SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)
View Poll Results: Would you drive your SC without an airbag in the steering wheel
No, its too dangerous if you get into an accident
40.26%
Yes, its not a big deal
59.74%
Voters: 154. You may not vote on this poll

SC owners would you drive without an airbag in your steering wheel?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-07, 02:49 PM
Snapshift
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Like this matters, but two of my friends are Highway Patrolmen and my cousin's a Cop....... Ive asked both my pals what they think about airbags, both replying that the bags did more dammage to the drivers than good "Broken Jaws, noses, Burns and facial injuries"........ My cousin has had 4 cars with bags in em.... He's disconnected every single one because he claims to feel safer without one...... I dont have one in my SC, Im not too concerned as well because i dont like the idea of something deploying a foot from my face & chest....... Everybody has their idea of safety, do whats right for you.......
Old 04-01-07, 10:17 PM
VegasSC300
Driver

I would rather get hurt by an airbag deployment then to die from the impact of a car crash. That is why they invented the freaking thing!
Old 04-02-07, 09:04 AM
twizted
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thats not fully why they invented the things but anyway. Im only doing it because I have 3" 5 point harneses and a bar. I wont be getting anywhere near where the airbag would deploy. Maybe i should be wearing a helmet and the hans device to...
Old 04-02-07, 09:43 PM
VegasSC300
Driver

Oh your right...I forgot they invented the airbags to wake up the drunks that fall asleep at the wheel. When they run off the road and hit something the airbag deploys and awakes them up.

Ha... just kidding. But I see your point for not needing one if your racing.
Old 04-03-07, 03:34 PM
twizted
Instructor

Well actually in some cases especially with lowered cars like many of ours. You can curb the bottom and they will deploy i have seen it a few times, that will cause you to wreck. Other times like in my wreck in my accord which was anihilated it didnt go off before.
Old 04-07-07, 11:02 PM
LexusFTW
Lexus Test Driver

I dont think its ugly...
Attached Thumbnails SC owners would you drive without an airbag in your steering wheel?-interior-004.jpg  
Old 04-09-07, 08:34 AM
silencer92
Rookie

ALL CARS should have an airbags, ALL SUVs should have airbags, EVERY car or truck or any automobile should have an airbag for safety. Looks do not matter when you're dead. Simple as that. If your car doesnt have an airbag, Get one.
Old 04-09-07, 09:49 AM
IOWNALEXUS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by silencer92
ALL CARS should have an airbags, ALL SUVs should have airbags, EVERY car or truck or any automobile should have an airbag for safety. Looks do not matter when you're dead. Simple as that. If your car doesnt have an airbag, Get one.
Have you ever been hit by an airbag? im gonna bet NO!, why dont you come back and talk after you face has been smashed and your wrist sliced open from them. the airbags did more damage than anything else.
Old 04-09-07, 10:26 AM
Dr.Zeus
Lead Lap

I dont think it would look to sexy in an accident
Old 04-09-07, 10:41 AM
twizted
Instructor

Originally Posted by INEEDANSC3
Have you ever been hit by an airbag? im gonna bet NO!, why dont you come back and talk after you face has been smashed and your wrist sliced open from them. the airbags did more damage than anything else.
Just give up, people that havent went through it or havent been in the tech part of the industry will just say oh well it would have been worse without it....
Old 10-15-07, 11:35 PM
TTSC3
Pole Position

I can speak from life saving experiences on both sides of the spectrum. I was involved in a wreck where the airbag saved my head some serious damage, although it was pretty rough on my arms, I wouldn't have traded the burns/cuts I got on my arms and face for a swelled up brain. Seatbelts are what REALLY save you though, and I can tell you firsthand that the airbag didn't help me one bit when I got into a wreck and ended up in a coma for 4 months! I didn't have a seatbelt on, and although the airbag deployed, I was still toasted. I'm lucky to be alive. An airbag is exactly what it states it is...SUPPLEMENTAL! The real restraint is the seatbelt.
Old 10-16-07, 07:31 PM
Black_SC
Lexus Champion

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

no i would not.
Old 10-16-07, 08:56 PM
twizted
Instructor

[quote=MTSC3;2490930]
Originally Posted by TRD_Power
As safe as the SC's are, I would NEVER drive ANY car without duel airbagsQUOTE]
I notice in your sig you have an 1970 Chevelle SS, I cant imagine that you put airbags in that, so I will gladly drive it for you
I have another car without airbags and I have also owned many cars without them. I dont worry about not having one, but I wouldnt remove them from my Lexus.
In a Kelso voice, Oh you are so burned! Oh btw: air bags like to burn you to lol
Old 10-17-07, 04:21 AM
RedPhoenix
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Airbags kill more then they save.

I would trade airbag for a nice harness.
Old 10-17-07, 09:42 AM
zzaldyy
Driver School Candidate

its the only way to go.

Quick Reply: SC owners would you drive without an airbag in your steering wheel?