SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

What makes a Lexus SC400 ghetto?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-01, 06:20 AM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hahaha

No one here called CompWiz's car ghetto 1SickLex... You're the only one that even said anything about it!!!

I don't agree with the paint job, but hey its not my business... the rest of the car is done extremely well imo... plus there's no image of performance needed there; his car is faster than any car on this board save for a select few other turbo SC300s
Old 11-20-01, 06:27 AM
CmputerWiz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Bean
hahaha

No one here called CompWiz's car ghetto 1SickLex... You're the only one that even said anything about it!!!

I don't agree with the paint job, but hey its not my business... the rest of the car is done extremely well imo... plus there's no image of performance needed there; his car is faster than any car on this board save for a select few other turbo SC300s
Well nobody pointed out my car directly...but they listed a few things that I for sure have. So indirectly, they did. And for someone to single out my car and say "well not yours, the others with stickers" would make it sound even more stupid. This isn't directed at a certain person, I've just seen many people say "well that civic looks stupid with the stickers, they look ok on your car, his is riced" even when they have minimal stickers, and only for mods they actually have.

But like I said...doesn't really matter if people call my car ghetto or not...if I like it, I like it. And for people that don't like tha paint, it'll be solid white soon enough. And then with a few months after that, it'll be a new color/colors. I'm one for alot of chance on my car.

SR
Old 11-20-01, 08:14 AM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

I think they are talking about that Civic with lots of stickers still being a STOCK Civic or a civic with boltons... so instead of running 18s it runs 17s

riced out and ghetto are two different things imo...

riced out is a car with lots of stickers that shout performance while there is none...

ghetto would be a car with lots of stickers that are flaking and coming off, whether its fast or not
Old 11-20-01, 08:57 AM
hellasboy
Lexus Test Driver

anyone care to give there input on what type of classes there are for cars? I can immediately think of 4 classes.

Tuner - Rice
(Luxury?) - Ghetto

Rice being on the extreme end of the Tuner spectrum.
I don't know of class-type name for Luxury (maybe VIP?), but ghetto being on the extreme end of that spectrum.

Last edited by hellasboy; 11-20-01 at 08:59 AM.
Old 11-20-01, 10:07 AM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

hellasboy, that sounds about right

there are opposite ends of the spectrum... where do you find yourself?

There is Tuner on one side where all you care about is performance 1st and looks last... you would tub and strip out your interior and put slicks on your car and drive it to work everyday... you run race gas for normal driving, with either a drag racing suspension or a road racing suspension... you have back problems from it but you dont care

Then there is Rice, where all you care about is to look cool... big systems, big rims, big bodykits, big wings, and big stickers... performance comes last because no one ever races on the street anyway, and besides, your ride is a ringer so it can take any modified car when you're running NOS octane booster.

Which part of the spectrum are you?

performance----------------------------------------------------looks

I find myself here:
performance-------------o--------------------------------------looks

I dunno if luxury and ghetto would work on the same spectrum tho... ghetto is more like a screwed up image of luxury... like Fundamentalists are to Islam
Old 11-20-01, 11:38 AM
The Ikon
Lexus Champion

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

And those damn chandaliers and 4 TVs or maybe I'm the only one that hates these..
Old 11-20-01, 11:44 AM
importtoys
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

T.V.'s are cool Havent seen the chandaliers yet..... Maybe in Lowriders?
Old 11-20-01, 11:48 AM
The Ikon
Lexus Champion

I like TV's too, but 4 in a SC or small car is to much for me... If it is a show car it's okay...
Old 11-20-01, 03:05 PM
MadMaxSC400
Lexus Test Driver

*** I state this as opinion, not fact ***
One reason (aside from being dirt cheap) that I bought the L-Tuned 18"s for my car is that OEM tuned tends to look more impressive than aftermarket tuned, imo. People look at John Doe's lowered SC riding on 20's with low-wattage blue lights and clear corners and huge non-stock looking tips and think it's a nice rice burner. People look at my car, and see a Lexus emblem on these nice rims with huge tires in the back, stock shape chrome exhaust tips, the high wattage blue bulbs, and they take notice. Other people with SC's stare at my car
Tastefully upgraded and as functional as possible, people see where my money went when I floor it.
Old 11-20-01, 03:17 PM
CmputerWiz
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by MadMaxSC400
*** I state this as opinion, not fact ***
One reason (aside from being dirt cheap) that I bought the L-Tuned 18"s for my car is that OEM tuned tends to look more impressive than aftermarket tuned, imo. People look at John Doe's lowered SC riding on 20's with low-wattage blue lights and clear corners and huge non-stock looking tips and think it's a nice rice burner. People look at my car, and see a Lexus emblem on these nice rims with huge tires in the back, stock shape chrome exhaust tips, the high wattage blue bulbs, and they take notice. Other people with SC's stare at my car
Tastefully upgraded and as functional as possible, people see where my money went when I floor it.
L-Tuned wheels for the SC?? I would like to have those...maybe. What size are they? I'm tryin to fit a WIDE WIDE tire on the back.... How much did they charge ya if you don't mind me asking?

SR
Old 11-20-01, 04:11 PM
c_irie
Driver

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

btw what exactly is a chandalier in a car
Old 11-20-01, 08:47 PM
MadMaxSC400
Lexus Test Driver

They aren't offical SC wheels, though they fit perfectly. They're the L-Tuned OZ Salina 18 inchers for the GS430. 18x9.5 in the rear and 18x8.5 in the front. The diameters match perfectly, and you get 265/35/ZR18 rear Michelin Pilot Sport tires (fronts are 245/35 I think) as part of the deal. The set costs $2300 dollars, and you can get them from any Lexus dealer. The car is just STUCK to the ground with them, you won't believe it till you try it
Old 11-20-01, 09:44 PM
The Ikon
Lexus Champion

Exclamation

Originally posted by c_irie
btw what exactly is a chandalier in a car
It is when you put a mini chandalier in your car as you would in a dining room in your home.:eek: People actually mount these lighted things in the top of their cars/suvs. The damn things are as big as basketballs in some cars and as small as a football in others.

They have all colors lighting as well and all type of designs as a home unit.

**Only in your finest ghetto shops and ghetto rides everywhere!

I'm hoping you are not planning on getting one for you ride:eek: !
Old 11-21-01, 12:56 AM
MadMaxSC400
Lexus Test Driver

My car is green, and gold emblems look good on a green car. If I ever get around to having the car repainted (probably some really off the wall color ) I will most likely make it REALLY bright and use smoked chrome emblems. I must say I like the Jap SOARER logos, esp. with a real Toyota logo on the back... I bet it shuts all the "that's an expensive Toyota" people up. As for the stock spoiler, I'm not worried about traction at 150mph. If you aren't a jackass that puts the thing on a front wheeel drive car, and you autocross or something then I don't care. I DO think that the older spoilers look better than the new ones, which have an air of nonfunctionality about them. At least the curve makes it look like it does something, and I'd be very suprised if it didn't.
--There will always be a line that exists in people's minds about what looks right and what doesn't. If your car crosses the line in enough people's minds it will be clowned, regardless of what functionality the stuff has.--
But hell, rice is rice... I saw rice-kraut a few days ago when some mental defective had an 18 inch 2 tier combat spoiler kind of bolted onto a 90 or 91 (later gen body style) BMW 735i's trunk. That was true ghettoness actually... rice would have been that hideous thing and a full body kit and cut springs with no camber adjustment
For a good time go to www.beaterz.com and bask in the horrifying realities of what rice and ghetto really are
Old 11-21-01, 01:07 AM
MadMaxSC400
Lexus Test Driver

One other thing, I'm reading through that post on 3rdshift and I'm laughing my a$$ off... at the girl's red wheels... and their looney conversation. this is a riot

Quick Reply: What makes a Lexus SC400 ghetto?