SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Received the sc today.

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-07, 07:57 PM
LSEGHATCH
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just want the body work taken care of, everything else is simple and/or was going to be replaced because of parts I had planned to put on the car. I'm thinking of sending the car back and getting my money if he refuses to reinburse me something worth while.

I don't see how someone can sell a car that isn't what they say it is.
Old 03-18-07, 10:07 PM
IOWNALEXUS
Lexus Test Driver

Seems to me that this is your fault, you should have gone up there and looked over the car really well BEFORE you handed over the money and negotiated with the seller on what you found wrong at the time or walked and found another car.(after all its a 10+yo vehicle, dont expect it to be gem mint 10 showroom new) Ive gone to look at "nice" cars only to find they are junk when i got there but id NEVER part with any money before i see what im buying thats just stupid. everyones definition of "clean" or "solid" can be different.I dont know if the person you bought it from is a dealer or not but if you bought the car AS IS used then you arent entitled to be retuned your money so if you dont like it then i suggest you either sell it to someone else or fix it,learn an important lesson about looking at a car before handing over ANY money and quit whining!!!

Last edited by IOWNALEXUS; 03-18-07 at 10:14 PM.
Old 03-18-07, 10:36 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 360 Likes on 230 Posts

Originally Posted by INEEDANSC3
Seems to me that this is your fault, you should have gone up there and looked over the car really well BEFORE you handed over the money and negotiated with the seller on what you found wrong at the time or walked and found another car.(after all its a 10+yo vehicle, dont expect it to be gem mint 10 showroom new) Ive gone to look at "nice" cars only to find they are junk when i got there but id NEVER part with any money before i see what im buying thats just stupid. everyones definition of "clean" or "solid" can be different.I dont know if the person you bought it from is a dealer or not but if you bought the car AS IS used then you arent entitled to be retuned your money so if you dont like it then i suggest you either sell it to someone else or fix it,learn an important lesson about looking at a car before handing over ANY money and quit whining!!!
I agree with a lot of that, but what get's me are the one's that go shopping for an SC with like $3500 and won't stop before they find a 96 with 65k on the ODO. If it has a scratch....... $3450.

THOSE are the one's I avoid.
Old 03-18-07, 11:21 PM
LSEGHATCH
Pole Position

No that is not what is going on here. I knew how old the car was, but the alignment of the kit and bad (new) paint just really disappointed me. I paid enough to get what this car should've been.
Old 03-18-07, 11:33 PM
okiaristo
Pole Position

Originally Posted by INEEDANSC3

i Agree. when i bought my wheels from another member, i got a lot of pics and was giving exactly what i paid for. did you get pics? i dont mean some 300 footers, i mean when you email him and say i want close ups of this, this and this?
Old 03-18-07, 11:42 PM
LSEGHATCH
Pole Position

yes i received pictures and requested pictures. I even asked him how the kit fit and if there were any dents, scratches, blemishes, and how the kit fit. He answered and the pictures I had showed it to be true.

The car was misrepresented.
Old 03-19-07, 11:44 AM
got_trd
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LSEGHATCH
yes i received pictures and requested pictures. I even asked him how the kit fit and if there were any dents, scratches, blemishes, and how the kit fit. He answered and the pictures I had showed it to be true.

The car was misrepresented.
Ok i think its time i put my word in this thread...

Did you not look the car over when you came down to FL to pick it up? Im sure you did. So any misfitment issues/scratches you saw should have been discussed with the seller then and there? Dont tell me you looked at the car for 2 seconds and gave the guy his money and drove off....

When I bought my SC300 it was from a guy down in south florida. I found the car on auto trader. I drove down there with money and hand. But of course, I looked the car over pretty thoroughly in/out. Drove the vehicle around the block several times, chatted with the seller for atleast a hour and a half then handed him the check and drove home. I still to this day call him up every now and then to see wuts going on.

I think the mistake you made was taking the car home and from what it seems like you neglected to look the car over before you took delivery of it. So in no way do I see this as the sellers fault.

I am only being so defensive because ive spoken to the seller of your car several times. And I am pretty good friends with the previous owner before him so I know the cars condition.

this is the particular car in question that you bought:
the infamous white sc300 with blue Work wheels/Vertex style kit
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=198049

IMO, for the price you paid for that car, you got a deal... Come on dude.. Its an SC300 with custom white/blue pearl paint, 5spd!, Vertex Style kit, Tien coilovers, single exhaust, 1JZ, GT35r Single, SAFC, turbo timer, etc.... I know theres more mods, but thats what i know...

Last edited by got_trd; 03-19-07 at 11:48 AM.
Old 03-19-07, 08:01 PM
LSEGHATCH
Pole Position

If you saw the pictures and then saw the car, you'd be pissed too. It's easy to be on the other side of things. Anthony forgot to mention quite a bit to me and lied aobut the condition of the wheels and fitment/condition of the kit. Also, I did not fly down there and look at the car. But I did get as many pics as I could from him and they showed a car in better condition that what I received. He doesn't deny any of it and I sure as hell didn't get what I paid for.

This isn't a case of not likeing the car or anything like that, as I said before the car was misrepresented throughout the sale. I don't know how many times I asked him the same question and scanned the pictures for anything and everything.

I'll have pictures up tomorrow and you can tell me if it was like this when you last saw it.
Old 03-19-07, 08:58 PM
ScottURnot
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by got_trd
Ok i think its time i put my word in this thread...

Did you not look the car over when you came down to FL to pick it up? Im sure you did. So any misfitment issues/scratches you saw should have been discussed with the seller then and there? Dont tell me you looked at the car for 2 seconds and gave the guy his money and drove off....

When I bought my SC300 it was from a guy down in south florida. I found the car on auto trader. I drove down there with money and hand. But of course, I looked the car over pretty thoroughly in/out. Drove the vehicle around the block several times, chatted with the seller for atleast a hour and a half then handed him the check and drove home. I still to this day call him up every now and then to see wuts going on.

I think the mistake you made was taking the car home and from what it seems like you neglected to look the car over before you took delivery of it. So in no way do I see this as the sellers fault.

I am only being so defensive because ive spoken to the seller of your car several times. And I am pretty good friends with the previous owner before him so I know the cars condition.

this is the particular car in question that you bought:
the infamous white sc300 with blue Work wheels/Vertex style kit
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=198049

IMO, for the price you paid for that car, you got a deal... Come on dude.. Its an SC300 with custom white/blue pearl paint, 5spd!, Vertex Style kit, Tien coilovers, single exhaust, 1JZ, GT35r Single, SAFC, turbo timer, etc.... I know theres more mods, but thats what i know...

Dont know what you paid but keep in mind it takes a lot of coin to do all the mods that car has. Also I might mention, it is a sweet car! Want to get rid of it? Wanna sell it to me? I could use a lemon like that. Bring it to KS, I could really us a tricked out sc300 for my collection. I like it!

Good luck getting it all worked out.
Old 03-19-07, 09:20 PM
bodylines1
Driver School Candidate

i just wanted to comment on the fit of the kit i just looked at the link....u can tell that the kit dont fit from the pics....and the paint dosent match... ive installed a vertex knock off on a sc.. that kit suck...theres a weird gap on the door also...nothing lines up...what ever pics u got sent must not have been those or you just dont know what ur looking for....eather way that sucks.im installing a new "Real vertex kit" for s0arer rite now shiped the car from califorina to texas....
Old 03-20-07, 08:34 AM
99navette
Driver

ok its time to put in my words.. i sent him about 20-30 pics in total of the car in every angle of the car. the kit fits good which is what i said it doesn't fit perfect. all aftermarket kits need to be fixed or modified. the paint is clean. but i did i say its no show car.. and i did take pics of each rim. i never once said the car was perfect. to me for a 92 the car is in pretty good cond. and for what you paid for the car was crazy for me to even sell it.. i lost money. im sorry you didn't like it or had higher hopes for it. but i sent tons of pictures of the car. and i never lied to you i was always honest on everything.. you asked if it had chips by the fenders and i said yes but i touched them up the best i could...
Old 03-20-07, 11:19 AM
DryBlaze
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Uh oh.... *grabs popcorn*
Old 03-20-07, 11:26 AM
ScottURnot
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DryBlaze
Uh oh.... *grabs popcorn*
LMAO~~~~~~~~~~
Old 03-20-07, 01:23 PM
silversprucesc3
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In before lock........ lol
Old 03-20-07, 03:19 PM
LSEGHATCH
Pole Position

Here are the pics. None of this was discussed or could be seen in any pictures I received from Anthony. You could see the kit in the pic but the gaps didn't look like this. There is also another wheel with curb rash but I used up space for pics on the card.

Those are cracks, not scratches too. I don't know if there is bondo under there or if there was a mixture problem with the paint.

Quick Reply: Received the sc today.