SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Got my SC4! and a ticket -_-

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-07, 01:52 PM
aznxenon
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Got my SC4! and a ticket -_-

For those of you who don't know me (assuming pretty much everyone here lol), I came from the Honda scene few years ago when I finally decided to give up my Integra GS-R (after getting broken into 3 times and stolen once).

So, last year January I sold the Integ and took over my dad's 95 Maxima and evenutally turned like this
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/131/3...693ee2.jpg?V=1
while my dad bought this.

So on Saturday, me, mom, and dad were cruising on our way to Super Wall*Mart when...xD ! It's a white SC400 for sale parked on a street! Evenutally we drove back, called the guy, got the info, etc etc. (5k for a clean title 95 SC4 w/ 119k miles)
=D!

New better pix =)

Ticket
Now...here's the lucky aka *****ty part. After I picked up the car from the guy, the car didn't have front plate so I got pulled over by a biker cop (as in freaking 10 min after I bought the car when I'm heading home to handle insurance and stuff!!!!!111) So yep, I got a ticket for no front plate and no insurance

As for the car itself...
Good:
Mint condition rear, new tires, already done brakes and 120k mile service, little/no signs of body damage from collusion
Bad:
Right side passenger door does not open from the outside, Cracks in A/C vent, Nakamichi stereo left channel not playing, 12 disc CD changer not ejecting (when the car is off, haven't tried it when it's on), signs of ashes in the ash tray (no smoke odor tho), when I close the sunroof, if I holdon to the switch it'll stop in midway and Ill have to release finger and push it again to close it all the way, several minor scratches and marks which seems to be able to come off w/ cleaner wax.

Last edited by aznxenon; 03-02-07 at 04:35 PM.
Old 02-27-07, 02:01 PM
sc250tt
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

damn man that sukks ,btw clean dpw sc happy moddings
Old 02-27-07, 02:02 PM
ryanSC300lover
Lead Lap

Received 88 Likes on 68 Posts

My car doesn't have a front plate either. The new bracket and plate is in the trunk. Had I gotten pulled over 10 minutes after I bought the car:

1) Officer, I just bought the car, here is the paperwork, the old owner didn't give me one, I will get one from DMV.
2) My prior insurance policy covers this car. I don't have the paper yet, since I bought the car 10 minutes then ago.

Then again I have a perfect driving record, 0 tickets ever.
Old 02-27-07, 02:05 PM
Dougspeed
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The sunroof operation on yours is normal. It's a safety feature that Toyota stuck on all their cars that had sunroofs for those model years from the mid 80's all the way up to the late 90's in case you somehow forget to move your hand out of the way of the closing roof. The first Toyota I drove that didn't do this was an 01 Lexus GS.
Old 02-27-07, 02:40 PM
aznxenon
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by ryanSC300lover
My car doesn't have a front plate either. The new bracket and plate is in the trunk. Had I gotten pulled over 10 minutes after I bought the car:

1) Officer, I just bought the car, here is the paperwork, the old owner didn't give me one, I will get one from DMV.
2) My prior insurance policy covers this car. I don't have the paper yet, since I bought the car 10 minutes then ago.

Yeah, I have clean driving record as well. Only got a ticket on the Integ for not having front plate as well lol. When I took it to the station to get it signed, the guy was telling me how the bikers have a thing against front plates and he would have let me go if it was him who pulled me over.

Oh and, another problem is...when the door is opened, the the fog light light up on the cluster w/ the emergency lights flashing...(but emergency light does not lit up on the cluster)
Old 03-02-07, 12:10 AM
One_jZ_SC3
Lexus Champion

welcome!! sorry 2 hear about the ticket..but congrats on the car!!
Old 03-02-07, 12:19 AM
Baoser
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

wow that sucks... =(

on a brighter not

Congrats on the SC! your integ looked really good too
Old 03-02-07, 01:04 AM
insomniac
Lead Lap

congrats bro, welcome to the club
the lexus family are quality people
Old 03-09-07, 12:03 AM
teejnut
Lead Lap

aznxenon- i know you... i was the one who gave you the Z32 wheels. welcome to CL.
Old 03-09-07, 09:14 AM
The Ikon
Lexus Champion

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by ryanSC300lover

Right on point!!! Easy ticket to get over turned... Just go to station with your paper work and prestoooooo they will remove it easily... Just do not wait a few weeks later do it ASAP..

Great find and I hope your SC4 works out for you for a long time!!!

Last edited by The Ikon; 03-14-07 at 10:10 PM.
Old 03-10-07, 01:04 AM
SC4Hundred
Lead Lap

nice pick up
Old 03-10-07, 01:17 AM
red400
Driver School Candidate

nice pick up! welcome..you will see the sc is very reliable if you treat her right
Old 03-10-07, 07:23 PM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

nice..

hmm.. i still dont have a front license plate.. haha..

n ive passed like so many cops so far hehe hope my luck dont run out!
Old 08-11-07, 04:14 PM
SClean4
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by aznxenon
It's a white SC400 for sale parked on a street! Evenutally we drove back, called the guy, got the info, etc etc. (5k for a clean title 95 SC4 w/ 119k miles) ... already done brakes and 120k mile service
One thing I would say is parts and maintenance are so expensive. It's good the brakes have already been done (about $600 my mechanic quoted me, not sure how much they usually are) I have a 130k SC400 and took it in for servicing/maintenance (needed timing belt, water pump, etc.) and the total came to $1850. I kind of wish I didn't take it in so I could pay the car loan off but it was kind of driving like it needed a tune-up. If the timing belt, water pump, etc. have already been done, you'll be better off. Just wanted to give you a warning. It was a major wake-up call to me when I realized it literally took all of my savings. I may never do it again (much), unfortunately.
I got a ticket for no front plate and no insurance
Cops are so . He should have just let you go with just a warning or something. You did nothing wrong. Fortunately, it probably won't be more than a few dollars (literally), at least where I'm from. It's usually been when I've had minor traffic violations about four dollars per violation in the end when I have to pay the clerk. I haven't got any kind of ticket in my SC, though yet, even though I've probably deserved one a time or two or three or more.

Right side passenger door does not open from the outside, Cracks in A/C vent, Nakamichi stereo left channel not playing
You should be able to get those things fixed/replaced/looked at relatively cheap. My right side A/C vent has a very small crack on it, too. There are SC vents on eBay sometimes. Also, there's the crack that are on a lot of SCs apparently on the left side of the driver's side window switch.

12 disc CD changer not ejecting (when the car is off, haven't tried it when it's on).
I'm not sure if it's a bug or what but the CD cartridge sometimes doesn't eject/come to the surface immediately. I have to close the tray door several times and keep pressing the eject button sometimes before it will come up to the surface to be pulled out. I'm not sure what that is, if it's a bug or just supposed to do that...

And, yes, the sunroof stopping halfway is a safety feature. I thought it was some kind of wiring short or something at first, too, but then read on here that it was supposed to do that.
Old 08-11-07, 04:50 PM
iasc300
Lexus Champion

Looks good bro- dont worry about the sunroof- they all do that- welcome to CL

Quick Reply: Got my SC4! and a ticket -_-