SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Received the sc today.

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-07, 09:20 PM
Dr.Zeus
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hate to say it but you shoulda checked to see that it was legit... i feel you though
Old 03-20-07, 09:57 PM
Emackny
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Just great..

I just ordered parts from the classified section. This tread is right on time. Thanks alot!

Seriously tho.. good luck. I hope everything works out in your favor.
Old 03-20-07, 10:27 PM
DryBlaze
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn dude, i gotta tell you straight up. The car looks like crap. I would say another word but it would be censored on clublexus.

Originally Posted by The Ikon
Sorry about your deal!!! I had the same thing happen in Chicago with LUXURY MOTORS!!!
Wow, I didnt know that. I love by luxury motors and they have ALOT of top notch cars. I would have never seen this comming from them.
Old 03-20-07, 10:38 PM
The Ikon
Lexus Champion

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by DryBlaze
Damn dude, i gotta tell you straight up. The car looks like crap. I would say another word but it would be censored on clublexus.

Wow, I didnt know that. I love by luxury motors and they have ALOT of top notch cars. I would have never seen this comming from them.
WOW, those pic you posted look really F@%Ked UP!!! really, really not tight at all... I hope you all work out an agreement... Because it is one thing buying a 15 year old beater and buying a CUSTOM car! A CUSTOM car CAN BE MINT... And the seller knew what you were looking for! We can play with words, but he knew what you wanted and expected... There is legal options for you in this dispute..Holla at me if you guys can not settle up...

As for LUXURY MOTORS... Yeah, that what I thought too.. PLUS it took them 2 weeks to put my deposit back into my account!!! But it took those bastards 10 minutes to accept it!!! There was also couple from Ohio, that was buying an $80K Benz and the tires were BAD!!! Those bastards were only trying to change 2 of the tires out! not the entire set and this couple was buying an $80K car!!! I ended up getting my 400 hp 2003 S-Type R blk on blk the same day! Another bad story about service with Howard Orloff!!! for another day...

Luxury MOTORS are nothing but a car mill!! They car nothing about customer service!!!

Last edited by The Ikon; 03-20-07 at 10:46 PM.
Old 03-21-07, 06:07 AM
bodylines1
Driver School Candidate

that car looks like butt
Old 03-21-07, 06:52 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Loose the kit and go OEM 97. Just curious how much did u pay for the car if you don't mind me asking.
Old 03-21-07, 07:10 AM
cip
Pole Position

Originally Posted by DryBlaze
They do have a lot of "top notch" looking cars.... but as IKON noted many, many of them are repairs, salvage, buybacks. A friend of mine looked at 3 of their Mercedes CL's & E's... each one of them had 15+ 'electrical service' repairs going back to the dealer, then sold, then more electrical service listings, then sold again. They suck ... that's why their prices are so low.. they are at all the auctions. I'd bet they'll have a lot of ES350's cheap (buybacks ) soon
Old 03-21-07, 07:14 AM
LSEGHATCH
Pole Position

I paid 14,200 for the car.
Old 03-21-07, 07:31 AM
sc250tt
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by cherplex
Loose the kit and go OEM 97. Just curious how much did u pay for the car if you don't mind me asking.
word fiberglass sukks .i feel your pain man i would never pay so much for a car like that .if somebody screwed me like that i'll be really angry too .try to get some money back for bodywork.thats why i never buy sombodyelse's project
Old 03-21-07, 07:39 AM
The Ikon
Lexus Champion

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by cip
They do have a lot of "top notch" looking cars.... but as IKON noted many, many of them are repairs, salvage, buybacks. A friend of mine looked at 3 of their Mercedes CL's & E's... each one of them had 15+ 'electrical service' repairs going back to the dealer, then sold, then more electrical service listings, then sold again. They suck ... that's why their prices are so low.. they are at all the auctions. I'd bet they'll have a lot of ES350's cheap (buybacks ) soon
TRUE!!! I talked to a guy that works there at Luxury Motors NOW!!! He said they are getting sued left and right!! I hate those savage type of dealers... All nice over the phone and bull***** is person!!!

I wish I knew this before flying there.. I thought I did my research, BECAUSE, I'm a used car dealer as well... It can happen to anyone... That's why I insisted for a inspection first on a high dollar purchase(or any amount)... Buyer beware!!!
Old 03-21-07, 07:49 AM
LSEGHATCH
Pole Position

Originally Posted by sc250tt
thats why i never buy sombodyelse's project
For the price I wasn't expecting to get someone elses project. I thought the car was ready to go and that I would add my touch to the car as I went along.
Old 03-21-07, 08:23 AM
Jonathan o
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by LSEGHATCH
For the price I wasn't expecting to get someone elses project. I thought the car was ready to go and that I would add my touch to the car as I went along.
Dude sorry about the car . Try to work something out. FYI You never buy a car base on pics or the word of the seller. You go and look at it and put your hands on it, drive it, seat in it. Good luck hope you and the seller can work it out.
Old 03-21-07, 09:08 AM
sc250tt
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Jonathan o
Dude sorry about the car . Try to work something out. FYI You never buy a car base on pics or the word of the seller. You go and look at it and put your hands on it, drive it, seat in it. Good luck hope you and the seller can work it out.
yup when i bought my sc400 it was night and i did not see the damages it had .but i got more than i was expecting so i cannot complain but try to work something out with the man and see what he has to say
Old 03-21-07, 09:14 AM
LSEGHATCH
Pole Position

I've purchased two other cars online before and they were exactly as described. I guess you can't trust people anymore.
Old 03-21-07, 09:40 AM
emoshun
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hindsight is 20-20... I can see where you're coming from knowing what you shelled out, but honestly, you can only blame yourself for not taking every precaution when making this kind of purchase. Good luck getting everything sorted out!

Quick Reply: Received the sc today.