SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Received the sc today.

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-07, 12:28 PM
simann
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think I may have all the emails saved that Anthony sent me about the car as well. It did not look ANYTHING like the pictures you just uploaded for us all to see. Anthony took some cell phone pictures of the car at night with bad lighting from a gas station for me.....thats what finalized my gut feeling that he was shady.

If your legit and really want to sell a car, get some nice high resolution pictures and maybe even some videos of it (thats how I sold my Supra turbo. A guy drove 1200 miles from Colorado Springs to pick my supra up. I sent him videos and at least 100 photos...and I only sold it for $6000.)

This guy wanted $15,000 for this sc300 and only sent me like 20 photos tops. Half of which were from a cell phone, 1/4th being from the previous owner and the other 1/4 being from like last year.

I will have a look on my home computer for you and see if I can forward you my emails with him. I have no problem with helping you out at all.

-Jonathan

Last edited by simann; 03-22-07 at 12:32 PM.
Old 03-22-07, 12:35 PM
ScottURnot
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow this is getting ugly. I understand your disappointment and I am sorry you seem to have been deceived, but am I the only one questioning the suitability of this topic on these forums?
Old 03-22-07, 01:42 PM
boobstar
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by sxylxy
Who remembers that member from NYC on here.. (his name escapes me) somebody bought his car on here and was *****in cause the guys said the interior was black, when it turned out he spray painted the whole thing (EVERYTHING!!!) among many other probs. Some ppl here are messed up, but then again I bought my car from ryansc300 and it was pretty much what he said, the few probs the car had I'm assuming ryan never knew because they were just that, small problems.
daizenlex...i remember it.
Old 03-22-07, 02:06 PM
LexAnt
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sc250tt
word fiberglass sukks .i feel your pain man i would never pay so much for a car like that .if somebody screwed me like that i'll be really angry too .try to get some money back for bodywork.thats why i never buy sombodyelse's project
fiberglass doesn't suck, knockoffs suck. my real vertex has been alive and kicking through daily driving for the past 3 years. and it still looks as good as the day i got it, a lot of norcal members can vouch for that.

lseghatch, i can only say learn to look over the car thoroughly next time, reason why i would never buy a car i can't look at in person. if i were in your position, i would try to get some reimbursements, loose that knockoff, get the real thing and have it done how you expected.
Old 03-22-07, 02:27 PM
sc250tt
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by LexAnt
fiberglass doesn't suck, knockoffs suck. my real vertex has been alive and kicking through daily driving for the past 3 years. and it still looks as good as the day i got it, a lot of norcal members can vouch for that.

lseghatch, i can only say learn to look over the car thoroughly next time, reason why i would never buy a car i can't look at in person. if i were in your position, i would try to get some reimbursements, loose that knockoff, get the real thing and have it done how you expected.
jus because its authentic dont mean its unbreakable .my homey bought a original autocorture kit drove in a gas station at the wrong angle and that was it .now tell me af a oem bumper will do that
Old 03-22-07, 07:28 PM
The Ikon
Lexus Champion

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by raSCal
<--- Another advocate of STAYING AWAY from Luxury Motors.

They were straight-up sketchy from start to finish. Checked out a 98 sc3 on the lot - was in fair shape, some bad interior wear, saw an ad for it in the Trib for $12,900.

I called two days later, their salesman gave me every one-liner he knew, including my personal favorite -
Sales Jerk: "This car is an absolute STEAL for $14,500."
Me: "Um... I'm staring at an ad for it asking $12,900."
Sales Jerk: "Let me check with my manager..... Sir, I am proud to announce I can offer you this car today for $12,900."

Went the private-owner route instead, SO happy I did.

These things are kinda scarce, and making the trip to see/drive it for yourself is well worth it. I went down to Cincinnati for mine.

By the way, what is up with downtown Cincinnati at night? Absolute ghosttown...
YEAH Luxury Motors suck!!! Glad you found another car as well...