be on that stage but there are many holes. like I said I hope the police get to the bottom of it and find the culprit. I hate thieves in any entity.
I never said he took a shot at blacks. All races rob and steal. Props out to you for being cool and let anyone look at your car. Overall you did the right thing
Old 02-01-07, 01:45 PM
Lexiss_sc430
Lexus Champion

I know mike, but I myself some times bum it... granted I don’t smell and I still look half way decent, I didn’t wanna just be an ******* and say you know what I don’t think you can afford this car or so on. There has been a few times where I have gone into high end stores or to buy car with friends and just because we were dressed like bums people thought we were theives or that we couldn’t afford what they had.. and I don’t like that feeling, and so I wouldn’t make someone else feel that way.
I think there are bad apples in every race, religion, culture.. Like **** I’m a Iranian Muslim… you don’t think we have stereo types?

Originally Posted by mikeloc24
Tommy, you know better man. Your spidey senses didn't warn you something wasn't kosher with this smelly 80's Compton throwback looking cat?...but I'm glad you didn't resist or even have to deal with any threats from the dude. I've been carjacked, and there was gun-play and shots fired...so obviously in your case you did the correct thing.

Nappy hair, Raider sweatshirt, and some cortez? Dawg...lol...c'mon. You KNOW better.
Old 02-01-07, 02:43 PM
CleanCL
Lead Lap

i skimmed through the thread, but why did the guy have the keys? i feel like this is partially the owners fault and could have been avoided?
Old 02-01-07, 02:48 PM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by CleanCL
i skimmed through the thread, but why did the guy have the keys? i feel like this is partially the owners fault and could have been avoided?
That's why you can't just "skim and post"...you actually have to read the threads entirely. I've stated before that this is a major problem on CL.

But here's a freebie:

Originally Posted by lexiss_sc400
I didn’t really give him the key, but as I opened the doors so he could see the inside of the car, and he asked “how does she sound“, and me being so eager to show him what she can do started her up, then we popped the hood, he asked about the intake and so on, he looked around the engine but it was obvious he didn’t know what he was looking for. Then he sat in the car from the passenger side and said let me turn it off so you don’t waste gas, and after that point I just forgot about the key and it was left in the ignition.
Old 02-01-07, 02:52 PM
CleanCL
Lead Lap

my comment is still valid. its not like he said "i had the keys, the guy must have hot wired the car"

point in case: owner error. left the key with the guy. maybe he didnt actually hand him the key, but he left it there.

Quick Reply: YOU GUYS WILL NEVER BELIEVE THIS!!!, haha